ONE GALLON CHALLANGE | THCFARMER GROWERS 2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Day 61 she’s been chugging along putting out hairs. I cut down the amount of fox farm grow big and started in with some tiger bloom to help support the flower growth. She’s drinking about 400 ml’s a day broken up into morning and evening feedings. If I feed her any more it just runs off. Definitely second guessing the use of the blurple light vs a full spectrum light. Might move her under another light in a week or two. Just starting to develop some trichomes for a few days I was scared that she’d be a frostless variety.
IMHO you are over watering them and they are getting ph lock out and or nute burn just looking at those sad leaves. Be gentler and let the soil dry out between waterings. And yes get rid of the blurple crap light! Lol

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, this poor seedling in rockwool has gone through shit load of shit. She aint dead but thirsty. all the plants were fed before i left on my trip. The (rw) rockwool has been dry for few days as i know from my last rw grow that the seedling needed to be watered every five days. I don't think she is dead, and hoping that it would bounce back in couple hours.
The wedding cake in the solo cup is doing good. I dn't mind the stretch as when i transplant it will be buried deeper in the soil.

2022 05 02 194850

Those who have just joined the challenge. Welcome aboard.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

ONE GALLON CHALLANGE | THCFARMER 2022

Welcome contestants!

• @Newber
  • @Kaution187
  • @midnightsun72
  • @PK1
  • @SmokeRings900
  • @MartyMcFly42oh
  • @Microstraincollector
  • @PINKP
  • @Observationist
  • @E9noxis
  • @Jungle1
  • @Chip.Douglas

Last year @tobh created a One Pound One Gallon challenge and it was a blast. You can read it here
To keep the spirits up, I've decided to perform the one gallon challenge this year and anyone who would like to join may do so at their convenience.

One gallon challenge rules:
Link this post to your signature as one gallon challenge | 2022
To keep the main forums clean and not have one gallon challenge everywhere, I would appreciate it if we can only report twice a week on this journal.
You can pick which day of the week you like to report.
The challenge is one gallon. However, if it's a bit less or more than a gallon than its okay. As long as it is not over by extra gallons.
The challenge is for the entire summer season 2022 and you may start at anytime.
You may report with pictures, text or just as one video file. Be creative!

1st Post layout
Consider copy/pasting the following information as your 1st post so everyone can have an idea of your grow.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil, Coco, Hydro or Rockwool?
If soil... what is in your mix?
Size of light?
Is it air cooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

View attachment 1221773

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!
Is there still any room to join in the 1 gallon competition and dose it matter if it auto or photo

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Is there still any room to join in the 1 gallon competition and dose it matter if it auto or photo
yup, you may join. It doesn't matter if its photo or auto, but it has to be either from seed or a fresh slice from a mother plant to grow as clone.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

yup, you may join. It doesn't matter if its photo or auto, but it has to be either from seed or a fresh slice from a mother plant to grow as clone.
Just popped a seed

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

The pot is only .25 of a gallon 5 1/4”plastic pot
What strain is it?
Syrian
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Seedling
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
3x3x6
Soil, Coco, Hydro or Rockwool?
If soil... what is in your mix?
Miracle grow grows twice as big
Size of light?
315w cmh
Is it air cooled?
Intake coming in and house ac usally on
Temp of Room/cab?
Outside tent 76 and indoor 78-80
RH of Room/cab?
Rh is 47%
PH of media or res?
Ph of media is 7.0
Any Pests ?
Nope
How often are you watering?
Misting currently 2-3 times per day
Type and strength of ferts used?
None yet but might be using 3 part flora nutrients by general hydrophonics

1B016220 A33B 4E9B BA67 F84E286253C4
PK1

PK1

Supporter
miracle grow has slow release fertilizer that will give you deficiencies. I would suggest to search the farm to gain information on soil and find a different potting soil.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

miracle grow has slow release fertilizer that will give you deficiencies. I would suggest to search the farm to gain information on soil and find a different potting soil.
Oh I know I’m just using up rest of the soil I got the happy frog foxfarm stuff waiting to be used now next grow

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ok, so i guess i am out of the challenge for now. My Wedding cake in rockwool didn't make it.
Soon i will be fixing the flower room and i have a blueberry cheese mother plant that has lots of branches growing. I'll be taking four clones from it and will start this back up when the room is ready.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Pop another one off, I'm gonna start a few more here next month to stagger these auto harvests, trying to pull 3 outdoor auto harvests this season while I get my indoor set up dialed in properly
What are you doing special for autos outdoors? Are you in a colder climate? I was going to run 4 auto strains in a greenhouse but I think it would be too hot

HighRootz

HighRootz

What are you doing special for autos outdoors? Are you in a colder climate? I was going to run 4 auto strains in a greenhouse but I think it would be too hot
Only thing special I'm doing is playing Augustus Pablo while I sit, feed/water, and smoke a spliff in the garden. I'm in San Diego, more like south San Diego, literally 3 miles from the beach and 2 miles from the border so it doesn't get as hot here as it does more inland. It's actually my 1st run at autos so hopefully it goes good.in the middle of a home remodel so the tent will wait for now

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Took the Near-UV diodes out to get less "suntan"
60221 1

How the monochromatic light changes the leaf-colour vs white light

all clones from the 4 mothers in the background to the tentwall

DanC520

DanC520

You're about a week ahead of me but this looks absolutely dank... Hell of a grow and great strain choice. Been admiring your updates here this morning over my coffee.
Much appreciated. No clue what to expect when popping a newer freebie. She’s been pretty resilient. Bounced around locations, super close to light, and some aggressive defol sessions. Only adverse effect I’ve seen are the fan leaf parts that physical touched the previous light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom