Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

So am on a project to recreate the skunk. Am running the balkhi afgani, and columbian gold for the summer run. Will cross them for the first round. But my best news is, I run Acapulco gold alot, from bodhi, and found a pheno, that I've seen before, but never got seeds. But this round, I found her AGAIN! And got some seeds!! I call her the dankapulco pheno. Shes dank! She isnt as much the Carmel that is on the other phenos. Less sweet. She is more acrid. That dankness in fuels that makes us choke. This is the pheno. So excited for the last round of my skunk project!
And really, I am sitting on a bunch of modern hybrids, and there is no way they are better than this old school girl!! Maybe structure wise, but besides that, she will stone you out completely! And it's a Tommy Chong kinda high. All stoney smiles! Better actually. Modern hybrids are all bottlenecked, so the buzz is pretty much the same for every new strain. I'm running old ones this year!

growsince79

growsince79

And really, I am sitting on a bunch of modern hybrids, and there is no way they are better than this old school girl!! Maybe structure wise, but besides that, she will stone you out completely! And it's a Tommy Chong kinda high. All stoney smiles! Better actually. Modern hybrids are all bottlenecked, so the buzz is pretty much the same for every new strain. I'm running old ones this year!
I have landrace Colombian I'm using to make amazing strains. I'll be doing some Thai crosses as well.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Phenos of the original nl had that catpissy,musky,skunky(but not skunk) smell,and it reeked!,76
Thats what I'm talking about my man! NL had it for sure. That Catpissy musky nose burn. Thats what I remember. It wasn't 76 for me it was early 2000s my first college years I wasn't born in 76 yet LOL. I caught the very tail end of the skunky phenomenon just before everything disappeared. Personally I think it was probably peaking in the 90s at least where Im from anyways. There was insane gas in the 90s in SoCal but it tapered off after that. I was lucky enough to experience a little taste of it then it was gone like a ghost. Everything is fruit now fuck fruit. Give me sharp peppery funky ammonia piss nose burn any day of the week I love it!

growsince79

growsince79

Thats what I'm talking about my man! NL had it for sure. That Catpissy musky nose burn. Thats what I remember. It wasn't 76 for me it was early 2000s my first college years I wasn't born in 76 yet LOL. I caught the very tail end of the skunky phenomenon just before everything disappeared. Personally I think it was probably peaking in the 90s at least where Im from anyways. There was insane gas in the 90s in SoCal but it tapered off after that. I was lucky enough to experience a little taste of it then it was gone like a ghost. Everything is fruit now fuck fruit. Give me sharp peppery funky ammonia piss nose burn any day of the week I love it!
For me it tapered off around 86 when I chose less stinky phenos to grow and breed. Smartest thing I ever did; but I guess I should have froze seeds.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I believe “76” is his signature

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Sent some old seeds to a friend that does tissue culture and embryo rescue several months ago... Not saying these are gonna be the rks... But they are from the time before everyone thinks it disappeared.

Screenshot 20220314 0841552
Screenshot 20220314 0842292
Screenshot 20220313 1306112

💚

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Sent some old seeds to a friend that does tissue culture and embryo rescue several months ago... Not saying these are gonna be the rks... But they are from the time before everyone thinks it disappeared.

View attachment 1226009View attachment 1226005View attachment 1226003

💚
Man this is really cool if you can get some of these to go hopefully you can start some open pollination runs and then beef up your seed count. If you can start getting hundreds of seeds and really start a massive pheno hunt in those old genetics you may have a shot at finding something killer 😎 🤘

Mikendiana317

Mikendiana317

In the Saginaw Michigan area in 1987, there was SKUNK bud.
Soome of you know EXACTLY what i mean.
Is this strain available today.Every skunk i have triwd here in michigan, is not the same.Dont even come close...someone shed some light????
Love me some skunk brother. The closest I’ve found is SKUNK # 1 from growers choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom