ONE GALLON CHALLANGE | THCFARMER GROWERS 2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Coming along. Think I’m just giving it 6 weeks more then gonna harvest for the seeds mostly but gonna need to get a few ounces on her a weed for that pound we are expecting.
AC7E8BD5 3D57 4A36 A22D 223AC43B3F48

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
1 gallon and thanks!
I was just trying to figure out how big the plant was because the pot looks really big for 1 gallon with the plant being so big you’d think the pot would appear smaller but I guess the plant only looks so big from the pictures? That’s why I asked, seems confusing to me.

Bravo if that is 1 gallon but it really does look like 2 from here. Must be my old eyes doing old eye stuff though

I gotta start upping My veg time to try and get some like that I think.

DanC520

DanC520

I was just trying to figure out how big the plant was because the pot looks really big for 1 gallon with the plant being so big you’d think the pot would appear smaller but I guess the plant only looks so big from the pictures? That’s why I asked, seems confusing to me.

Bravo if that is 1 gallon but it really does look like 2 from here. Must be my old eyes doing old eye stuff though

I gotta start upping My veg time to try and get some like that I think.
It’s a one gallon, for sure. Would be kind of silly to be posting it here otherwise lol. It’s also an auto, so basically no veg time. Grew in three diff spots with three diff lights as well (but by necessity, not design).

About to transfer a handful of clones to one gallons as well. Gonna really try keep that bunch narrow. Anywho, here’s my (Double Grape x Creme de la Chem) x Mango Smile on day 57.

4ED93F0A 7B7A 4119 B80E 2F716ADF1916
A5B3E1B4 1C93 4DDB B150 9824043A7880
BC3706A4 D73B 4262 948B 06E906E71637
5F716A09 3E24 4C54 AC65 AF9C093CFDE6
DF5D52F9 B040 41F4 AA56 045761CFBE47

Habosabin

Habosabin

White Widow is on day 22, starting to fill out nicely. Hitting her stride after our early emergency transplant cost us a bit of time... but that's ok, we have the whole summer ahead. She looks a little overwaterd, but that's because I saturated her 2 days ago and gave a light feed and light cal/mag, hopefully it wasn't too soon for food, first time using ocean forest. She won't get any water for at least 4 more days, probably longer. C'mon warm weather!View attachment 1239435View attachment 1239436View attachment 1239437
Solid looking seedling. Nice start.

Reactions: TSD
E9noxis

E9noxis

I switched sides. Now Red Bruce is on the left and Black Domina is on the right.

20220501 222235

20220501 222241

And here is my Nettle friend

20220501 222422

I've noticed the Bruce gets much heavier than the Domina after a feeding or watering.
The LST wires are still off the Domina but still on the Bruce.
I pruned a few dink branches off Domina.
Bruce is doing fine after the break incident.

I was planning to flip today but I decided to give it another week to let Domina get taller than Bruce. I'll flip next weekend.

I might defoliate Bruce a little. Her leaves are bunching. I've tried to train them away but they are persistent assholes that love to be in the way.

TSD

TSD

I switched sides. Now Red Bruce is on the left and Black Domina is on the right.

View attachment 1240928
View attachment 1240927

And here is my Nettle friend

View attachment 1240929

I've noticed the Bruce gets much heavier than the Domina after a feeding or watering.
The LST wires are still off the Domina but still on the Bruce.
I pruned a few dink branches off Domina.
Bruce is doing fine after the break incident.

I was planning to flip today but I decided to give it another week to let Domina get taller than Bruce. I'll flip next weekend.

I might defoliate Bruce a little. Her leaves are bunching. I've tried to train them away but they are persistent assholes that love to be in the way.
I always rotate the ladies, I have LED on one half of the closet and a full spectrum uv light therapy light on the other, so it's only fair lol.
FYI, nettles grow at an alarming rate in the worst of conditions... You're gonna wake up to that thing being 10 feet tall and demanding breakfast one morning. 🤣 I can see the headlines now "World Record nettle accidentally grown in grow tent."

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
It’s a one gallon, for sure. Would be kind of silly to be posting it here otherwise lol. It’s also an auto, so basically no veg time. Grew in three diff spots with three diff lights as well (but by necessity, not design).

About to transfer a handful of clones to one gallons as well. Gonna really try keep that bunch narrow. Anywho, here’s my (Double Grape x Creme de la Chem) x Mango Smile on day 57.

View attachment 1240917View attachment 1240916View attachment 1240918View attachment 1240919View attachment 1240920
Nice. If you don’t mind me asking your lights and lighting schedule for the first six week or so I would.

I’ve been on 12/12 autos for a while now, with low watts, so they are staying pretty small. I need to get away from that and grow some real plants soon. Lol

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
In honor of Dan C. I have turned up the dial on my lights.

I will also have to find another plant to enter, since I think we have time, it may be going already or I will pick it out tomorrow and this plant will make all of Dan C’s plants look like ants.

Not my fault, didn’t know we we gonna have a bunch of try hards. Since we do, add one more to that list and prepare to see theee biggest got damb one gallon plants you never wanted to see.

Last edited:
DanC520

DanC520

Nice. If you don’t mind me asking your lights and lighting schedule for the first six week or so I would.

I’ve been on 12/12 autos for a while now, with low watts, so they are staying pretty small. I need to get away from that and grow some real plants soon. Lol
18/6 all the way through so far. Was under a very dimmed 300w mars hydro for first few weeks, then under 100w spider farmer for 4-5 weeks. Then to 600w HLG scorpion rspec for about a week. Not full blast though.

Previous auto run was under 12/12 after week four or so under 315w cmh. She finished well.

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

ONE GALLON CHALLANGE | THCFARMER 2022

Welcome contestants!

• @Newber
  • @Kaution187
  • @midnightsun72
  • @PK1
  • @SmokeRings900
  • @MartyMcFly42oh
  • @Microstraincollector
  • @PINKP
  • @Observationist
  • @E9noxis
  • @Jungle1
  • @Chip.Douglas

Last year @tobh created a One Pound One Gallon challenge and it was a blast. You can read it here
To keep the spirits up, I've decided to perform the one gallon challenge this year and anyone who would like to join may do so at their convenience.

One gallon challenge rules:
Link this post to your signature as one gallon challenge | 2022
To keep the main forums clean and not have one gallon challenge everywhere, I would appreciate it if we can only report twice a week on this journal.
You can pick which day of the week you like to report.
The challenge is one gallon. However, if it's a bit less or more than a gallon than its okay. As long as it is not over by extra gallons.
The challenge is for the entire summer season 2022 and you may start at anytime.
You may report with pictures, text or just as one video file. Be creative!

1st Post layout
Consider copy/pasting the following information as your 1st post so everyone can have an idea of your grow.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil, Coco, Hydro or Rockwool?
If soil... what is in your mix?
Size of light?
Is it air cooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

View attachment 1221773

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!
Hey I’m new here and this thread inspired me to join :) I do have a question, how do I link the first post in my signature? Thanks :)

What strain is it? Auto Coco Popo (Chocolope)
Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 3 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? Custom 12x12 box with gold Mylar
Soil, Coco, Hydro or Rockwool? Coco with Jiffy pellet
If soil... what is in your mix? Some myco, perlite, Nestor gods one shot granules
Size of light? 32 watt ge grow light
Is it air cooled? Room ceiling fan
Temp of Room/cab? 79
RH of Room/cab? 75%
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? Misting dome daily, light watering if coco is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Nectar of the gods 10 ml, container is 3 inch jiffy peat.

51C3D481 282D 401C 8B60 6AEAB70504A6

TSD

TSD

Don't people usually keep autos on 18/6 or more for the duration? I don't grow autos, but I thought that was the point? They finish in a set amount of time regardless of light schedule.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

😉
Don't people usually keep autos on 18/6 or more for the duration? I don't grow autos, but I thought that was the point? They finish in a set amount of time regardless of light schedule.
Some do 24 depends on DLI you need

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys I'd like to enter got 4 photoperiodics in 3l grownests currently in veg to get clones from (after that is finished I flower them out)

These are 3 from Anesia (CherryKiss, Future#1, Mix (random) and 'Night, Night' (Kali Mist x Green Poison) by KFCseeds
Small propagator 60x80cm

Current lamps:
- 110w 7200k T5s (18/6)
- 4*13w lowpower LED sidelights (18/6)
- 10w NUV 400nm fancy discolight (24/0)
- 31w selfbuild 660+730nm Epistar monochromatic booster (17/8)
- 33w selfbuild 400 440 660 730nm mono-rack (3/21 only)
- 2*25w 'moonlight' reptile incandescant bulbs (6/18 nightlight - veg only)
- 40w halogen incand. (mourning warmup 1h /sleep EoD 1.5h)

(I'm currently building some more LED racks and will add some to get basic tests on these plants, next will be an UVA light for pre-outdoor acclimation)

Medium:
- selfmixed organic soil mostly peat, perlite, hydroton + calcitic/dolomite + BB Premix

Fertilizer:
BioBizz, Canna, Siapton Aminos, RO/tap, epsom; Hesi (in need)

Additives:
Chitosan, extracts from silene viscaria & equisetum arvensis, willow shoots & stinging nettle leaves

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I always rotate the ladies, I have LED on one half of the closet and a full spectrum uv light therapy light on the other, so it's only fair lol.
FYI, nettles grow at an alarming rate in the worst of conditions... You're gonna wake up to that thing being 10 feet tall and demanding breakfast one morning. 🤣 I can see the headlines now "World Record nettle accidentally grown in grow tent."
1B7283CC A928 4BE3 9908 8ED6EF2AAC5A

Top Bottom