Opinions on aptus

• Thread starter southstreets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
southstreets

southstreets

The title says it all!!! I need feedback! I did calculations and there set of boosters and my base would run me bout 800 less every 2 runs... But I wanna know how the finished product is.. Yes I've seen jacks thread...lol.. His looked flame but I'm looking for more ppl who have ran it and had similar results

cookiemonster

cookiemonster

So far so good, it is expensive but when you figure its almost 1ml for every product. I havent chopped my first harvest, but so far it has helped with internode spacing...

southstreets

southstreets

So far so good, it is expensive but when you figure its almost 1ml for every product. I havent chopped my first harvest, but so far it has helped with internode spacing...

I'm running canna right now and did the calculations and id save some cash going to aptus.. For my size grow anyways.. Not many ppl running it yet huh? What base are you using with it?

cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Yeah you would def save money i am running lucas formula, and also there baseboost as my base nutes so far its looking great...

E

el_tenador

Any sample packs floating around?
I contacted them for samples, they directed me to the closest distributor Carrying their line in my area. Lol! Given the $ tag you'd imagine they'd want to put a few people on to game.

dankworth

dankworth

Aptus schmaptus.
I am learning lots more about nutrition and performance by fucking with salt ratios and teas than by buying some random hyped brand.
Any time Jack goes off about a product, it sells a shitload of units.
Because he has threads with over a third of a million page views.

This is not accidental.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Aptus schmaptus.
I am learning lots more about nutrition and performance by fucking with salt ratios and teas than by buying some random hyped brand.
Any time Jack goes off about a product, it sells a shitload of units.
Because he has threads with over a third of a million page views.

This is not accidental.
So Dank Im guessing you used Aptus multiple times in a controlled environment???

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

I'm guessing you can tell me elemental ppms of Aptus's nute lines and additives, PGRs present, and what medium each line is intended to be best used in?

If you don't know that information, you are at a disadvantage.

You never answered my ???? But im going to assume you haven't tried it.
It doesn't make sense to me if you haven't used the product how can you speak negatively or insist someone shouldn't be using it.
Whether or not Jack has an alternative agenda when posting his grows using Aptus, I couldnt possibly know. But he says he's had his best run to date.
He seems like a stand up guy and has done multiple side by sides in a controlled environment, which is rarity on these boards.
I'm not going to try and figure out whats in there, or why it does or doesnt work, but results are results.
Most people on the boards know where you stand as far as purchasing hydro nutes, I mostly agree with you.
But aptus is organic additive (no NPK) you run with your base. Which is completely different from the custom tailored salts your using.
Apples and Oranges.
Its seems like every new thread that gets started in this section your telling them everything you purchase in the store is crap, make your own nutes.
If someone wants to use Aptus or Advanced, let em. To each their own. Keep an open mind. Everything in the hydro store is not snake oil, there are a few good products out there.

Let the thread breathe!

dankworth

dankworth

I should have done more homework before talking shit.
BaseBoost-
  • Compounded NPK fertilizer with Magnesium (Mg) and Sulfur (S)
  • Organically chelated microelements such as, Boron (B), Iron (Fe), Manganese (Mn), Zinc (Zn)
  • L-Amino Acids
Fasilitor-
  • Silicic Acid (Si) ā€“ Nutrient transporter
  • Boron (B) ā€“ A precursor to all other nutrient utilization
  • Molybdenum (Mo) ā€“ Moves Nitrogen from lower to upper leaves
StartBoost-
  • Organic Nitrogen chelated with L-Amino Acids
  • Microlife biomass from controlled fermentation of selected strains (specific beneficials)
  • Humic acid from the Leonardite layer
  • High-grade Fulvic acid
BloomBoost-
  • L-Amino Acids
  • Polysaccharides (sugars)
  • Trace elements: Boron (B), Iron (Fe), Molybdenum (Mo)
  • Bloom promoting natural plant stimulants
  • Vitamin complexes produced by natural fermentation
PeakBoost-
  • Provides a large amount of organic Phosphorous (P) in the generative and bloom phase
  • 100% water soluble and organic leaving no residue
  • Combines organic Nitrogen (N) and Phosphorous (P) with L-Amino Acids
  • High bioavailability
  • Powerful stimulating effect on the blooming process
MassBoost-
  • Organic Nitrogen (N)
  • Calcium (Ca)
  • Magnesium (Mg)
  • L-Amino Acids
FinaleBoost-
  • Organic Nitrogen
  • Potassium
  • Sulfur Trioxide
  • L-Amino Acids
Ecozen-
  • Cellulase and beta-glucanase complexes
  • Blend of sugar complexes (polysaccharides)
  • Manganese (Mn)
A little homework, and we can see how many of these ingredients are easily reproduced at home, some are in fact NPK-based.
If one does not know the elemental ppms of their nute mix, one may not know the reason for deficiencies that require 8 different bottles to treat. Or however many bottles.

Been playing with micros myself.
Can get lots of organic components out of teas. Organic N, organic P, organic K.
L-aminos can be had from alfalfa as well as other sources.
Looks like MassBoost has epsom salts(Mg, S)
Beware the definition of "organic", it can be used in a misleading fashion.

Sure you can run out and buy all this stuff. But be sure to know what is in each product you are using, and see why you need it.
If you had enough micros in your nute mix, you might not even need micros added from an Aptus bottle.
If you added an awesome tea formula, that would knock out half the things they are trying to sell us.

It is shit like this that makes me say "Aptus Schmaptus".
Aptus is not just organic additives, it is salts like I use too. Which should probably be in your base formula in the first place.
I'm going to try to figure out what's in there, and why it does or doesn't work.
Because then I will have a better understanding of plant nutrition and the underlying cause-and-effect relationships that determine performance.

5 liter bottles of peakboost for $608?
Awesome.

sdgrower

sdgrower

I have not tried Aptus but I was at the store when they came in for a demo/class. They put a lot of emphasis in using their products at the correct times. Adding mg after stretch is complete for example, similar to desertsquirrel, adding the k at the correct time etc.
I would love to give Aptus a whirl but I added it all up and I would be in for over $1500 a run. I look forward to other Aptus user's providing feedback.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have not tried Aptus but I was at the store when they came in for a demo/class. They put a lot of emphasis in using their products at the correct times. Adding mg after stretch is complete for example, similar to desertsquirrel, adding the k at the correct time etc.
I would love to give Aptus a whirl but I added it all up and I would be in for over $1500 a run. I look forward to other Aptus user's providing feedback.

It's important to not only know WHAT is in the nutrients, and WHEN to use which ones, but also WHY. And that last is the part where most lines of nutrients fall down for me. They won't tell me what's in their 'proprietary formula' so they never fully explain WHY you use this one at one point, and that one at another. For the hundreds- often thousands- of dollars they ask me to spend on their products, they damn well better answer all of my questions, including the absolutely critical WHY.

dankworth

dankworth

It's important to not only know WHAT is in the nutrients, and WHEN to use which ones, but also WHY. And that last is the part where most lines of nutrients fall down for me. They won't tell me what's in their 'proprietary formula' so they never fully explain WHY you use this one at one point, and that one at another. For the hundreds- often thousands- of dollars they ask me to spend on their products, they damn well better answer all of my questions, including the absolutely critical WHY.
Dude, if they didn't leave important micros out of their base nutes, they couldn't sell you bottles #6, 7 and 8.
Or bottles # 2, 3, 5, 8, and 9 or whatever.
Huh.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Dude, if they didn't leave important micros out of their base nutes, they couldn't sell you bottles #6, 7 and 8.
Or bottles # 2, 3, 5, 8, and 9 or whatever.
Huh.

...which was my point, thank you. There are only so many different nutrients that plants need; salts, PGRs and helpful bennies. It's really not that hard! Think about it this way; you pay $400 or so for a college course. If you were paying attention, you learned something useful... usually.

Compare that to being ready to throw down $800 on a nutrient line, but holding off long enough to learn about nutes, etc on your own. Not only have you learned highly relevant information that you'll use for the rest of your plant-growing and -consuming life, but you've SAVED a small fortune! Ever heard of a college paying you to go to class?

dankworth

dankworth

Interesting you should say that. Bud Igniter, if I remember correctly, had nothing but epsom in it for guaranteed analysis. We can play w/mg levels to play w/stretch then probably, huh.
Now that is a valuable insight we all can use to our advantage for hella cheap. Thanks, sdgrower.

dankworth

dankworth

As this market becomes increasingly more efficient, those of us that taught ourselves things like the nute game will be able to function with lower operating costs, creating more opportunity for ourselves.
Benjamins saved 0n nutes is benjamins earned.

Anyone has any observations on a specific aptus product inducing a specific response, we are all ears.

Latest posts

Top Bottom