Ontario, Canada, Outdoor Growers Thread

• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinfever

kevinfever

New to the forum, trying Critical 2.0 for it's earlier flowering. Plan is to grow outdoors using LST then when ready move to a grow tent and flower as well as control odours..don't want to attract the town kids. Believe me you notice it since legal when out for a fall walk.
best of luck ,ya seems legalization has just brought out more thieves everyone is looking to see whos growing. And lots of people putting them on display which is nice to see as i cruz around but puts a target on your back. I grow in 5 gallon buckets so i can bring them in at night . kinda funny to probably everyone who is showing their plants off didn't buy government regulated seeds legalization is a joke.

Rooke

Rooke

best of luck ,ya seems legalization has just brought out more thieves everyone is looking to see whos growing. And lots of people putting them on display which is nice to see as i cruz around but puts a target on your back. I grow in 5 gallon buckets so i can bring them in at night . kinda funny to probably everyone who is showing their plants off didn't buy government regulated seeds legalization is a joke.
dido on the seeds buddy unfortunately I’ll have to spend $ 200.00 on seeds just to get a freakin receipt. I can grow 10 plants

juggernaut

juggernaut

I'm looking for Red Wiggler worms somewhere in SW Ontario. Around 1000.

K

KennyKen

Hey All, brand new to the forum and to the hobby but I found this thread related to Ontario and figured it would be great to chat with folks in the same area. I'm based in GTA and am on my first 'real' grow. My VERY big problem at the moment is that two of my four plants have started to flower and the supplier of the clones swears up and down they aren't autoflowers. They are getting lots of light - first light until at least 6 or 7pm, I am all over them with watering, feeding, etc. so I just don't know what is happening. I'm going to kick back and watch them do their thing - no way I have enough know how to fix it - but would love to hear any ideas related to why this is happening.

I have one Trainwreck and one Do-Si-Dos that are doing good, the two that are flowering are both Blueberry.

Nice to meet everyone and I'm super excited to finally (and legally - crazy!) grow my own.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmmm? they are in sunlight from sunrise to 6/7:00 o’clock?
i than basically dusk to dark?
shouldn’t be flowering. unless there’s info missing?

K

KennyKen

Hey GNick55!
One thing I've learned from looking at the forums is I need to get a serious handle on writing shit down and tracking daylight, etc. For the time being I'm freeballing it.

I have them in direct sun from around sunup and then have to move them so they get hit by afternoon/evening and aside from a few times where I forgot or went away for a day that's their schedule.

Definitely happy to answer questions or take any pointers you have.

K

KennyKen

Sorry, meant to add that while the plants are only about 2.5 feet tall they are pretty bushy and they look great. It's just so weird that they are already budding. I just realized I didn't put pictures but will upload some.

Belgos

Belgos

Stick to the indicas. Gotta flower as quick as possible. The Hindu and Afghani Kush lineages like northern lights and skunk are usually quick finishers. I’m trying cheese and purple punch this year.

you may want to try your luck with autoflowers if you want to expand your range of strains into more sativa leaning strains.

B

kevinfever

kevinfever

Sorry, meant to add that while the plants are only about 2.5 feet tall they are pretty bushy and they look great. It's just so weird that they are already budding. I just realized I didn't put pictures but will upload some.
What size containers you got them in some times my clones will start budding if i dont transplant them the get root bound and stressed out i think thats my reason not 100 percent thats just what i figure, im from southern ontario right off the lake

Rooke

Rooke

What size containers you got them in some times my clones will start budding if i dont transplant them the get root bound and stressed out i think thats my reason not 100 percent thats just what i figure, im from southern ontario right off the lake
Hey there farmer, I just finished up potting into these pots that I’ll finish them in smaller ones are 30 ish gallons and the taller ones are 35 ish maybe a bit more. You should be able to go for 50 gal where you’re at?

27461F9A BD14 4D8A 8660 DDCD6F64494F
3A635227 1288 48F8 9E20 4449D307C130
845187CF D841 4910 83E1 343D96CCA61D
kevinfever

kevinfever

Hey there farmer, I just finished up potting into these pots that I’ll finish them in smaller ones are 30 ish gallons and the taller ones are 35 ish maybe a bit more. You should be able to go for 50 gal where you’re at?
nice garden brother , i had a very late start this year ill only be going to 5 gallon ill be transplanting tomorrow from 1 gallon . they look thirsty and hungry , but some years when i made to many clones and have a few left over , i dont transplant them and keep feeding them in the cups and they just start to bud after a few week of being root bound like kennyken was saying

Rooke

Rooke

nice garden brother , i had a very late start this year ill only be going to 5 gallon ill be transplanting tomorrow from 1 gallon . they look thirsty and hungry , but some years when i made to many clones and have a few left over , i dont transplant them and keep feeding them in the cups and they just start to bud after a few week of being root bound like kennyken was saying
Hey thanks buddy they were in 23 litre pots in the first pic they were due for an upgrade!

kevinfever

kevinfever

Hey thanks buddy they were in 23 litre pots in the first pic they were due for an upgrade!
i need a nice spot like that i also bring mine in at night so they dont get ripped off. i bought a 10x20 green house for next year i need to get a fence first lol

Rooke

Rooke

i need a nice spot like that i also bring mine in at night so they dont get ripped off. i bought a 10x20 green house for next year i need to get a fence first lol
I don’t put handles on them they are pretty heavy no moving them now.

Top Bottom