Ontario, Canada, Outdoor Growers Thread

• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

Look up texada timewarp. I ran a few seed formed versions of that strain and that strain can practically no matter what pheno you get in apack could take hardest ran , early harvest, practically snow for few days and most def mold resistant ( next generation was the breeder )

I ran that (timewarp ) for outdoors and that was a unbeatable strain when so many strains in my northern regional map cannot succeed to the end unfortunately .

Texada Timewarp is of Vancouver Islands most plentiful and common outdoor strains, and with good reason. Its big lemony buds are a legend out here and have been considered the taste of British Columbia’s Gulf Islands for around 30 years now. The Original Texada Timewarp is a clone only and has been kept going for many decades. Many BC breeders have made crosses of it to add to there collection. The serious outdoor farmers in BC keep coming back to this old favorite for it hardy growth, big yields, and great high. Very consistent early strain that can take a little bad weather if it has to.

The Timewarp is a sweet tasting strain with a more enjoyable high than many other outdoor strains. The buds ripen up in the last week of September here in Southern BC and in the warmer parts of Quebec, and southern Ontario. The plants are about 5-8 feet tall and can get quite wide if topped. Good strain for long term storage as it will keep its smell for a long time when stored properly. A lot of growers in BC look for strains that keep the quality when in storage. In fall time prices can get so low here, that many growers wait awhile to sell their crop.

Timewarp F5.

Next Generation Seed Company is one of the companies that have had a lot of experience with this strain. For 5 years they have been selectively backcrossing into the original Timewarp to produce a stabilized version. The male used now is a 5 time backcross and the offspring from these are very close to the original clone. About 90% of the seedlings have that same strong smell and large buds. Most plants will also turn purple in the last few weeks. Big yields can be expected from this one.

Average yield for novice growers is between 2 ounces to 6 ounces per plant on an average year. This is also about what to expect per plant from a remote guerrilla patch that doesn’t get a lot of care and attention. Experienced growers can get between 5 ounces to 10 ounces, and on a good year can reach a pound per plant with proper care and expert attention. These weights are for growers around the 49th parallel(around the Canadian/US border). And of course the farther south you grow the bigger and better the yields you can expect.

DTG

DTG

Hi mrsmarybrown,

I too am an outdoor grower in Southern Ontario.

Last year I tried some unknown strains, one of which turned out to be a big sativa that did not finish at all,
very poor weed. 2 were some sort of purple variety, very nice smoke, piss poor yield, 3 oz dry from 2 plants that never reached more than a foot & a half. I kept 3 clones to try again this year to see if I can make it better. On another hand, for my 4 legals, I have decided to try some auto flowers from Crop King Seeds. I have obtained Early Miss, Sour Girl & I received 4 free seeds with my purchase which are White Widow.

I am hoping, with some creative planting, that I can get 2 or 3 crops over the summer. I just hoping that these strains produce some frosty buds so I can make my oil. I will definitely come back to this thread in the fall & let you know how I made out.

DTG.

D

DjGrayBeard

Hey Guys jumping on this one for a quick q i'm in Chatham area when all you guys putting your babies out?

Rooke

Rooke

Look up texada timewarp. I ran a few seed formed versions of that strain and that strain can practically no matter what pheno you get in apack could take hardest ran , early harvest, practically snow for few days and most def mold resistant ( next generation was the breeder )

I ran that (timewarp ) for outdoors and that was a unbeatable strain when so many strains in my northern regional map cannot succeed to the end unfortunately .

Texada Timewarp is of Vancouver Islands most plentiful and common outdoor strains, and with good reason. Its big lemony buds are a legend out here and have been considered the taste of British Columbia’s Gulf Islands for around 30 years now. The Original Texada Timewarp is a clone only and has been kept going for many decades. Many BC breeders have made crosses of it to add to there collection. The serious outdoor farmers in BC keep coming back to this old favorite for it hardy growth, big yields, and great high. Very consistent early strain that can take a little bad weather if it has to.

The Timewarp is a sweet tasting strain with a more enjoyable high than many other outdoor strains. The buds ripen up in the last week of September here in Southern BC and in the warmer parts of Quebec, and southern Ontario. The plants are about 5-8 feet tall and can get quite wide if topped. Good strain for long term storage as it will keep its smell for a long time when stored properly. A lot of growers in BC look for strains that keep the quality when in storage. In fall time prices can get so low here, that many growers wait awhile to sell their crop.

Timewarp F5.

Next Generation Seed Company is one of the companies that have had a lot of experience with this strain. For 5 years they have been selectively backcrossing into the original Timewarp to produce a stabilized version. The male used now is a 5 time backcross and the offspring from these are very close to the original clone. About 90% of the seedlings have that same strong smell and large buds. Most plants will also turn purple in the last few weeks. Big yields can be expected from this one.

Average yield for novice growers is between 2 ounces to 6 ounces per plant on an average year. This is also about what to expect per plant from a remote guerrilla patch that doesn’t get a lot of care and attention. Experienced growers can get between 5 ounces to 10 ounces, and on a good year can reach a pound per plant with proper care and expert attention. These weights are for growers around the 49th parallel(around the Canadian/US border). And of course the farther south you grow the bigger and better the yields you can expect.

Rooke

Rooke

High all! Just wondering if anyone has grown Bubba Kush? I’m in south eastern Ontario and if so was it mold resistant and did it finish well? Thanks for all the great info on strains that do well so far!!!!

simcoesod

simcoesod

newmarket here,ive grown the tt clone and it was really good,nice daytime high,lime green nugs,,nice smell and taste..the patchworks version was awesome!very lemony

im testing jagersnitzel x dosidos,jager x purple punch,jager x forum cookies,ecsd x gg#2,lemon og,fire99(ive grown this a couple seasons....its an awesome outy strain)and og kush x auto fire99
also got 40 Chemdog 91 skva bx4s and 55 og chems

20190524 132509
20190524 132529
20190521 145013
20190524 131233
Rooke

Rooke

Hey there that’s a lot of plants a fine start to the season. I had 3 critical kush and 1 Bubba Kush last year and managed to get about 5 lbs of bud off of them. This year I’ll be transplanting them into 30 gal pots I had them in 13 gal pots last year I’m hoping they will do better than last year. I used microhizae each time I transplanted so far this year I hope it helps I’ll be transplanting in about a week into the final pots then tying them down and caging them. Just wondering what’s an average per plant of dry bud for you? These are 7 weeks old in 6 gal pots average height is approximately 4ft.

77590D88 3529 41C3 8CF5 65D2A810291A
5E853025 9B6C 464A 9BD0 656CF67070F0
D478A46F 6F17 4ABD BB90 B011C953001A
FA05B08D 6309 4669 8834 970C21E8F4B9
Jaymurr

Jaymurr

I have grown Critical mass and chem dawg before and had great yields and Good quality. This year I have blue gelato 41 and money maker and both are doing great and will finish on time. BG41 and money maker share some traits of hollands hope. Good for our region and mold resistance.

Rooke

Rooke

I have grown Critical mass and chem dawg before and had great yields and Good quality. This year I have blue gelato 41 and money maker and both are doing great and will finish on time. BG41 and money maker share some traits of hollands hope. Good for our region and mold resistance.
Hey there, thanks for sharing your info. Are your gals still growing or have you harvested them ? Hey can you send me some pics please. I grew a nuken outside in a 35 gal pail it was a bit of a pain to grow all insects seemed to love it hemp borer then leaf hoppers. I stayed on top of them as best as I could without nuking it. I’m very impressed with the dense nugs and quality of the smoke. I would definitely recommend it. I chopped all the best bud off of it a week ago cuz I saw a bit of mold starting and didn’t want to lose anything she was ready. I left the smaller bud on to ripen up a bit more check it out

5FEE1A11 66DE 4960 8A09 BD3C3C3B5D23
E838ECD2 6709 4167 ADE5 82836D7CE5B5
H

hawkman

Go to Seedfinders.eu - will list the growing zones for you + excellent additional information o strains (best site in the worlds for this)

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool, I will catch this chance to know strains, thank you

Reactions: Ina
SimpleGrants

SimpleGrants

seedfinder, not seedfinders. the user interface leaves much to be desired tho.

Jaybrown29

Jaybrown29

newmarket here,ive grown the tt clone and it was really good,nice daytime high,lime green nugs,,nice smell and taste..the patchworks version was awesome!very lemony

im testing jagersnitzel x dosidos,jager x purple punch,jager x forum cookies,ecsd x gg#2,lemon og,fire99(ive grown this a couple seasons....its an awesome outy strain)and og kush x auto fire99
also got 40 Chemdog 91 skva bx4s and 55 og chems

ONT_FMR

ONT_FMR

New to the forum, trying Critical 2.0 for it's earlier flowering. Plan is to grow outdoors using LST then when ready move to a grow tent and flower as well as control odours..don't want to attract the town kids. Believe me you notice it since legal when out for a fall walk.

Rooke

Rooke

New to the forum, trying Critical 2.0 for it's earlier flowering. Plan is to grow outdoors using LST then when ready move to a grow tent and flower as well as control odours..don't want to attract the town kids. Believe me you notice it since legal when out for a fall walk.
Welcome to the farm! I just finished a quick read on the strain sounds like a winner. I grew critical 2 seasons ago and wished I had a longer season the buds were light and airy but covered in trichs and was very strong smoke. I wish wished I had 2 more weeks maybe 3 it cured very well and tastes great I pulled some out today

Top Bottom