Opinions On Indoor Grow Tent

• Thread starter Prosperity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think the tent would be the cleanest option. I like the one in the photo an like the idea of having it be discreet. And seems like less work. Lol. So I'm planning on buying all the stuff you recommended and stuffing it in a tent. I'm limited to 6 plants and don't see the need to go over anyway. What size tent do I need for that?
or yo gonna put the tent in the closet?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I think the tent would be the cleanest option. I like the one in the photo an like the idea of having it be discreet. And seems like less work. Lol. So I'm planning on buying all the stuff you recommended and stuffing it in a tent. I'm limited to 6 plants and don't see the need to go over anyway. What size tent do I need for that?
Maybe break it up in 2 tents or even a third for clones and veg.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That's a good idea. I can use 2 tents like the ones Eventhorizan had in the photos with 3 in each tent. I can put the clones in the next tent while the originals continue to grow.
Well you are not gonna fit all them tents in the closet lol... So if your closet is 4x4 its gonna be hard to get a 4x4 tent in there because its actually bigger than 4x4 so you need a 3x3...
Here is what I need to know?
Personal, or $$$
I need to know how much herb you expect or want a month?

P

Prosperity

Well you are not gonna fit all them tents in the closet lol... So if your closet is 4x4 its gonna be hard to get a 4x4 tent in there because its actually bigger than 4x4 so you need a 3x3...
Here is what I need to know?
Personal, or $$$
I need to know how much herb you expect or want a month?

I don't think I would need more than 2 tents. Those 3x3 look perfect. The closet is actually 12 x4 it's one of those long closets with the sliding door. So I should be able to fit two next to each other with space to spare. As far as the other question. I think higher yields will be favorable.

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I don't think I would need more than 2 tents. Those 3x3 look perfect. The closet is actually 12 x4 it's one of those long closets with the sliding door. So I should be able to fit two next to each other with space to spare. As far as the other question. I think higher yields will be favorable.
If you can fit three tents in there that would be the way to go man. Here is a link that might help you. The guy is a nut but he knows what he's talking about.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Basically if you go with a 3 light rotation it doesn't have to be very big and you can pump the shit out Non-Stop.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Don't worry about the light that he is recommending you can use any light you want all I'm talking about is the three light rotation.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You'll be a lot better off to go with small frequent quality yields and use the least amount of efficient lighting that you can. You'll be a lot happier with frequent small quality quantities then one big O yield that takes forever and the heat ruins your potency. Growing in a closet you're going to have to be realistic. You'll be a lot prouder of your product if it is of high quality rather than just being a giant garbage bag full.

dan1989

dan1989

If you're thinking closet for stealth purposes, consider the space that the sound proofing you definitely will need is gonna take up inside. Where is your intake coming from? Are you using LED lighting? You may be better doing a wardrobe conversion and using a couple smaller dressers as clone and veg chambers. You can make it work for sure, but be realistic with your space. Why do everything in your one closet space when you could use it just for flowering and do a scrog/sog style setup, possibly multi level. That way you can keep your vegging plants extra short, which is perfect for an LED in a dresser setup. You will need a space for drying too, so consider that if you're thinking of doing a perpetual. Obviously I don't know your exact situation but that's what I'd try and do if possible. It's not difficult to setup a couple dressers with a filter. LED lights point straight siren down so I wouldn't bother with mylar and painting walls white etc. In such a small space with an LED your light coverage will be shit and especially if you grow taller plants you'll find yourself pulling top branches towards the middle to get bud sites under the light because it points straight down with almost no spread at such a short grow space height. Hence the sog idea in particular, I think you should cram as many small plants as you can in the closet. In my opinion.

dan1989

dan1989

Gonna go ahead and disagree on that one.

I guess I could see instances with trouble on heat, but not very likely to generate more heat.

Hps is way hotter but it's quite true that without proper extraction a few LED panels in a small space can make things pretty warm. Those things have cooling fans (any one worth having) and that heat being blown around has to go somewhere. Try grabbing your live HPS bulb five minutes after being turned on, you'll get greater heat issues than putting your hand on an LED glass that's for sure.

MW7945

MW7945

Pound for pound, an LED will emit much less heat. That's all I'm saying. I'm running a 600w, and a 300w vipar (roughly 400w actual pull) all lights on in a 3x3x6 and I'm pretty constant 78-79 degrees with the lights on. That being said, I have an 8" fan blowing directly at the lights, an oscillating fan moving air round, and a 6" exhaust fan (on low) pulling out the top air with a passive intake.

Top Bottom