ONE GALLON CHALLANGE | THCFARMER GROWERS 2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Unfortunately, not really built yet, the newborn has been the priority and bills before.

that picture-pump sprayer is where the "manual" part comes into play, when i could spray the tote/roots every 10 mins or so they started to develop nice fuzzy roots, it creates a pretty fine mist, although im not sure how small the droplet size is, the growth was pretty fast.

ive planned on integrating 6- 20-60micronmist nozzles, 3 on each side, and 2 "bar-style" airstones for the bottom/hydro part.
cut holes for the nozzles/water tubes(?) etc.
get an appropriate size water pump or two, pretty much need 2 of everything when running aero setups, if something fails youre plant could be fucked in hours.

the tote is 55qt, 6$ from Walmart, sprayer is 6$, still trying to find the bio-control nozzles.

the first AeroTote#1 was 6 holes,6 plants-3 on each side, this one ((AeroTote#2)) is 5 holes 5 plants.

5th being in the middle, figure 5 would be better because once TAE is achieved, the roots explode, and run out of room for the cotton candy roots.

I’ve actually pruned these roots a little, and burned some playing around with pool shock dosage. Lol

My bad for the late response, got busy topfilling the seedling solos

I’m about out of beans, 10~ left I think, gonna create some more and I think someone here put some in the mail for me, excited as hell for those.

The middle is a unknown vigorous mother clone

The 4 are 2 strains I cultivated from 3 other unknown plants, they actually seemed worthy to keep, so i read up on breeding, pretty simple natural process haha.

2 females - 1 dad
Also, an accumulator tank for consistent constant pressure, and of course a 24hour or whatever timer, that allows for “3minutes off 30 seconds on” type timer.
24/7

Observationist

Observationist

I'm liking that setup, I may stop by Wally World when I get off work and grab a few totes to start designing one myself. I got a some extra Ethos(Regs) Runtz and GMO beans if ya want to experiment and Pheno hunt with some of those, just shoot me a addy to send and it's in the mail
you can’t go wrong with it honestly, in this context. it’s a super easy cheap way to get into an aero type environment, then go from there modding/improving it.

I love the totes they are cheap, if you fuck up the holes, it’s just 6 bucks and you still have a tote for mixing mediums and stuff.

only problem is they are clear, algae can become a problem but there’s solutions, cover the pots, wrap the tote, fungicides, beneficial microbes, pool shock- is essentially “clear-res” etc, and my plants got too big, so growing smaller ones this time.

My first grow journal for this type of growing is on here, has more pictures and stuff lol

i just drew a circle around solo cups and used a knife to cut em out.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

I'm liking that setup, I may stop by Wally World when I get off work and grab a few totes to start designing one myself. I got a some extra Ethos(Regs) Runtz and GMO beans if ya want to experiment and Pheno hunt with some of those, just shoot me a addy to send and it's in the mail
Also

The fact that the cup is in coco, will hold some water, and I did have a plants roots grow to the bottom, so can use the bottom as a res and can be more forgiving once the hydro part/roots are established.

So idk I’m still playing around with it, pretty coo little setup, fast turn around once achieved properly

I love it

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Here is my three new entry

What strain is it? Hybrid - Blueberry Cheese - Barneys farm
Is it Indica, Sativa? 60% 20%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Clone Stage
If in Veg... For how long? Third Day
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? Early to mid Veg Stage 2x2x6, Late veg to flower 3x4x8
Soil, Coco, Hydro or Rockwool? Rockwool (RW)
Size of light? FC-3000 + SF-3000
Is it air cooled? YES & No
Temp of Room/cab? aiming for 82f 70%
RH of Room/cab? aiming for 70%
PH of media or res? 5.5 to 5.8
Any Pests ? Hopefully not, will be using phosphorous to eliminate any potential pests
How often are you watering? Veg Stage every day, one min intervals
Type and strength of ferts used? Mega Crop 2 parts aiming for 1.5ec with this clones
2022 05 09 145659

E9noxis

E9noxis

Here is my three new entry

What strain is it? Hybrid - Blueberry Cheese - Barneys farm
Is it Indica, Sativa? 60% 20%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Clone Stage
If in Veg... For how long? Third Day
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? Early to mid Veg Stage 2x2x6, Late veg to flower 3x4x8
Soil, Coco, Hydro or Rockwool? Rockwool (RW)
Size of light? FC-3000 + SF-3000
Is it air cooled? YES & No
Temp of Room/cab? aiming for 82f 70%
RH of Room/cab? aiming for 70%
PH of media or res? 5.5 to 5.8
Any Pests ? Hopefully not, will be using phosphorous to eliminate any potential pests
How often are you watering? Veg Stage every day, one min intervals
Type and strength of ferts used? Mega Crop 2 parts aiming for 1.5ec with this clones
View attachment 1245266
Welcome back to it. I wish you the best this time.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Only a partially related update.

The red ones are Red Bruce. The other colors are black Domina.

20220516 013522
20220516 013456

The mister is on a 2sec on 3sec off interval.
There's 2 24" t8 lights up top.

I spritz them with water a few times a day. I just started today so that's an overstatement.

20220516 014121

Are these lights suitable?

I'll show you what I sis to the Domina tomorrow. It's lights out right now. I forgot to take pictures.

Red Bruce moves out tomorrow. 😐😐

E9noxis

E9noxis

Also, what's the point of the rooting hormones if the sprayer just washed it off? Does it soak on immediately and anything else is unused?

Observationist

Observationist

View attachment 1245466View attachment 1245467

I spritz them with water a few times a day. I just started today so that's an overstatement.

View attachment 1245468

I'll show you what I sis to the Domina tomorrow. It's lights out right now. I forgot to take pictures.

For clones,seeds, is sure they’re fine.

Observationist

Observationist

View attachment 1245466View attachment 1245467

View attachment 1245468

I need to make an aerocloner…

Observationist

Observationist

PK1

PK1

Supporter
minor changes on the Rockwools, It was brought to my attention that promix and rockwool won't work and i should use coco. Since i didn't have any Coco i decided to put some pebbles. I also gave a round of water to all the plants. The wedding cake in the solo cup got a bit of more soil added to it. That should stable the long stem a bit more until transplant.

2022 05 18 133418

E9noxis

E9noxis

minor changes on the Rockwools, It was brought to my attention that promix and rockwool won't work and i should use coco. Since i didn't have any Coco i decided to put some pebbles. I also gave a round of water to all the plants. The wedding cake in the solo cup got a bit of more soil added to it. That should stable the long stem a bit more until transplant.

View attachment 1246135
Going so much better this time, eh?

Top Bottom