Orange/necrotic spots on upper growth

• Thread starter shadyslater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shadyslater

shadyslater

Orangenecrotic spots on upper growth
growin in coir.. i thought it was cal-mag def.. treated with cal-mag and epsom salts???

shadyslater

shadyslater

ppms of solution is runnin between 900-1100 atm ph is 6.0-6.1 in and 5.9 out

Tnelz

Tnelz

Looks like either burn or terrible CA. Def. If it's burn I'm sure u know what to do. If it's calcium just chalk those leaves up. What else do u have in ur coco? Maybe it's me but my runs r opposite. I put in 5.7 5.8 and run off is 5.8 6.0. Change the title of ur thread so more people will look at it. Good luck!

shadyslater

shadyslater

i am pretty sure its CA..
gh flora micro and bloom. plant magic magne ca. and pk

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
View attachment 370378 growin in coir.. i thought it was cal-mag def.. treated with cal-mag and epsom salts???
Oh fuck. You unintentionally made the Ca- worse by adding even more Mg, because that's what Epsom salts are, MgSO4 (magnesium sulfate). That's a very, very advanced calcium deficiency. You will now begin chasing your tail. You need a calcium-only product, start using that as both a root drench and a foliar. You're not going to be able to correct what's already gone, the best you can hope for now is to stop the progression of necrosis developing and, HOPEFULLY, still be able to get some decent buds off of her.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Oh fuck. You unintentionally made the Ca- worse by adding even more Mg, because that's what Epsom salts are, MgSO4 (magnesium sulfate). That's a very, very advanced calcium deficiency. You will now begin chasing your tail. You need a calcium-only product, start using that as both a root drench and a foliar. You're not going to be able to correct what's already gone, the best you can hope for now is to stop the progression of necrosis developing and, HOPEFULLY, still be able to get some decent buds off of her.
What's up sea! Just wanted u to see the email the people from nectar of the gods sent me. Let me know what u think. Personally it sounds great to me. At the bottom is my original question to them.
"Great question, and normally that would be the case with every other nutrient. Most nutrients are salt based and are designed to deliver nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous with a nitrogen or potassium molecule. For these elements to enter the plants vascular system, the pH needs to be in the 5.7-6.2 range. This pH value concentrates on the optimal deliver of those three elements. The downfall of this nutritional program is that Nitrogen and potassium are both water based molecule and enter the plant as water. This gives plant the appearance of size and volume until harvest. After we cut our plants down at the end of the cycle, the water wants to evaporate off and we are left with loose fruit.
Our line takes a different approach to nutrition delivery. We use a calcium molecule to deliver all of the other elements, and the best part is calcium is a rock in all its forms. But because we use calcium as a delivery system, and calcium enters the plant most efficiently at a pH of 6.2-6.7. We recommend a pH value of 6.2-6.4 in veg and a 6.4-6.7 in bloom. This will allow the optimal uptake of calcium into the plants vascular system and during bloom, the fruiting bodies. The best part about finishing with a calcium (rock) molecule, is that rocks don't evaporate off at the end. So ultimately you should get denser fruit.

Hope this helps shed some light on the question.

Happy Growing

Scott Ostrander
President
Oregon's Only Organics"

On Jan 18, 2014, at 3:26 PM> wrote:

> <[email protected]>
> Subject: Growing in coco
>
> Message Body:
> Hey guys! I'm very interested in your product. I use Coco. I'm just curious about the pH numbers in your feeding schedule. Seeing as coco should be kept between 5.7&6.0 would your suggestions trump that? Will the product be as good at the coco pH level? Thanks and I hope to hear from you!
>
> --
> This mail is sent via contact form on Nectar For The Gods http://oregonsonly.com
>
>

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what stage are you in veg or bloom? i can see what looks like a slight nitrogen toxicity going on as well.

shadyslater

shadyslater

1st off guys cheers especially sea. She's in a 6ltr pot just into her 4th week of flower. It seems to have gotten worse since i switched from tnc cal-mag (the nutrient company) to plant magic+ stuff. The tnc gear is (if i remember correctly. Will check label @ lights on) more cal a small % mag and 1% n. But the plant magic+ has a whole bunch of trace elements?

shadyslater

shadyslater

Ps. Its mainly the older growth like tje bigger fans and its all feckin over. Will post some pics in mornin

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lower growth, or upper growth? What you showed appeared to be the top of the plant. That's important in making the correct diagnosis.

shadyslater

shadyslater

Upper and lower sea. Its the older leaves the newer growth is showing sign but very slight. Im snapping aload of piccys now when the better halfs watched her super natural i'll post em

shadyslater

shadyslater

Ive been lookin at other def's and it looks alot like boron def?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We've gotta see the whole thing, mang. Really, as many good pix as you can get, and *then* worry about doing close-ups. B and Ca are closely tied together, so care must be taken.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
K, those don't embiggen for me, but what I'm seeing is a plant that's been struggling with a calcium deficiency for a while. It also seems to have a P-. The phosphorous deficiency appears to be nowhere nearly as bad as the calcium deficiency. She looks like she's gonna be finished in a month or less, so honestly, in my opinion, at this point you can give some foliars to help ensure she uses up what's available, but you're not going to change much of anything for her at this point. That's due to Ca's immobility.

You'll well be able to avoid problems in the future with this knowledge.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
that plant is toxed out. what are you feeding? it's been getting more nitrogen then it needs in bloom. flush it with plain water at least a gallon. and your next feeding just give it a little bit of bloom nutes and cal mag.

shadyslater

shadyslater

guys thanks alot. yh the lesson is dont scrimp on your coco lol.

KT she's fed gh flora micro and bloom. pk and cal mag

Top Bottom