Opinions On Indoor Grow Tent

• Thread starter Prosperity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I thought of building something like a giant bat box around a window and will probably build one soon, adding a hinge for opening window.
fig49-1a.gif

That would have excellent airflow but how do you hook up the exhaust?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol, build it on the inside. Make a frame that rises out from the wall 4 or 6 inches and add a few boards/foam board over top of the window and blinds. One with the air gap at the top and a hole at the bottom of the box to let air go in the bottom, up around the first board, then out the window. It would be completely light proof because of the bends created by staggering the air openings and still allow for airflow and you could even open the window if you made it removable.

You can just do it with a board and a hole and put a nice bend in the flexible duct. Much lower profile and simpler.

But nice use of a darkroom style baffle. :-)

P

Prosperity

Thanks for all the active responsive. You guys are awesome and very helpful.

I notice a lot of you recommending a tent 4x4x7

How is this one?

I'd love to be the guy who can do a diy project but I have more money than time so it's best I go for a pre-packaged solution. I also live in an apartment so I'm planning on putting this in a closet. The closet is fairly large but still a closet.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How is this one?

I'd love to be the guy who can do a diy project but I have more money than time so it's best I go for a pre-packaged solution. I also live in an apartment so I'm planning on putting this in a closet. The closet is fairly large but still a closet.
U killing me smalls! bs shit right there!...
How much money you got to spemd? I make you a shopping list!
Beleive me when I say I can get you straightened out a lot better...
Just like all sales, they give you a thing or 2 of value, along with a few pcs of crap!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How is this one?

Son im sry to say this but your going into turn 3 like Dale Earnhart.....
A closet?
Diminsions of closet?
So your landlord is cool with you cutting out 6" holes for ducting in the ceiling. You realize that a light in a closet will build up heat so fast your plants will think they are in a fight with a racoon in a microwave..
I really implore you to read read read before you purchase equipment, because its clear you dont got a good understanding about exhaust, and environmental controls...
We need to know exactly the size of closet , and pics inside so we know where to use the saws all at?
I be waiting for your response...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The "grow buddy" is the perfect personal hydroponics grow tents but works well for those who may want to produce large yields. With 16 plant capabilities, this grow tent can produce a lot of plant matter. It is also 6'11'' tall but can be raised to 7'11" if needed (roof can be raised with the extension we provide).

Dimensions - 2'x4'x6'11"

Included in your hydroponics grow tent package are:

• Gorilla Grow Tent - This tent is very thick and robust = nice but over priced
  • 400w HPS Bulb = my nightlight has more power than 400
  • Blazer 6" Reflector= never heard of it
  • Lumatek Digital Ballast= good ballast
  • Timers= very cheap
  • Carbon filter to keep unwanted odors eliminated= undersized
  • Digital temperature and hygrometer gauge= pos
  • Internal circulation fan= decent
  • Adjustable net trellis for plant support= build for $15
  • GFCI adapter= $10 at Menards/Lowes/home depot
  • Superponics hydroponics grow system (16 Plants)= the biggest pcs of junk in the package!!
  • What you gonna grow with this? One tomato per plant???? Pathetic
  • Technaflora nutrient for success== junk!!!!!!!!!
  • pH Tester- cheap
  • TDS Meter=cheap
  • Rockwool Cubes= you will kill the plants prob first time using this!!!
  • Clay Stone Meter= wtf is this even????
  • Instructional DVD== Another video pushing more of thier junk at you!!!
  • 3 Year Warranty= Awarranty mainly only for the light and tent, the only 2 things worth paying for.....
As you can see I broke down that bs for you...
Your biggest prob is gonna be air and heat control...
Lets see a pic and measurements for closet? You have no other areas you can put the tent?
You single? Are you in a red state?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hey
Newbie grower here.
I am planning my first grow and would really appreciate some help. I am working on an indoor grow and planning on using auto flower in a hytroponics setup. I am looking for a tent reasonably sized that can fit in my closet.

This is what I had in mind but I wanted some opinions before I purchased.

http://www.dealzer.com/secret-garden-hydroponics-system.html

Also a place where I can purchase the best quality autoflower seeds would appreciated.

Cheers
Heat and air flow are your main concerns. You're not going to do very well with a tent in a closet. You'll do okay during veg but when it comes to flower the heat is going to get you. What you want is good airflow from the bottom and heat out the top. Maybe you should just put that tent in the room.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I will sell you a 4x4x7 tent, 440 cfm fan AND carbon filter. A 600 mh/hps light with vented hood, and ducting(insulated). A 4 bucket RDWC hydroponic system, and sit right here and give you 1 on 1 direction on how to setup, maintain, and run the system for $550.
Then you can use the extra money left over for ph/ec meter and GH flora series nutrients MADE FOR HYDROPONICS!
Then later on, maybe add c02..
4x4 can produce 3/4 to a pd of good bud, when you get your skills up..

P

Prosperity

The dimensions are about 12(L)x 4(W)x 7(H)

It's legal to grow where I live and I'm single. I am really flexible on the price as long as its worth it. I am not sure about putting holes in the walls that may be an issue. I was hoping there was some equipment available that would bypass me having to physically alter the structure of the room.

MW7945

MW7945

I started my 3x3x6 tent in a closet it just BARELY fit in. Zero wiggle room on the sides, only about a half a foot to the door. I didn't have heat problems (LED lights), but I could tell the air flow was crap. Moved it to it's own room.

Honestly I don't think you have to cut any holes in anything.

I can't see a reason to buy a really expensive tent like Gorilla. I got a... hydro farmer or something like that? Off amazon and it does the job just fine. If you were willing to pay $800 for that junk one you should easily be able to spend that on a quality setup, and probably save money.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's legal to grow where I live and I'm single. I am really flexible on the price as long as its worth it. I am not sure about putting holes in the walls that may be an issue. I was hoping there was some equipment available that would bypass me having to physically alter the structure of the room.
Well there are ways around it, but it cost $$$
Those deminsions suck but we can work with them. Can you get another door the same size used that you have on there so we can cut some holes in it?
Fuck a tent, just use the closet as a tent.
You are gonna need a cob led setup with passive sinks and your looking at prob $600 just for that.
Then we can cut a hole in top of door 6" circumference, and install a 440 cfm fan on inside to extract air out. Put a small carbon filter on other side.
It will pull the hot air out the top and pull cool air under the door. Have AC in you apt?
Then you just need the hydro system. You can get one premade for like 150, 4 bucket dwc (deep water culture)

You could always just buy the light, the fan and filter

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Okay Chief then you are good. Don't even worry about putting that in a closet. Use a good tent bigger is usually better simply because you can actually get inside there and work. If money is not that much of an issue I would definitely buy high-quality lighting. Investing in some type of air conditioning system would be one of the best things you can do,heat is your biggest enemy you want to have the ability to maintain consistent temperature right where you want it. As far as smell goes carbon filters will help a lot but they are not going to 100%eliminate odor. But if you have a smaller size grow you should be okay. Good luck my friend there are lots of people on here that can walk you through the whole thing. Happy growing!

dan1989

dan1989

I suggest a 4'x4' tent. A ton of knowledge. And a horticulture specific lighting system sized to the tent with proper fans and filters and ventilation.

I grew 15 oz of great quality bud following the guides in ed Rosenthals grow guide and Jorje Cervantes grow bible.

I invested $1800 including seeds and soil and such to get started.

I bought quality branded gear and tent. And I exhausted out of a diy stealth window board and ran up my house air conditioning to keep it cool anyway that first summer.

Here is a free library of pot books.

http://catnews.org/FREE Pot Books/

Same here on the equipment. If you have quality reliable stuff you save money and misery in the long run. You got my attention with the stealth board thing actually. I had the idea of getting some MDF and boarding over the window, paint the outside black and glue some net curtains on to help the illusion. Holes for exhaust and fresh air ducting cut into board, the net should act as a bug filter on the intake, hoping the exhaust air from the air cooled lights won't be hot enough to melt the netting :D any tips you have on this would be hugely appreciated...

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I am open to whatever yields the best results and what fits into the setup. I'm guessing the LED would be better for a closet setup to cut back on heat?
The thing about LEDs is you can actually wind up creating just as much if not more heat than in hps. I would stay away from 5 and 10 watt LEDs personally they are the least efficient and produce more heat. And calculate your wattage to square footage at around 50 Watts over killing it can create too much heat. I like to use multiple smaller lights instead of one huge one. Plus once you get up and running if you decide you are maintaining your heat okay you can always throw in another light. 3 watt LEDs are the most efficient and coolest running. I like to use cheap panels on the sides to help with penetration I will attach a link for those. Everyone has their own opinion but the reality is if you want quality bud you need to keep those Temps way down with no hot spikes. During Veg it's not a big deal. In my opinion I would always opt for quality of Bud over quantity. But you are right a lot of thought needs to go into it before you buy anything. The last thing you want is to wind wishing you would have bought different stuff and then going back and buying new stuff. My best advice is to make a SOLID decision on how many plants you want to grow what style you will grow as far as scrogging, hydroponic or the media you want to use Etc. Some people like to build their own cobs. Unfortunately for me I do not have time for that and I buy my lights. Let me know if you're interested I can send you a couple links to lights that I like.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I am open to whatever yields the best results and what fits into the setup. I'm guessing the LED would be better for a closet setup to cut back on heat?
Here is the light you want. This is a kit. Timber prob already sells one prebuilt for another 150..
These are top of the line lights!!! You post this light and ask for ppl opinions and you will see!

Here is the fan and filter set up..

https://www.zenhydro.com/ipower-glf...hTOFBjuL84si4fBc6WVaSq5KrLAaH-vm_waAhqh8P8HAQ

here is a awesome systemif you cant diy...

http://www.alienhydroponics.co.uk/alien-hydroponics-shop/rdwc/4-pot-rdwc-detail.html

4 COB 300W 140MM DIY KIT No Reflectors  759421470081470
RDWC 20ltr 4 pot
Top Bottom