Opening my Gardening Store.

• Thread starter MT Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MT Farmer

My wife and I are getting ready to open the doors of our new hydro shop early next month. It will be the first in town and I want to make it right.

I don't suppose you fellas would be kind enough to hit me with some most wanted lists. Nutrients that are must haves or if you like specific things from say Botanicare but think there is a better cal mag maybe clue me in. Which equipment is a waste or your favorite.

Basically if you boys and girls wanted to help me stock my shelves with things that will fly I would be forever indebted. Not trying to make you do my research just some professional opinions.

I want to give folks the best products I can to get them growing and help my town be sustainable.

I'm going to have a nice under current system set up for display to show the folks in my neck of the woods how hydro is supposed to work. Hopefully that will catch on. They are a great company to work with as well.

If anyone can tell me if I can get house and garden from anyone but humboldt wholesale I would appreciate it. They are not quite as much fun to work with.

Thanks a bunch.

GOTO-gumi

GOTO-gumi

here you go but a word to the wise they're very unreliable.

Brad McCabe
Humboldt Wholesale
Sales Representative; technical support
1162 Samoa Blvd.
Arcata, CA. 95521
toll free: 1-888-HWYIELD
office: (707) 840-0999
fax: (707) 840-9931
[email protected]

M

Mr.Smokster

Sell your nutes 50% off 24/7. I would shop there. My local hydro shop is paying its rent cuz of my purchases. I need 50% off and so does your community indoor growers. Good luck.

sky high

sky high

Focus only on the pot growers....especially if you have a Wal-mart or other large chain store nearby that offers "one-stop" shopping. I tried to target the "organic" crowd @ my store and found out that even though many folks here TALK ABOUT being "green"...if they can snag a Scott's product or a Dow chemical easily at Wally's for CHEAP they'll do so and they aren't gonna make a special trip to your store for an organic alternative.

Lock up the "Big 3" as suppliers. (Hydrofarm, SS, BWGS) Leaving any one out could have another store opening very close to you...and sorry to say..there just isn't enough $$ in the hydro markups/biz overall to have >>any<< competition in a small town.

Don't automatically believe that ALL of the growers in tyour area will rush right over to shop @ your store because you are close-by. I'm 125 miles from a major metro area and I found out that MOST folks were set in their ways and weren't willing to fuck with the exposure of shopping in a small town. and would STILL drive the 5 hour R/T to the city because they've done it for so long and it has "worked" (no heat) for them. (cops most likely aren't gonna try to follow you for 125 miles)

Good luck. I hope it works out for ya.

s h

sky high

sky high

What kind of mark up do you think there is on hydro gear, Mr. Smokster?

s h

L

leao

As an alternative you may want to try Sunlight Supply Inc. (www.sunlightsupply.com)

They supply my local shops and seem to carry all the major brands that most growers use, except Advanced Nutrients (which based on some people's opinions may be a good thing afterall).

As far as a must have product, love 'em or hate 'em, Fox Farms's lineup of grow mediums and nutrients should be a solid seller. I would also echo sky high's sentiment about focusing on the ganja farmer. I mean honestly, is anyone shopping at a hydro shop to in order to grow really wicked tomatoes? (not that there's anything wrong with tomatoes, I'm just sayin' :blush

I wish you and the missus the best of luck and great success with the shop.

peace,

J

JuJu Farms

Just remember two things

- People Like simplicity

- People like convenience

M

MT Farmer

Thanks to all for responding. I have been a busy little beaver lately. I'll let you all know when I get my website setup:sun

M

MT Farmer

I will do my best Michael. My plan is to only sell products I would recommend to a friend.
I can't claim to be an expert, but for my area I might be one of the head :banana1sv6:

I have about 7 years under my belt but I just started to understand things about 3 years ago. Every time I'm on here I seem to learn something. Thanks be to all.

sky high

sky high

LOL, why do 50% off when you can do even more, shit sell it at cost! EVERYONE WOULD LOVE YOU!

Just put up a sign "Free Hydro Gear". That'll bring em in!

The one thing you'll fight are folks who think you OWE them something simply because they walked in the door.

Free samples.... a discount on their purchase...or them asking you to match Internet pricing.

It's amazing shit, really. Just as Smokester commented that the hydro store he visits has the gall to actiually try to make enough profit to PAY THEIR RENT and won't sell him nutes for 50% off....you'll get dunned EVERYDAY by folks selling weed for $400 an ounce who don't wanna pay $10 for a bottle of nutes so you can make a WHOPPIN $4....

What OTHER business do you waltz into and EXPECT a discount...merely because of your illustrious presence in the store?? (I'm HERE...SERVE ME, Lowly one)

Grocery store? Nope. Gas Station? Nope. Maybe the doctor? nope. Can you BELIEVE IT? ALL of these folks want to make money off you so they can pay rent and wages. THIEFS!! HOW DARE THEY?

Fuggin amazin shit. I got sick of hearing it....and of making NO money working 7 days a week/12 hours a day...

and all the while I was hearing...both on the cannabis boards and in the store...about HOW MUCH MONEY I HAD TO BE MAKING.

:hunter:

Good luck in your endeavor.

s h

lollipopman

lollipopman

i would also setup some systems and grow some organic veggies to sell, that way people can see how they work and you can make the money back for the electric bill by selling the goods under them..

O

OrganicAncestor

Eco-Nutrients

Hello-I work for a company called Eco-Nutrients. We produce Organic liquid fish and kelp w/ humic acid fertilizer in Northern Cali. We only harvest from the Pacific Northwest ocean. We get outstanding feedback from our products, particularly with the cannabis grower. You can check us out at www.econutrients.com

MedDudeChcioCA has reviewed us on this site if you would like to check out what he has said just search his name.

If you would like to contact us, please email me at [email protected]

We hope to hear from you, but either way good luck with your store!

Top Bottom