One Pound One Gallon Challenge

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
Did anyone clarify what the cycle time is? 4 week veg 8-9 week flower depending finishing times? 1 week dry, 1 week cure?

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Did anyone clarify what the cycle time is? 4 week veg 8-9 week flower depending finishing times? 1 week dry, 1 week cure?
Cycle times are whatever it takes for you to get a plant to the size you think will produce the final dried, cured weight of one US pound (448 grams). There's no hard stop date for this, it's a completely open ended adventure with the specified constraints 😁

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sounds like an interesting challenge can anyone join in on the fun ive done lots of solo cups I guess this is the next step ... LB in one gallon ..... mmmmmmm Od .
Doooo it 😈😈😈 <----lil devil on the shoulder lol.
I reiterate OD, Dooooo eeeettttt. Wanna see the old timer put us all to shame haha
1gal, 1 pound? Would be extremely difficult.
root pruning and repot into 1 gal would be required.

Mr.G
Shhhhh here yall go, givin out the secret sauce for winning this comp again. SMDH. I leave for a day, and someone leaks Top Secret Trade Secrets.

JK.

Do whatever is necessary. If someone doesn't get a micro RDWC setup running on this before I finish up my current run and have space for it, or if I get a wild hair in my ass and convert the veg closet yet again, root pruning will be mandatory for sure. Hell, this is one challenge that I welcome the use of PGRs. If you can bulk a bitch up like Hulk Hogan of Cannabis, do it to it. No holds barred

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Cycle times are whatever it takes for you to get a plant to the size you think will produce the final dried, cured weight of one US pound (448 grams). There's no hard stop date for this, it's a completely open ended adventure with the specified constraints 😁
SCHWEEEET! Good luck everyone! Let’s make it fun! Winner with highest yield gets a pack of seeds on Sequoyah!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
SCHWEEEET! Good luck everyone! Let’s make it fun! Winner with highest yield gets a pack of seeds on Sequoyah!
It'll be a bit difficult to identify that given the open ended requirements -- ie. I want to see this thread evolve over time. Refine techniques, influence commercial cropping in economically and ecologically responsible ways, etc. That's my thought behind it at least.

However, if as a community, we can settle on a final target date, like say... Jan 1, 2022... then that keeps it open to further attendance, though I have a really hard time seeing anyone that vegetates for less than at minimum three months hitting the target weight, at least with most indica dom hybrids being ran indoors now.

On that note, this is NOT exclusive to indoor. If you can run outdoor, you'd likely have a real advantage. Especially with say a 16 week sativa that loves to drop dicks in the dirt. Just sayin.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Winner receives
3x Brandywine (Pink Champagne x Grandpa’s Breath) by Dungeons Vault Genetics
2xCherry Cream Pie (Cherry Pie x Cookies n’ Cream) by Exotic Genetics
1xPurple Punch (GDP x Larry OG) Jungle Boys Cut
*All seeds are regular-acquired through my Job !
sound good?? Who’s in!

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Winner receives
3x Brandywine (Pink Champagne x Grandpa’s Breath) by Dungeons Vault Genetics
2xCherry Cream Pie (Cherry Pie x Cookies n’ Cream) by Exotic Genetics
1xPurple Punch (Jungle Boys Cut)
*All seeds are regular-acquired through my Job !
sound good?? Who’s in!
It'll be a bit difficult to identify that given the open ended requirements -- ie. I want to see this thread evolve over time. Refine techniques, influence commercial cropping in economically and ecologically responsible ways, etc. That's my thought behind it at least.

However, if as a community, we can settle on a final target date, like say... Jan 1, 2022... then that keeps it open to further attendance, though I have a really hard time seeing anyone that vegetates for less than at minimum three months hitting the target weight, at least with most indica dom hybrids being ran indoors now.

On that note, this is NOT exclusive to indoor. If you can run outdoor, you'd likely have a real advantage. Especially with say a 16 week sativa that loves to drop dicks in the dirt. Just sayin.
We can do it all! Hahaha! To start we should do a competition for the first growers who say they’re in and then highest yield closest to or higher than 448g is the winner?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
We can do it all! Hahaha! To start we should do a competition for the first growers who say they’re in and then highest yield closest to or higher than 448g is the winner?
I'll accept that. And, I'll raise you one 10 pack from my personal vault, which is always growing, with current efforts around "legacy" genetics, and straight fire from some of the best breeders who call this place home as well. Will give winner choice at the time they claim their crown.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Or you could start your own competition and thread with your specifics and the OP here does theirs.
For sure lol, sorry to disturb you on someone’s thread about giving people an incentive to grow better weed and make it fun between everyone.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
I'll accept that. And, I'll raise you one 10 pack from my personal vault, which is always growing, with current efforts around "legacy" genetics, and straight fire from some of the best breeders who call this place home as well. Will give winner choice at the time they claim their crown.
See they’re about it! Makes it fun and it’s to start the thread and gain more traction to get more people involved long term!

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I'm good with the first taking all. Kinda like the ol redneck challenge -- he who dies with the most toys, wins. I don't foresee this being an easily achievable goal 🤣
Has to be photo grown cause I could always dig up a blueberry hulk donkey Dick and stuff it in a 1 gal.

Mr.G

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
yeah, this isn't gonna be done with one of those light yielding, high potency, photogenic strain-of-the-week types. the genetics are gonna have to be known heavy yielders.
That’s why I chose monkey bait! Gg4xApple juice from cannarado genetics 🤤😈

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok I’m in I have a pot 3.7 lt = just short of a full US gallon pot but all good 😌 no what’s the rules please on this challenge? Sorry I commented in the solo cup challenge asking the same question please forgive this old fool . @tobh help your old OD out .

Moshmen

Moshmen

I reiterate OD, Dooooo eeeettttt. Wanna see the old timer put us all to shame haha

Shhhhh here yall go, givin out the secret sauce for winning this comp again. SMDH. I leave for a day, and someone leaks Top Secret Trade Secrets.

JK.

Do whatever is necessary. If someone doesn't get a micro RDWC setup running on this before I finish up my current run and have space for it, or if I get a wild hair in my ass and convert the veg closet yet again, root pruning will be mandatory for sure. Hell, this is one challenge that I welcome the use of PGRs. If you can bulk a bitch up like Hulk Hogan of Cannabis, do it to it. No holds barred
What the hell is root pruning and why would I want to do it ?

Top Bottom