Opinions? Any Suggestions? Hopefully Help

• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

ok it’s not best to switch automatically to 12/12 from say 18/6.. it can stress a plant enough to hermie..
I had a thread about this last December (Quick flip or slow flip?) and the consensus was to flip directly to 12/12. This is the first time I've seen someone recommend flipping slowly from 18/6 to 12/12. So, if a quick flip is not advised, what is a better way to do it?

GoodListener

GoodListener

My 2 cents, Ph IS important if tap water is over 8, like it is here in CA, and if your going to PH, might as well do it right. Make sure to calibrate your PH meter and keep it wet (the meter) with proper storage solution. You have nice big pots that should have much remaining nutrient if it were a good soil. Foxfarm has changed for the worse in the past few years. your plants do look like they are having a hard time taking up nitrogen. Could be over watered, I recommend not watering until the pots feel light or just before they wilt. In the mean time, foliar spray with 1 tbsp. fish emulsion per gallon. I believe either there is a PH problem due to imbalance of nutrition or lack there of, or lack of oxygen from overwatering. peace and good luck.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I had a thread about this last December (Quick flip or slow flip?) and the consensus was to flip directly to 12/12. This is the first time I've seen someone recommend flipping slowly from 18/6 to 12/12. So, if a quick flip is not advised, what is a better way to do it?

to tired to write and explain..
IMG 5127

GoodListener

GoodListener

Please try not to over think. All your HEROS go straight to 12/12. Who are you trying to emulate? Don't try to reinvent the wheel. The day you go from 18/6 to 12/12 is a very convenient day to start your countdown to harvest.

B

BudgetGrower

If I was growing a single crop from seed, @GNick55 point about not stressing the plants could be right.
but if your taking clones and you want to keep the best plants and you have a veg and a flower room (growing perpetual).
You want to stress the plants too see how they react because cutting a stem and forcing it to grow roots is the most stressful thing you can do to a plant.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I've been giving about 16oz of water every 2 days. I just checked with the cheap meter I have and it's more towards the dry mark.
Probably already answered but MORE water LESS often is crucial. For a 3 gallon water a half gallon SLOWLY and you should be in much better shape. That has helped me a lot. 16 oz every other day is not even close to enough for that plant. Good luck!

D

Dano110

Probably already answered but MORE water LESS often is crucial. For a 3 gallon water a half gallon SLOWLY and you should be in much better shape. That has helped me a lot. 16 oz every other day is not even close to enough for that plant. Good luck!
That's what I've done since questioning here. 1/2 gal every 4 days. Watered yesterday after work and wilt had formed. So the next water I will do morning instead of evening, wilt should be right around the corner at that time. Thanks

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

If you pot up you wont after ph has soil has buffers if you dont pot up this buffer runs out after a certain amount of use
i’ve been doing something similar to this..
i will also be changing my veg hours from 18/6 to 16/8 from here on, starting with next grow..
Have used 17 \7 before nick works great the f1 thing does make sense as they are not stable

Tacky_Fingaz

Tacky_Fingaz

It’s funny how we sell the medical benefit of cannabis, terpenes, thc, thc-a and cbd but grow it in toxic synthetically made nutrients. Lmao I can’t make this 💩 up. Then on top of it you’re not even using anything to break down the salt build ups 🤦 I can’t imagine how many toxic metals and stuff you’re ingesting. If it was me I would buy some recharge and a few gallons of ro water. I’d PH it neutral for a few feeds and see how she reacts. I would also buy some SLF-100 to help break down the salt build up. Think of it as a probiotic for your plant. Buy the clear bottle for yourself and get your gut health in check along with your plants lol. I’m Not a huge fan of fox farms and their mediums they sell. I think it makes the 💨 harsh and taste like 💩 as well. Good luck 👍

B

BudgetGrower

Most of the plant food I use is organic and I don't give my plants any food for the last 2 weeks in flower (top dress)
I guess most bottle nutes is toxic synthetically, not sure I would want to use on my fruit and veg 🤔

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It’s funny how we sell the medical benefit of cannabis, terpenes, thc, thc-a and cbd but grow it in toxic synthetically made nutrients. Lmao I can’t make this 💩 up. Then on top of it you’re not even using anything to break down the salt build ups 🤦 I can’t imagine how many toxic metals and stuff you’re ingesting. If it was me I would buy some recharge and a few gallons of ro water. I’d PH it neutral for a few feeds and see how she reacts. I would also buy some SLF-100 to help break down the salt build up. Think of it as a probiotic for your plant. Buy the clear bottle for yourself and get your gut health in check along with your plants lol. I’m Not a huge fan of fox farms and their mediums they sell. I think it makes the 💨 harsh and taste like 💩 as well. Good luck 👍
only unhealthy plants will uptake lots of heavy metals.. happens outdoors as well..

D

Dano110

I've gotta disagree, I grew in fox farm with very little nutes added. Nothing but water from carbon filter and it was awesome smoke. Better than any I could buy at the dispensary. I think it gets over thought alot of times, as I've done this time I'm thinking. As of now the plant is on track looking great.

Top Bottom