Old Dog Learning New Tricks: First Time Growing From Seed!

• Thread starter SinCity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You’re awesome—our apologies for any disrespect! It was meant in the spirit of helping me.
No apologies needed AT ALL...I didn't take it that way..a problem with the net is that we can't see "intent" when we type.

SinCity

SinCity

6C190898 3D6E 41DA AFE1 2CAE60A8140C
I’m a shitty photographer and I’m trying LEDs for first time so the light for taking pictures isn’t great.

SinCity

SinCity

Looking nice and healthy!!

Yes, they’re starting to forgive me
I’d love to chat about whether to keep these as moms...given their abusive childhood. Wouldn’t having the original seedlings as moms be best? Versus starting over on moms from cuttings, raised healthy from the start?

Last edited:
SinCity

SinCity

What type of leds are you using

LEDs are totally new to me. It was always HPS or halides. I didn't do much research--just bought reasonably priced ones that had all the spectrums the little bit of research directed me to (red, blue, white, lime green). Went with two 600W NexTrends. I don't know if the rest of the specs matter: Double Chips Full Spectrum, 60° COB Reflector. No idea if that's a good one.

It's odd to be using them, because the light is so unfamiliar. Plants seem ok with them--at least in veg. I like spending less on electricity. I bought a 1000w gavitas too. Might switch to that. Need to ask more questions from a friend i've gained from this site. Good people here...

Erick31876

Erick31876

LEDs are totally new to me. It was always HPS or halides. I didn't do much research--just bought reasonably priced ones that had all the spectrums the little bit of research directed me to (red, blue, white, lime green). Went with two 600W NexTrends. I don't know if the rest of the specs matter: Double Chips Full Spectrum, 60° COB Reflector. No idea if that's a good one.

It's odd to be using them, because the light is so unfamiliar. Plants seem ok with them--at least in veg. I like spending less on electricity. I bought a 1000w gavitas too. Might switch to that. Need to ask more questions from a friend i've gained from this site. Good people here...
I never heard of that brand, I dont know too much about them either. Yes there is a lot of good people here. I think this is the best forum for growing. I went on a couple of them in the last year and this one seems to have the nicest people that are willing to help.

SinCity

SinCity

I never heard of that brand, I dont know too much about them either. Yes there is a lot of good people here. I think this is the best forum for growing. I went on a couple of them in the last year and this one seems to have the nicest people that are willing to help.

This site has been an emotional life-saver...

Funk junky

Funk junky

Not exactly sure, but summer/fall of 2018. They reported that they had received numerous comments about needing Cal-mag (more) and a PK boost. Well..surprise,....they did it!
I was gonna say earlier looks like early calcium deficiency. Have switched to led for about five seasons. You will need cal mag through out grow.
I would advise getting rid of dead wood the Inards that are probably sufurcating it, the plant is probably using a lot of energy on these parts doesn’t expect you to flip yet.
I would trim all non optimal for light bud sights give week ten days or so for recovery, a small shoot showing they have recovered from stress then flip.
Just my two cents.
This is my conclusion how I see it in my thoughts and don’t think you will see it as anything more than creative.
As a former gorilla grower I think you’re treating them like outdoor plants.
I would suggest that you have used kelp or silicon based product or raw ingredients like say seaweed?
There some well worked foundations there. But now focus on removing any lead shoots that are not gonna optimise.
I always give silicone but myself.
But yeah focus on leads remove anything that’s not in optimal position give week and watch for recovery slight growth acceleration.
Buy a product like cal mag the prune of your inards should give you stay of execution. I know it sounds cruel but we’re in for the deep haul.
Yeah make sure air can get in. Feel like im telling grandma how to suck eggs. Aim for trunks slightly less I height I’m currently rehabilitating my rose bushes.

7E873EFE B1E0 4ADF 8F58 D228E60B3763
89034CB2 56B6 40BA 84BF 1CED52E8AA72

Latest posts

Top Bottom