Omerta

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Omerta

Omerta

Goodmorning!

No thoughts of dread or death and destruction this morning but actually excited to see the new growth. The nute burn I believe has been stopped! There is no new damage that I have seen. All the same tips are dark, but no progressive spreading death! The leaves are definitely getting a lighter green... the new growth is almost bright green. I hope this is healthy. Lol. I like it because of the contrast. Mmm I should take some B&W pic with my dslr camera. Way outperform on quality my phone camera. I'm an amateur photographer (not necessarily good) sharpening my skills on my plants... they are the perfect subjects, they move to where you put them, they stay there and as long as they are healthy they are beautiful at every stage of development. I truly enjoy just sitting and staring at them, watching them grow.

Oh, I had a fall out and reset in the clone ranks. I over watered and forgot to check the runoff catch of canna-tsu #4. She drowned last night but I am trying to resuscitate her. I found her stem rotted at soil level and below... I may have put her in too deep to begin with. I cut the rotten stem off and up past the first healthy node. I re-cinnamoned the cut and put her back into the soil. She is now in darkness until tonight, maybe tomorrow. I aerated the soil, it was too saturated and compacted.
I hope I dont start playing 99 bottles of beer on the wall with my clones. That would suck.

Ok, so now that I'm back in my gt I'm looking closely and there is still some progression of nute burn, but it is slowed. Still good. I'll take it. I have seen no new thrips activity or presence. I pray that they stay gone.

20190125 102245
20190125 101840
20190125 101957
20190125 102143
Omerta

Omerta

Ok... new battle plan. I'm going to drop the temp to upper 60s but not above 70, to help slow the bug development. I am going to be trying a fels-naptha and baking soda solution, I'm going to leave out the oil. Idk what its purpose is but in dont like it on my plant... theres still an oily residue from when I applied it a couple days ago.
Soooooooo aggravating. But I'm going to spray only once a day over the weekend and flush on Monday or Tue. I will only be hydrating with clean water, PH set at 6.5, that has aerated at least 24 hrs. I have to be very careful to not overdo the hydration but I gotta kill these bugs, but not fry/drown my plant. We shall see.

Omerta

Omerta

Post folier spray and rinse. Solution is 32 oz water with 1/8tsp vinegar, 1/3 tsp baking soda, and 1/2tsp fels-naptha soap concentrate. I PH'd the entire solution to approx 6.5 - 6.8 the ppm @1100 the water started at 135ppm. Suffice to say I rinsed the crap out of my plants. I'll update the photos tonight to see if theres any damage. There probably will be. But such is life and I'm not stressing it. If I end up killing these plants I know what not to do on my clones. It sucks but this is a huge learning experience and I hopefully have learned something through all this... for sure I'm going to write out a full After Action Report (AAR) Summarizing all that I have encountered and what I have done to exacerbate the problem but also what I did to correct problems... if I end up doing anything right. Lol. Let others learn from my learning experiences. Even if it's what not to do.

20190125 130106
20190125 130114
20190125 130134
20190125 130138
20190125 130153
20190125 130158
Phylex

Phylex

Ok I believe they have all rooted to some extent, minus CB #4... she's a start over.
8 out of 9 isn't bad... 8 out of 13 or 14 attempts total... Meh. But I have clones yes!

When should I move my clone babies out of the nursery and into full vegg.

February 1 is my first thought of when to move them under my vegg light. I guess I'll just move em when they are ready.

I know I'm still waiting for my cannatsu momma to stabilize but how long should I wait before I need to add nutes again after the flush?
Congrats on the clones Omertà

Omerta

Omerta

Hey all, well Im into another round of pesticides, I'm waiting to rinse with water. My jalapenos pepper plants and I think my garlic has thrips... oh well. They all sharing the same room so it figures that they do. But my clones are free of pestulance so yay!

Omerta

Omerta

I adjusted the grow tent air/filtration system a bit. I left the inline fan carbon air filter bucket where they are; drawing from the tent, creating a negative air pressure. What I did change was the intake fan... I removed it because it was to powerful and created positive pressure... alot actually. I could see daylight through the seam holes in the material of the tent. Also it was pushing potential smell, NOT through the filter. Smell is bad until you go to smoke it. Lol.
I double folded some nylon door screen to get a 4 layer large partical filter over my 12" intake port. A single layer worked wellish for me. So a quad screen? Yup. I'm happy.

20190126 161145
DyersEve

DyersEve

This is my first grow . So I can not comment on the flavor. Im using 2 tsp per half gallon of distilled water along with blackstrap molasses @1 tsp per 1/2 gallon
Dude, don't use distilled water! Distilled by definition has nothing dissolved in it so it leaches the nutrients out of your soil before your plants have a chance to use them. It won't be a situation where your plants get zero nutrients, but it does pretty severely cut down on them. There is one time in your grow cycle that it is beneficial and that is during the flush at the end of flowering. You can use distilled water for the last couple weeks of the life cycle and it actually improves the efficacy of your flush. If you want to use store bought water because you have crappy water in your area use water with added electrolytes. They are good for your plants just like they are good for you. They contain magnesium which is something that actually makes your nutrients more bio-available. If you're getting what you think are decent results using distilled water you will get a noticable improvement if you use water with electrolytes. You can also use distilled to help stop nutrient burn if you've over fed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom