• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Greetings All,

I've started this thread to talk about Outdoor Growing in Ontario, Canada. To start things off with,

What strains are working for people in our growing zone here in Ontario? What strains will finish off suitably, outside, from Mid Sept to early Oct? What strains are the largest producers for a commercial crop?

Some strains we've tried but are less than enthusiastic about:

Purple Kush, Deadhead Kush, Blackwater Kush, Boss Hogg Kush, Kandy Kush, and a few other Kush, Skunk, Skunk #1, Northern lights, Blueberry, White Rhino,Emerald Wonder, Kish.

This year, we tried BC Pinewarp, Nigerian Nightmare and Boss Hog Kush. None finished off proper.

We still haven't found the AH..., Oh..., YA Baby...factor. There has to be a couple real gems out there for Ontario, feel free to pipe in. We are looking for Ontario's Finest, Outdoor Commercial Crop!

Cheers from Ontario!
white widow finishes for me,
resilient plant too, every outdoor grower here got powdery mildew, even my other plants, not white widow.

Rooke

Rooke

New to the forum, trying Critical 2.0 for it's earlier flowering. Plan is to grow outdoors using LST then when ready move to a grow tent and flower as well as control odours..don't want to attract the town kids. Believe me you notice it since legal when out for a fall walk.
Welcome to the farm! I just finished a quick read on the strain sounds like a winner. I grew critical 2 seasons ago and wished I had a longer season the buds were light and airy but covered in trichs and was very strong smoke. I wish wished I had 2 more weeks maybe 3 it cured very well and tastes great I pulled some out today
Welcome to the farm! I just finished a quick read on the strain sounds like a winner. I grew critical 2 seasons ago and wished I had a longer season the buds were light and airy but covered in trichs and was very strong smoke. I wish wished I had 2 more weeks maybe 3 it cured very well and tastes great I pulled some out todayView attachment 963844
critical
as soon as weather allows it, they are already started indoors
hey there either the last week of May maybe 1st week of June I like to put them out on overcast rainy couple of days so they don’t get stressed. I’m just cracking seeds starting tomorrow

atskippy3

atskippy3

Strains For 2020
Gelat.OG - Indica Dominant Hybrid
Quick Critical + - Indica Dominant Hybrid
Durban Poison - Sativa
Northern Light x Big Bud Early Harvest - Indica
Tangerine Dream - Sativa
Star Auto CBD - Indica
Seedsman NL ( Northern Lights) Auto - Indica
Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto - Indica Dominant Hybrid

Gelat OG was my big winner last year! I pulled between 9 and 10oz dry from each of them. I could have gone a week or two longer, but everyone who tried it raved about it!!

This picture is my buddy holding the top cola from one of them. It came back at around 45 grams dry. I gave it too him for helping me trim!
PSX 20191013 232611

This is the harvest from two of them wet.
PSX 20191013 232529

Final harvest from the two Gelat OG before I put them in my drying rack. Minus the big top Cola that I gave my friend for helping me trim.
PSX 20191013 182557

Last edited:
atskippy3

atskippy3

PSX 20200220 171509

Seeds ready for my 4/20 germination tomorrow! Took them out of the fridge yesterday to acclimatize. I use Jiffy Pucks exclusively and I've had between 95 and 100% germination over the years.

I'm using a new set of T5 lights this year.
PSX 20200213 193705

I did a test run of my new T5 lights over the last 3 weeks with some "mystery" seeds, and they are looking great! Too bad I have to compost them! Not sure if they are male or female!!😥😥 (1 gallon fabric pots before I would normally transfer them to their final pots outdoors).
PSX 20200418 123856

I mixed a Super Soil that has been "cooking" for the last 3 weeks. It will be ready for when I transplant the seedlings into their final pots outdoors around May 24th or earlier, if the weather is good. Growing some nice beneficial fungi!!
PSX 20200409 172246

Last edited:
Rooke

Rooke

View attachment 963866
Seeds ready for my 4/20 germination tomorrow! Took them out of the fridge yesterday to acclimatize. I use Jiffy Pucks exclusively and I've had between 95 and 100% germination over the years.

View attachment 963867

I did a test run of my new T5 lights over the last 3 weeks with some "mystery" seeds, and they are looking great! Too bad I have to compost them! Not sure if they are male or female!!😥😥 (1 gallon fabric pots before I would normally transfer them to their final pots outdoors).View attachment 963868

I use a Super Soil that has been "cooking" for the last 3 weeks. It will be ready for when I transplant the seedlings into their final pots outdoors around May 24th or earlier, if the weather is good. Growing some nice beneficial fungi!!
View attachment 963870
Holy all star lineup! You’re going to be busy. I use 2 36” and a 24” for about 10 plants and take them to about a month old then outside they go on a couple of rainy days and it off to the races

atskippy3

atskippy3

Holy all star lineup! You’re going to be busy. I use 2 36” and a 24” for about 10 plants and take them to about a month old then outside they go on a couple of rainy days and it off to the races

Thanks brother! . . . I don't think I will be able too sleep tonight! Everything is ready for tomorrow and I can hardly wait to get started this year! . . . good luck too you brother, and keep safe!! 👊👊
PSX 20191020 084940

(BTW: That's not my plants! 😂)

atskippy3

atskippy3

View attachment 963866

View attachment 963867

I did a test run of my new T5 lights over the last 3 weeks with some "mystery" seeds, and they are looking great! Too bad I have to compost them! Not sure if they are male or female!!😥😥 (1 gallon fabric pots before I would normally transfer them to their final pots outdoors).View attachment 963868

I mixed a Super Soil that has been "cooking" for the last 3 weeks. It will be ready for when I transplant the seedlings into their final pots outdoors around May 24th or earlier, if the weather is good. Growing some nice beneficial fungi!!
View attachment 963870

Tray ready for tomorrow!😊😊
PSX 20200419 202500

Rooke

Rooke

Tray ready for tomorrow!😊😊View attachment 963873
Looking good! Stay in touch friends
Tray ready for tomorrow!😊😊View attachment 963873
So this years outdoor I’m running LVTK and LVTK OG and Gorilla Wreck 4 fems from Cannaventure. Cowboy Kush from Greenpoint. And Nuken from BC. seed king that’s the plan had really good results from Nuken last year but it was bug prone tuff one to grow but I stayed on it and it paid off great smoke

Rooke

Rooke

View attachment 965117
Since this photo was taken I've had 100% germination!! Expected around 80%, so they've exceeded my expectations!!😍😍😍😊😊
yoh skip that’s awesome man! I tried something different this time I let my seeds soak for about 24 hrs in distilled water till they sank to the bottom of the cup then I put them in paper towel in the heated tray till they were showing 1/2 in OG tail then into my soil tray under the t5’s I haven’t checked them yet but I’m sure some are up this morning the other seeds will probably be ready to go in the dirt today. I’ve never used the peat pucks I’m old school but you may convince me to give them a try good job buddy!

atskippy3

atskippy3

yoh skip that’s awesome man! I tried something different this time I let my seeds soak for about 24 hrs in distilled water till they sank to the bottom of the cup then I put them in paper towel in the heated tray till they were showing 1/2 in OG tail then into my soil tray under the t5’s I haven’t checked them yet but I’m sure some are up this morning the other seeds will probably be ready to go in the dirt today. I’ve never used the peat pucks I’m old school but you may convince me to give them a try good job buddy!
Thanks brother and good luck with your grow!! Try a couple of the Jiffy Pucks next time and see if you like them!! . . . ✌

atskippy3

atskippy3

Everything is going well so far. I transfered the Jiffy Pucks into pots the other day. This will be their new home until I'm ready to transplant them into their final fabric pots, and move them outdoors.
PSX 20200430 135719

PSX 20200428 113546

PSX 20200428 113521

PSX 20200428 113459

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Going to give some of them a weak feed today
generally seedlings don’t need any food until the two round
cotyledons are dying off, meaning the seedling has come see ip the nutrients that came within the seed.
usually 3-4 nodes they’ll die off.. very little water also is needed.

Rooke

Rooke

generally seedlings don’t need any food until the two round
cotyledons are dying off, meaning the seedling has come see ip the nutrients that came within the seed.
usually 3-4 nodes they’ll die off.. very little water also is needed.
Hey thanks for the info.i won’t give them much at all .16 cc in 500 ml.Then just water and repeat I’m currently giving them 2 tbsp every other day ish depending on my weight. GH nutes are pretty safe to use on seedlings or so I’ve found in the past. Let’s wait and see if they respond well to it they were thirsty

juggernaut

juggernaut

I'm going to try outdoors for the first time. I'm going to try Pineapple Express 2. Has a45-50 day flowering time.
I'm going to try Secret Formula and Chemdog 4 x GSC. I hope they make it in time. I'm a little worried about the streetlights and the neighbours backyard light during flowering. I might ask the neighbour to remove his lights during sept/oct. A sling shot for the street lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom