Opinions? Any Suggestions? Hopefully Help

• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dano110

I have my water ready. I tested at 6.24 before adding fertilizer, after adding its at 5.47. Opinions?

Eledin

Eledin

I have my water ready. I tested at 6.24 before adding fertilizer, after adding its at 5.47. Opinions?
Feed them according to what GNick said, I honestly dont know about fox farm cause is not available in my country. About how much water to use, I also dont use fox farm soil so I dont know either, I usually water til I see a bit of runoff and then adjust accordingly. You want to use more water and water less often, so the roots can expand better when searching for water and the water is available in all the soil but be careful cause 5 gallon pots take longer to dry than smaller pots even if the top is dry, I know when based on how much they weight but if you are not experienced with that yet you can wait til it asks you for water (drooping leaves but no yellowing, it recovers in less than a day when you water them and its thought to be good for the plant, promotes root growth, prevents root rot and they get an energy boost after watering them). About the ph, the common thing is meassuring once you added the ferts and then adjust to 6-6,5, your soil has ph buffers so probably no need to be super accurate, but I would be just in case despite what some people say about soil ph buffers I had problems when using bottled nutes for not adjusting it and letting it be too acidic, mostly at the end of the grow. But then again, fox farm is a way superior soil than what I have available around here. You could always meassure the ph of the runoff water when youre calibrating how much water youre gonna use, you might have reduced the efficacy of the ph buffers when you watered with ph3 water, its also reduced over time thats why Im careful in flowering when the plant likes it closer to 6,5 than 6.

D

Dano110

Feed them according to what GNick said, I honestly dont know about fox farm cause is not available in my country. About how much water to use, I also dont use fox farm soil so I dont know either, I usually water til I see a bit of runoff and then adjust accordingly. You want to use more water and water less often, so the roots can expand better when searching for water and the water is available in all the soil but be careful cause 5 gallon pots take longer to dry than smaller pots even if the top is dry, I know when based on how much they weight but if you are not experienced with that yet you can wait til it asks you for water (drooping leaves but no yellowing, it recovers in less than a day when you water them and its thought to be good for the plant, promotes root growth, prevents root rot and they get an energy boost after watering them). About the ph, the common thing is meassuring once you added the ferts and then adjust to 6-6,5, your soil has ph buffers so probably no need to be super accurate, but I would be just in case despite what some people say about soil ph buffers I had problems when using bottled nutes for not adjusting it and letting it be too acidic, mostly at the end of the grow. But then again, fox farm is a way superior soil than what I have available around here. You could always meassure the ph of the runoff water when youre calibrating how much water youre gonna use, you might have reduced the efficacy of the ph buffers when you watered with ph3 water, its also reduced over time thats why Im careful in flowering when the plant likes it closer to 6,5 than 6.
Thanks. That's basically how I kept track last grow, waited until wilt. Then I was able to do 32oz of water every 48 to 54 hrs between. Wilt would form within like clock work. I'll check ph again this evening, after sitting the day. I haven't used it yet.

Top Bottom