Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Please some one tell me how they would know that something is a "real" OG Skunk bud??? How would you known100% if it's the one??
I just hear old school growers describing it as growing like golf balls. Unless you grew them yourself back in the 80's, you wouldn't know. How do we know anything we grow is what it says it is with all the fancy naming going on.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Please some one tell me how they would know that something is a "real" OG Skunk bud??? How would you known100% if it's the one??
If you seen, grown and smoked it before you will know if it's closely related for sure.

2000s and early
Super Skunk
Skunk#1
RKS
Some phenos had the original skunk mojo going
Nowadays is freaking hard to find it again.

My cheese rider cut has some skunky profile but it's more biased to the rotten cheese and a little floral mixed. Very good stuff none the less but not the original shit, it's the original exodus cheese skunk pheno crossed with a biker kush male.

The original skunk phenos had that baby shit mixed with catpiss overwhelming smell and at the same time had a sweetness maybe "earthy and piney" In Taste mixed in.

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
If you seen, grown and smoked it before you will know if it's closely related for sure.

2000s and early
Super Skunk
Skunk#1
RKS
Some phenos had the original skunk mojo going
Nowadays is freaking hard to find it again.

My cheese rider cut has some skunky profile but it's more biased to the rotten cheese and a little floral mixed. Very good stuff none the less but not the original shit, it's the original exodus cheese skunk pheno crossed with a biker kush male.

The original skunk phenos had that baby shit mixed with catpiss overwhelming smell and at the same time had a sweetness maybe "earthy and piney" In Taste mixed in.
I can see why it faded out.. 😂 imagine growing that inside your house? baby shit and cat piss.. some houses probably smell like that already.. 😂

Jokes aside, checking around everyone is saying it's gone, mostly from raids (was not as legal as it is today in some states) and no one worried about extinction so clones were mostly used with no mind in keeping a bank of seeds around, bad luck with nutrition, and because of the explosion of indoor growers strains were breed to not be so abrasive to the nose. You could grow it out in the mountains with no worries (of neighbors and attracting the law) but indoors... diffrent story.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I can see why it faded out.. 😂 imagine growing that inside your house? baby shit and cat piss.. some houses probably smell like that already.. 😂

Jokes aside, checking around everyone is saying it's gone, mostly from raids (was not as legal as it is today in some states) and no one worried about extinction so clones were mostly used with no mind in keeping a bank of seeds around, bad luck with nutrition, and because of the explosion of indoor growers strains were breed to not be so abrasive to the nose. You could grow it out in the mountains with no worries (of neighbors and attracting the law) but indoors... diffrent story.
It wasn't a gross smell tho, but freaking powerfull, was fire potent and tasting buds!!!

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
It wasn't a gross smell tho, but freaking powerfull, was fire potent and tasting buds!!!
The smoke reports are very positive and this plant is said to be a great beginner strain, very easy to grow. But if it's gone...what are these guys smoking in the smoke reports? This guy has been growing for decades and author of "The Kitchen" (An Awesome Coffee Table Book!) So is it gone?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

The smoke reports are very positive and this plant is said to be a great beginner strain, very easy to grow. But if it's gone...what are these guys smoking in the smoke reports? This guy has been growing for decades and author of "The Kitchen" (An Awesome Coffee Table Book!) So is it gone?
I don't believe it's gone I've smoked some pretty close to skunk buds some years ago but no bag seed to be found :-(

Some people will have cuts and old seed stash collection with the originals for sure.
Also some breeders will probably have the original cuts still, idk why they don't make S1 reversals of it tho.

But I've tried to find it in some skunk #1 super skunk and RKS seeds packs and it was nothing like the Old-school skunk tho.. genetics ended up being watered down, mom's or dads died in the breeders hands and a back cross to the original parents wasn't possible maybe?

Who knows, all I know it's kind of a life time task to find it again imo.

Or just a matter of having the right friends/connections too LOL

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Flying Dutchman had the real deal back in the day, but it closed the doors not long ago.
I'm tempted to get some from sensi to try again, Sensi skunk, super skunk and skunk#1 see if I have any luck with them.
If you have luck getting any from Sensi Seeds please let me know how because they will not openly ship to the states. 😒

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

If you have luck getting any from Sensi Seeds please let me know how because they will not openly ship to the states. 😒
I'm out of US tho but not sure if they are shipping here, need to check, but I have some friends that travel a lot and could bring me some gear if I need.

F

FourAssedMonkey

seedbanks that carry sensi do get their seeds to the US ... BUT ... nonoe of their 'skunk' is the real deal. They bred that old school out in the early 2000's on the quest for yield and profit. I have run every one of their supposed skunk strains and if you dig what they called skunk in 2005, then it's for you. Too sweet and too much of a mango undertone to be the stuff the ppl my age are talking about

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

seedbanks that carry sensi do get their seeds to the US ... BUT ... nonoe of their 'skunk' is the real deal. They bred that old school out in the early 2000's on the quest for yield and profit. I have run every one of their supposed skunk strains and if you dig what they called skunk in 2005, then it's for you. Too sweet and too much of a mango undertone to be the stuff the ppl my age are talking about
I was afraid of that, last time I tried sensi skunks I was also disappointed.

F

FourAssedMonkey

There's high grade Skunk, maybe not the "originals", but there are "heirlooms" of those "originals" being grown.
Most of us older fellas are dying off and our seeds are being lost or tossed out in the trash.
The internet weed nerd forums interact with maybe .05% of the total amount of weed grown on the planet and the rest don't even know there's a Skunk extinction going on. lol
Most never had access to cuts and all that stuff. They stayed isolated and grew what they had and traded locally.
So yea, it's still out there.
But they're not being sold on an internet forum. You'll have to look somewhere else for them.
Bottom line,
you all have convinced each other no one has it because you don't have it.
Then someone comes along that most likely has something that stands out to them as being something(skunk) special.
It "startles" a person, the first time they experience real "Skunk" lineage.
I'm confident someone will turn loose/get screwed for a little bit of $$$ in the future.
Each day, the seed get more valuable. lol
Hell man, go to some old country junk yards and dig around the 70's 80's 90's and early 2000's era cars and you might find you some "seat stash".
Worth a shot.
LOL, funny you mention that because I've found some decent beans that way. and You are right, it's still around in my neck of the woods but the dude who slings it won't let anyone have a clone because he's got the market cornered for the 45 and up crowd. I don't know that you've read my post but I have a large quantity of beans that were frozen in '89 and kept that way for the most of the time since. They are now in my freezer and I'm waiting on some down-time from work because I want to be able to put maximum effort into the runs that I need to make. Any pointers you might have for waking up dormant seeds would be appreciated. I have some fairly advanced techniques at my disposal, including a sterile room and flow hood in the event I need to remove the protien from the shell to sprout in sterile agar. I'm not out for $$$. I believe that the lost genetics need to be found and restored for the sake of nostalgia. Nothing is like the first time and that's what was around when I hit my first J and haven't seen it since those days. Around '02 and It was just gone

F

FourAssedMonkey

I was afraid of that, last time I tried sensi skunks I was also disappointed.
Despair not friend, I am 99 percent sure I have them, but they are very old. I'm just waiting for the cooler months when my work slows down to I can give the proper amount of attention to trying to revive the lineageinstead of it being on the back-burner to my job. I will keep posting to let everyone know how the progress is going.

F

FourAssedMonkey

Thanks for posting this
I've tried supposed skunk from Mel and Old school Seeds and I'm sorry you lost your money. Not trying to be a dick, I just know that what I got, when I was hoping to get what we are all looking for and it wasnt it.

F

FourAssedMonkey

Believe me, once you smell it, you know it. lol. But from seed, you won't know until you run it. There are too many scammers looking to profit on its reputation and rarity though so stay away from any mainstream 'skunk', it's not the real deal. I know, I've run nearly all of them

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Despair not friend, I am 99 percent sure I have them, but they are very old. I'm just waiting for the cooler months when my work slows down to I can give the proper amount of attention to trying to revive the lineageinstead of it being on the back-burner to my job. I will keep posting to let everyone know how the progress is going.
If you find it, please do a s1 for the Thcfarmer masses lol

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I've tried supposed skunk from Mel and Old school Seeds and I'm sorry you lost your money. Not trying to be a dick, I just know that what I got, when I was hoping to get what we are all looking for and it wasnt it.
weed is weed to me,, didn't lose money, and what makes your skunk so special, you can't even pop your "frozen" beans..not holding my breath.

Top Bottom