Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I was interested in getting uncle festers skunk in my search. I have a RKS x (Deep Chunk x Super Skunk) that Smells very promising in veg on stem rub no sweet just fuel and skunky musky. I’ve tried Red Russian F2 by KOS very very good and musky fills up room and overtakes anything else but again not skunk it was hybridized. Keep searching
Im so glad you said this I almost bought the red Russian by KOS I have been eyeing it for a while. Keep us updated on your hunt that RKS x (Deep chunk x Super Skunk) is sounding promising.

oldmanmurph

oldmanmurph

I researched the hell out of the Uncle Festers over at Natures Farm I was gonna buy some seeds a while back but they were sold out. Anyways I don't like talking shit on any growers out there I respect the various companies but what I will say is that after reading many different grow reports on the Uncle Festers I have yet to come across anyone who found the real deal RKS in his genetics. Good smoke and nice smells but not the true skunk. People were saying that you gotta hunt through many packs to find it however I wouldn't personally pursue that it seems like were hunting for unicorns with his stuff. Im currently pheno hunting a few other cultivars right now that actually legitimately stink to high hell and Im only in veg/early flower still so I got high hopes for finding some real skunk right now. Im as close as I have been so far after years of hunting and wasting money on many breeder packs.
Let me know what you find - I’m running a few skunks as well not necesaarily specifically looking for the road kill but something thats not a sweet skunk - I have plenty of those beans From various holland and Canadian

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Im so glad you said this I almost bought the red Russian by KOS I have been eyeing it for a while. Keep us updated on your hunt that RKS x (Deep chunk x Super Skunk) is sounding promising.
Red Russian is good I forgot to add lol not knocking it. it is a sweet skunk that’s what I meant when I said it was hybridized. But he states in the description he’s not sure if his friend out crossed the strain because he even found some sweet phenotype so that just confirms it. I pop rest of my pack of it only keeping best female out of 6 no signs of sex yet.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Red Russian is good I forgot to add lol not knocking it. it is a sweet skunk that’s what I meant when I said it was hybridized. But he states in the description he’s not sure if his friend out crossed the strain because he even found some sweet phenotype so that just confirms it. I pop rest of my pack of it only keeping best female out of 6 no signs of sex yet.
Yeah for sure I understand what you meant. I also read the full online history of the Red Russian on his website and he does admit that at some point it was hybridized. Im sure its still good don't get me wrong I have ran a lot of stuff over recent years that was claimed to be RKS that was still really good but none of it was quite the real thing. Maybe there is a good pheno to be found in the KOS Red Russian just keep us posted if you find a red hot burner then I will give it a try for sure. I just have too many strains in my seed vault that are skunk that is "good" but not "epic". Im shooting for epic at this point LOL 😂

Last edited:
F

FourAssedMonkey

Well, I have them. They're 34 years old, but they were kept frozen in film canisters packed with a paper towel inside and in a zipIock bag and I have them, canisters are dated 1989 on masking tape and all. There is a super long story behind them and it's even from my childhood with my stoner uncle. I've spent most of my adult life hunting these things and they were under my nose the whole damned time, kinda. I won't get into it too much but I remember my grandpa and uncle using album covers to get all the seeds out and and packing them up to put into the deep freezer. It was nothing to see my uncle with his black film canister but it was my first time seeing two QP's at once after my uncle sued a woman who blew a stop sign and almost killed him and literally, the first things he bought was a new premier drum set and that half pound. At the time, I didn't even know what it was. It just smelled good to me when he'd smoke it. and that summer was the first time I ever tasted bud, from those bags. He still had the seeds, he never had the nerve, time, or heart to grow them but grandpa, being he saved his heirloom seeds the same way, packaged them up and when grandpa died, it was something with grandpa's handwriting on it and he just kept them in his freezers over the years because no one would mess with them in there. This past weekend, I drove for 18 hours to go get them because I didn't want them to get lost in the mail. I transfered them to a stainless steel vacuum container with a large desiccant pack and then into a cooler for the ride home so he could keep the canisters with grandpa's writing on them. Getting them to pop to start the reversal process is going to be a task but I am not bullshitting in any way. I am passionate about preserving legendary genetics and have experience popping seeds older than these, successfully. I've had to remove the protein from the shell and germinate them in a sterile environment in agar infused with a very mild, primitive nutrient solution, but they slowly sprang to life, every time once i got it down. I'm just here to let you know that, hopefully, it is not going to be extinct for long. I've wanted this for the last 26+ years after around 1995 when it just kind of disappeared. I literally was so hung up on this genetic that I quit smoking for over ten years because it is all I wanted to smoke and I didn't like the smell or the taste of the stuff that was coming on the scene. I am going to do everything in my power to get a feminized seed run done by late this your or early next. I have over 200 of these old seeds and that raises my odds considerably. I will be back periodically to give updates on how it's going. I wouldn't believe it myself and I certainly wouldn't have made that drive if it hadn't been for my uncle and I shooting the shit when we got on the subject of how todays bud just isn't the same and that the best bud he ever had was the stuff he was getting back in the late 80's into the 90's. He refers to it as "midwest skank" and I told him about my genetics collection and thats when he asked me if i remembered when he and grandpa had weed all over the kitchen table and then it all came back. He then mentioned that he still had those seeds in the freezer and I about had a heart attack. I am super stoked for these and I hope to not have a bunch of negative BS here because bud has been a part of my life since the first time I asked my grandpa why my uncle's cigarette smelled funny when I was 4 years old and this is HUGE to me. Hopefully, it can be for those of you have been hunting too because I know what the hunt and the wait has been like.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Well, I have them. They're 34 years old, but they were kept frozen in film canisters packed with a paper towel inside and in a zipIock bag and I have them, canisters are dated 1989 on masking tape and all. There is a super long story behind them and it's even from my childhood with my stoner uncle. I've spent most of my adult life hunting these things and they were under my nose the whole damned time, kinda. I won't get into it too much but I remember my grandpa and uncle using album covers to get all the seeds out and and packing them up to put into the deep freezer. It was nothing to see my uncle with his black film canister but it was my first time seeing two QP's at once after my uncle sued a woman who blew a stop sign and almost killed him and literally, the first things he bought was a new premier drum set and that half pound. At the time, I didn't even know what it was. It just smelled good to me when he'd smoke it. and that summer was the first time I ever tasted bud, from those bags. He still had the seeds, he never had the nerve, time, or heart to grow them but grandpa, being he saved his heirloom seeds the same way, packaged them up and when grandpa died, it was something with grandpa's handwriting on it and he just kept them in his freezers over the years because no one would mess with them in there. This past weekend, I drove for 18 hours to go get them because I didn't want them to get lost in the mail. I transfered them to a stainless steel vacuum container with a large desiccant pack and then into a cooler for the ride home so he could keep the canisters with grandpa's writing on them. Getting them to pop to start the reversal process is going to be a task but I am not bullshitting in any way. I am passionate about preserving legendary genetics and have experience popping seeds older than these, successfully. I've had to remove the protein from the shell and germinate them in a sterile environment in agar infused with a very mild, primitive nutrient solution, but they slowly sprang to life, every time once i got it down. I'm just here to let you know that, hopefully, it is not going to be extinct for long. I've wanted this for the last 26+ years after around 1995 when it just kind of disappeared. I literally was so hung up on this genetic that I quit smoking for over ten years because it is all I wanted to smoke and I didn't like the smell or the taste of the stuff that was coming on the scene. I am going to do everything in my power to get a feminized seed run done by late this your or early next. I have over 200 of these old seeds and that raises my odds considerably. I will be back periodically to give updates on how it's going. I wouldn't believe it myself and I certainly wouldn't have made that drive if it hadn't been for my uncle and I shooting the shit when we got on the subject of how todays bud just isn't the same and that the best bud he ever had was the stuff he was getting back in the late 80's into the 90's. He refers to it as "midwest skank" and I told him about my genetics collection and thats when he asked me if i remembered when he and grandpa had weed all over the kitchen table and then it all came back. He then mentioned that he still had those seeds in the freezer and I about had a heart attack. I am super stoked for these and I hope to not have a bunch of negative BS here because bud has been a part of my life since the first time I asked my grandpa why my uncle's cigarette smelled funny when I was 4 years old and this is HUGE to me. Hopefully, it can be for those of you have been hunting too because I know what the hunt and the wait has been like.
Wow brother this is so exciting it is incredible that the seeds have remained in the freezer for this long! The real skunk is so dam hard to find I have personally spent thousands over the years but never found anything that smelled like the stuff I smoked in college. If you can actually isolate the genes and then do a big seed run it would be so epic there is a group of people on here that have devoted a ton of effort into finding the real skunk. If you hooked up the growers on here with real skunk seeds from 1989 you would literally be like Jesus Christ LOL 😂

F

FourAssedMonkey

Wow brother this is so exciting it is incredible that the seeds have remained in the freezer for this long! The real skunk is so dam hard to find I have personally spent thousands over the years but never found anything that smelled like the stuff I smoked in college. If you can actually isolate the genes and then do a big seed run it would be so epic there is a group of people on here that have devoted a ton of effort into finding the real skunk. If you hooked up the growers on here with real skunk seeds from 1989 you would literally be like Jesus Christ LOL 😂
That is my goal.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
The mission for Authentic Genetics has always been to bring rare and mostly unavailable genetics to the community directly from the original breeders.

We started with getting the original Haze genetics directly from Skunkman Sam and reproducing them with his permission and his guidance with the goal of spreading Haze and increasing the quality of cannabis worldwide.

Because of the old seed collection of Mel Frank, we were able to bring back acrid smelling original Skunk #1 that he had received in the mid 80s.
Screenshot 20230713 105533

Last edited:
I

imhigh

In the Saginaw Michigan area in 1987, there was SKUNK bud.
Soome of you know EXACTLY what i mean.
Is this strain available today.Every skunk i have triwd here in michigan, is not the same.Dont even come close...someone shed some light????
Afghan was very skunky.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
The mission for Authentic Genetics has always been to bring rare and mostly unavailable genetics to the community directly from the original breeders.

We started with getting the original Haze genetics directly from Skunkman Sam and reproducing them with his permission and his guidance with the goal of spreading Haze and increasing the quality of cannabis worldwide.

Because of the old seed collection of Mel Frank, we were able to bring back acrid smelling original Skunk #1 that he had received in the mid 80s.
View attachment 2008573
Can anyone verify the quality of these?

Gmix

Gmix

After hunting cheese and bubblegum for ages l came to the conclusion some breeder may have it to breed with but there not Commercially available any more.

Just re grew black domaina and even that doesn’t taste or smell like the one from the 90s it’s left me wondering how many strains we haven’t got access to any more

Breeders kept complaining about the gene pool before the usa went legal and it all blew up guess they had good reason. Mind some of its been done by the very people that did complain.

Imo there seemed to be a trend to breed out hard core smelly plants and to increase yeild

Some of the nicest strains didn’t produce much so I obviously with folks wanting larger yeilds they changed them

Then we had the thc race with the crazy if it’s not 25% I don’t want it trend

We’d be lucky to find someone who had the originals as is even if they had them

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
ust re grew black domaina and even that doesn’t taste or smell like the one from the 90s it’s left me wondering how many strains we haven’t got access to any more
There was a strain known as "Red Hair" in Southern California, early 90's or so, you just felt lifted and happy, not as stoned as the other strains. Back then you called out weed where they said it came from, Mexico, Thailand, Columbia, but everyone called this one strain "Red Hair".

Stokes

Stokes

you guys have got me interested in this. When i quit in ‘98, skunk was the only thing you could get in these hills. Im currently growing dutch passions euforia, which is supposedly an old school skunk, we will see.

Correct me if im wrong but i think theres a fella growing roadkill on this site right now. His username escapes me

Scoopaloop

Scoopaloop

Stop wasting your money time and brain cells on seedbank scammers. None of these mother fuckers have a God damned clue. Meet me in person I'll give you a few hundred skunk seeds for free. Not in my neighborhood? Don't grow in soil? Sorry, that's the only way I can narrow it down. The internet has RUINED weed. "Oh that shit looks pretty" yeah and it fucking smells like Botanicare and feels like a homicide toxological report.

TALK TO PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. GET THE FUCK OFF THE SCAMMERNET. I get amazing shit in seed form on at least a monthly basis. NOT FROM FUCKING KIDS ON INSTAGRAM. USE COMMON SENSE GOD DAMN, MILLENNIALS DONT KNOW WHAT WEED IS.

The shit you can buy from a scammer/punk ass bitch wannabe breeder at a seedbank is TRASH.

MMLA

Make Marijuana Local Again!
Lmao so take that! Bitches and like it!!✌️🤣

E

eightball

I too have been on a skunk hunt, i have ran skunks from many breeders and none of it is true skunk. I remember seeing it last in '93. It stunk like a skunks arse at point blank range after it was heated up on an open fire. Buds were of medium size to large, medium density and stunk through 3 ziplocks. I remember it very well, I have been asking my childhood friends parents if they have any old beans hidden in a jar somewhere in hopes of finding it, that is literally how low I have gone to find it. High and low the travels I have went and still have came up empty handed. The closest Iv found was a batch of trench town skunk seeds given to me from a guy I know on the islands.
Please some one tell me how they would know that something is a "real" OG Skunk bud??? How would you known100% if it's the one??

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

you guys have got me interested in this. When i quit in ‘98, skunk was the only thing you could get in these hills. Im currently growing dutch passions euforia, which is supposedly an old school skunk, we will see.

Correct me if im wrong but i think theres a fella growing roadkill on this site right now. His username escapes me
There's high grade Skunk, maybe not the "originals", but there are "heirlooms" of those "originals" being grown.
Most of us older fellas are dying off and our seeds are being lost or tossed out in the trash.
The internet weed nerd forums interact with maybe .05% of the total amount of weed grown on the planet and the rest don't even know there's a Skunk extinction going on. lol
Most never had access to cuts and all that stuff. They stayed isolated and grew what they had and traded locally.
So yea, it's still out there.
But they're not being sold on an internet forum. You'll have to look somewhere else for them.
Bottom line,
you all have convinced each other no one has it because you don't have it.
Then someone comes along that most likely has something that stands out to them as being something(skunk) special.
It "startles" a person, the first time they experience real "Skunk" lineage.
I'm confident someone will turn loose/get screwed for a little bit of $$$ in the future.
Each day, the seed get more valuable. lol
Hell man, go to some old country junk yards and dig around the 70's 80's 90's and early 2000's era cars and you might find you some "seat stash".
Worth a shot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom