Ontario, Canada, Outdoor Growers Thread

• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinfever

kevinfever

Has anyone have experience with safer defender fungicide? I’m 4-5 weeks away from harvest and used it today. Was difficult to not spray the bud. 1-2 hours later, it still smells? Any one out there used it or have any help they can share?
i never used it but i got their worm killer , im afraid to use anything on my buds 2weeks from harvest i have been using baking soda and water which doesn't make me so afraid of cancer forming chemicals , sorry i cant help

Chinook3

Chinook3

For PM you need a fungicide and one of the safest is green cure. It's organic and I think has been used in foods. I spray it beginning in flower through harvest. I mix in the sprayer with it BT for catapillars between the two they are a pretty effective spray program. Prior to flower I use neem a s a general pesticide. Works great for prevention but if you do get an outbreak you might need to step it up.

Chinook3

kevinfever

kevinfever

For PM you need a fungicide and one of the safest is green cure. It's organic and I think has been used in foods. I spray it beginning in flower through harvest. I mix in the sprayer with it BT for catapillars between the two they are a pretty effective spray program. Prior to flower I use neem a s a general pesticide. Works great for prevention but if you do get an outbreak you might need to step it up.

Chinook3
you buy that in canada

TheKushie

TheKushie

Heres a clone i took from my blueberry and just threw strait outside after being cut 3 weeks into budding. It's my micro plant

i never used it but i got their worm killer , im afraid to use anything on my buds 2weeks from harvest i have been using baking soda and water which doesn't make me so afraid of cancer forming chemicals , sorry i cant help
I've read that it's safe to use right up till harvest. If youre worried about the chemicals just rinse off your flower before you harvest with diluted peroxide water. There a video on YouTube on how to rinse

Binder.Dundat

Binder.Dundat

my two late plant clones July 14
IMG 0218
IMG 0220

Aug 4

IMG 0222
IMG 0223

Sept 1

IMG 0225
IMG 0224

Today

IMG 0226
IMG 0227

Blakeja

Blakeja

Hey there. First time grower and in the backyard. I have so many questions but Im trying to just let the plant do it’s thing. It’s been great seeing how fast they grow and finding something me and my mom can bond over haha.

All three of my plants have started to flower but I was concerned about the bushyness of one of my plants and the possibility of lack of air flow. Maybe I’m overthinking everything. Should I prune the bottom 1/3 of the plant? Is it too late because it’s flowering? Or should I just let nature do it’s thing?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I prune day one flower lower portion of every branch.
Again on day 21 all leaves. Seems extreme but the bus production is out of this world..
Good luck.

SimpleGrants

SimpleGrants

I been fighting with Pm all summer.
yeah PM got all my outdoor plants i managed to harvest the bruce banner before it settled in. Next year I'm thinking pop-up greenhouse for the outdoor. it will keep away rogue pollen as well (my other issue with outdoor around here).
PM hit right around the start of week 5 flower.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That sucks. I harvested then rinsed in light h202 wash. It's all in jars now got half P off one plant.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Whens outdoor chop date?

I'm chopping 75% Sunday and I'm trying to cover the rest to survive another week with the rain coming this week. Hope its decent and mold free.

TheKushie

TheKushie

yeah PM got all my outdoor plants i managed to harvest the bruce banner before it settled in. Next year I'm thinking pop-up greenhouse for the outdoor. it will keep away rogue pollen as well (my other issue with outdoor around here).
PM hit right around the start of week 5 flower.
Light deprevation your greenhouse for next year and then flip them 3-4 weeks early from when you had to harvest this year. Your plants will thank you haha

SimpleGrants

SimpleGrants

That sucks. I harvested then rinsed in light h202 wash. It's all in jars now got half P off one plant.
Yeah I did the same with mine haven't weighed it all yet still drying/curing atm. I'm also researching PM resistant strains for next year but there's not a lot of science just "I never got PM" or "I did" "this strain is PM resistant" sure bud but who knows if that's down to the plant's genes or the environment or a combination of both ya know? I bet you could make a killing with a fire-and-forget PM resistant early finisher for southern ontario farmers/growers/hobbyists...

I just... I just can't be chasing PM all friggin summer/fall every year. It's stressful and shit. especially once you've grown them so big and put all that effort in, just to have to cut early and knowing what could have been if you had been able to hold it off a few weeks longer..

TheKushie

TheKushie

Yeah I did the same with mine haven't weighed it all yet still drying/curing atm. I'm also researching PM resistant strains for next year but there's not a lot of science just "I never got PM" or "I did" "this strain is PM resistant" sure bud but who knows if that's down to the plant's genes or the environment or a combination of both ya know? I bet you could make a killing with a fire-and-forget PM resistant early finisher for southern ontario farmers/growers/hobbyists...

I just... I just can't be chasing PM all friggin summer/fall every year. It's stressful and shit. especially once you've grown them so big and put all that effort in, just to have to cut early and knowing what could have been if you had been able to hold it off a few weeks longer..

Don't know if these are genetics you're looking for but they do fit the bill of what youre asking lol I'm looking similar strains that are resistant to mold n pest and also trying to climateize some clones see if it works.

Binder.Dundat

Binder.Dundat

I am thinking I will be harvesting soon, like in about 5 days, or do you guys think that is too early? The plant in the last picture (I have two) seems a bit further ahead in my opinion.
20200930 095801
20200930 095804
20200930 095813

N.OntarioMedGrower

N.OntarioMedGrower

I am thinking I will be harvesting soon, like in about 5 days, or do you guys think that is too early? The plant in the last picture (I have two) seems a bit further ahead in my opinion.View attachment 1037783View attachment 1037784View attachment 1037785
Patience rewards those that wait.
most of mine in similar development and it hard to hold off with a week of cold ontario weather ahead. watch for mould, and be patient.
First Nation Summer right ahead (pol correct way of Indian Summer?)

Rooke

Rooke

Patience rewards those that wait.
most of mine in similar development and it hard to hold off with a week of cold ontario weather ahead. watch for mould, and be patient.
First Nation Summer right ahead (pol correct way of Indian Summer?)
58 days into flowering and trichs are in da house! Finally 60 day strain lots of cloudy a few amber very few clear left. 1st plant of 2020 outdoor!!!!!

27F9380E DB00 4BD3 A183 28103352F64F
2971BF80 145B 4F7D 8841 0571DEAD44E8
F0929A93 B17F 4D4B 93F7 602F0FEE9593
Burgerdude

Burgerdude

Help! My plants r turning purple will they still develop bigger buds? Must be the cold weather it got as low at 2degrees celcius!!
20201004 120336
20201006 153850
20201006 153858
20201004 120308

kevinfever

kevinfever

im in the southern area right off lake Erie , last i checked the weather was going to be half descent for the next week . i still got one out hoping it will fill out a little more , the purple leaves are fine depending on strain the colder temps will do this my god plant did this early September
20200919 094645

Top Bottom