Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thanks GrowGod. You being one of my mentor's here. Your words really mean a lot to me! I love your very clean setup and growing style too. I would really love to work with bigger plants like yours. That was a nice batch of big cuttings that you recently took with ease. It's so hard getting these small cuttings to take.
As far as the background on the Cherry Bomb Indica. Their in not much info on her. You seen and was involved in the "I think" breakup with reeferman and logic that was all deleted.
Reefermans Seeds - Cherry Bomb Indica
This is the origional bomb ! the california indica loved by Jack Herer and the base line of all my cherry bomb work ! The original cherry bomb indica clone grow huge frosty tight buds.

Strain Lineage / Genealogy
I just grew out swamp boys cherry blossom turned out really nice was wondering if they were related in any way. Really. The smell is Cherry cough syrup followed by a little road kill skunk, the skunk comes through more as it cure. Purpley indica strong relaxing high, I give it a thumbs up!
I apreciate the kind words man been at it for a long time. Soooo many ups and downs as long as you learn from the downs you will eventually have more ups I promise u that.
As far as the clones go when are cutting the clones and how much light are the plants under? When I take mine the plants have been under 1000watt lights for a couple of weeks, and is usually done on day 3-4 after flipping to bloom. I'll post a couple more tips I do for clones soon.
i will also get back to you on the big plants in small pots. Really high on live resin right now hard to think:smoking:

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Saturday to everyone, Just a beautiful morning here in Denver. With myself and the wife together basically 24/7 365 days it was time for a change in my life. Got myself a new bike to start commuting to our business and home. A eight mile trek each way. I'm really liking this bike that I purchased from REI for $485.00. I think it is really going to suite me. I love its name being called a Buzz bike. :)
B1

B 2

This morning was feeding and also harvest time fir this Higgs Boson. I need to note that of all her runs this is the first time I did not have to cage her up do to thin branching. One stake and one tie on her this time. This is a great c99 backcross! I love the high and taste of this girl.
Hb 1

Hb 2

On another note.
I started it all myself and he's loving every minute of it!! Lol, it's a pleasure
Growing has become one of my biggest passions in my life and have to say I will sacrifice a lot for it. I'm so glad that the boys are treating you right being a woman grower here. Are you currently growing and if so what strains if you don't mind me asking?

As far as the clones go when are cutting the clones and how much light are the plants under? When I take mine the plants have been under 1000watt lights for a couple of weeks, and is usually done on day 3-4 after flipping to bloom.
I love that you mention this because I like to take my cuttings right after moving them into 12's. I think this is the best time because the plants are really working on there overall growth before going into flower. What I love about seeing your cuttings is at there size they do not seem to require a humidity dome. This also might have a lot to do with your location to mine based on region. Thank you for taking the time to help me some. I don't get that much!:)

Trucker

Trucker

Nice looking bike. That should keep you a bit active :)
That Higgs boson is looking mighty fine there. Keep on keepin on.

BudBogart

BudBogart

A good Saturday to everyone, Just a beautiful morning here in Denver. With myself and the wife together basically 24/7 365 days it was time for a change in my life. Got myself a new bike to start commuting to our business and home. A eight mile trek each way. I'm really liking this bike that I purchased from REI for $485.00. I think it is really going to suite me. I love its name being called a Buzz bike. :)
View attachment 611445
View attachment 611447
This morning was feeding and also harvest time fir this Higgs Boson. I need to note that of all her runs this is the first time I did not have to cage her up do to thin branching. One stake and one tie on her this time. This is a great c99 backcross! I love the high and taste of this girl.
View attachment 611448
View attachment 611449
On another note. Growing has become one of my biggest passions in my life and have to say I will sacrifice a lot for it. I'm so glad that the boys are treating you right being a woman grower here. Are you currently growing and if so what strains if you don't mind me asking?

I love that you mention this because I like to take my cuttings right after moving them into 12's. I think this is the best time because the plants are really working on there overall growth before going into flower. What I love about seeing your cuttings is at there size they do not seem to require a humidity dome. This also might have a lot to do with your location to mine based on region. Thank you for taking the time to help me some. I don't get that much!:)
Biking changed my life. I went from 5 mile treks in the beginning to 200 miles a week while working a full time job. I loved slow uphill climbs early in the morning. My last bike, to show how long ago this was is a 1992 Trek carbon fibre 8700 mtn. bike.
I still have it, clean and serviced ready to ride soon as I get feeling just a little younger, haha! @Orcaman have some great rides. How I wish I could join you for a Colorado bike ride! ( specially if we would be smoking some of your buds, lol.)

Diane11

Diane11

@Orcaman, Yes! I feel the same way, and I don't mind you asking at all! Growing has really helped me to live happier this past year. I currently have two unknown strains from seeds that are over 30 years old lol, but they look great, smell great, so I'm pretty sure I'll keep them going. And, I have a Hawaiian Snow (my biggest girl) in her almost 8th week of flower as well. Here are a couple of close ups of my Hawaiian and of my small unknowns. I'm getting a really strong Jack Herer smell to one of them, and the other I think is an indica of some sort. We shall see! I'm very excited to see and tell you guys how my first babies come out :) and yes!!! EVERYONE has been really sweet to me. All the suggestions are nicely put without making me feel like a major ding dong (even tho I am) hehehe!!, and that's AWESOME!!! I need you all, LOL! Anyhow, here are a couple pics of my bloomers, I have more babies growing in a veg room as well, just cuts from what I already got going ;) sorry about the pic colors, just using my phone cam....

Orcaman

Orcaman

Thanks for sharing Diane11, Those are some happy looking buds. It's always fun growing unkown's wondering what they really are. Plus hello BudBogart, and Underthesun, Always a pleasure to chat with you guys. As far as cycling goes I do have a background in it. I bought my first real 12 speed back in 1980 to commute 15 miles each way when my vehicle broke down. By the end of that summer I started racing to. For the next five years I was riding at least 50 miles a day and go out for a century ride on Saturday or Sunday depending on how I felt. One of my most thrilling moments was the first time I rode over Loveland pass and doing 60 mph descending down into summit county. I sold my racing bike and gear about 20 years ago. I'm looking forward to being back in the saddle again. Isn't that a song!:)

Trucker

Trucker

@Orcaman, Yes! I feel the same way, and I don't mind you asking at all! Growing has really helped me to live happier this past year. I currently have two unknown strains from seeds that are over 30 years old lol, but they look great, smell great, so I'm pretty sure I'll keep them going. And, I have a Hawaiian Snow (my biggest girl) in her almost 8th week of flower as well. Here are a couple of close ups of my Hawaiian and of my small unknowns. I'm getting a really strong Jack Herer smell to one of them, and the other I think is an indica of some sort. We shall see! I'm very excited to see and tell you guys how my first babies come out :) and yes!!! EVERYONE has been really sweet to me. All the suggestions are nicely put without making me feel like a major ding dong (even tho I am) hehehe!!, and that's AWESOME!!! I need you all, LOL! Anyhow, here are a couple pics of my bloomers, I have more babies growing in a veg room as well, just cuts from what I already got going ;) sorry about the pic colors, just using my phone cam....
All looking good in there :)

Moto

Moto

View attachment 611445
View attachment 611447
View attachment 611448
View attachment 611449
On another note. Growing has become one of my biggest passions in my life and have to say I will sacrifice a lot for it. I'm so glad that the boys are treating you right being a woman grower here. Are you currently growing and if so what strains if you don't mind me asking?

Little late to the party.. Sorry missed your thread.. :)

Nice bike and thanks for sharing.. :).. If it is called a buzz bike it means you have to toke before each ride.. LOL

Your plants look amazing.. :) Hope you don't mind me tagging along.

Moto

Moto

Phone pictures or not those are frost monsters.. :) They look great.. Looks like you been doing this for years.. ;).. Keep up the good work and learning.. Happy Plants Happy Life Happy Mama.. :)

Diane11

Diane11

Phone pictures or not those are frost monsters.. :) They look great.. Looks like you been doing this for years.. ;).. Keep up the good work and learning.. Happy Plants Happy Life Happy Mama.. :)
Thank you very much @Moto :) I'm pretty proud of them, so I really appreciate your feedback. Lots of hard work I've put into them and I don't plan on stopping any time soon! (Now that I know what I can do) lol. Thank u, thank u!!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Honored to have you stop in Moto, I have to tell that I've been needing to better read your thread and learn more about your products. I like what you are doing! I'm really loving the great friendships that I'm slowly developing with some of the dedicated growers here.
I currently have two unknown strains from seeds that are over 30 years old
I wanted to tell you nice job storing those seeds keeping them viable. You should journal them!:)

Moto

Moto

Honored to have you stop in Moto, I have to tell that I've been needing to better read your thread and learn more about your products. I like what you are doing! I'm really loving the great friendships that I'm slowly developing with some of the dedicated growers here.
I wanted to tell you nice job storing those seeds keeping them viable. You should journal them!:)

Thanks I am honored to be here.. :) Better Organix is one of my good friends baby.. who helped mentor me from synthetics and teach me..

I am just doing my part by sharing the love and knowledge he blessed me with.. :)

I don't receive anything from people purchasing any of his products.. I am just helping a friend who once helped me. :) Plus I know it grows bomb food and bud.. LOL

How friendships should be. Helping each other.. Just as I hope I can help any of my friends in anyway.. Organics or Not.. I have done both. :)

Happy Growing and look forward to following along. :)

Moto

Last edited:
Diane11

Diane11

Thank you @Orcaman :) I have a notebook with notes on everything I've done to my plants and what I've fed them and when and so on...So I'll be able to check in on that for next grow. Believe me, I was totally surprised to see that myself! Soooo glad I kept them!! Soooo glad they popped ,and SOOOO glad they're smelly!!! Lol, hoping for some:fire::fire::love2:, thanks again!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thank you @Orcaman :) I have a notebook with notes on everything I've done to my plants and what I've fed them and when and so on...So I'll be able to check in on that for next grow. Believe me, I was totally surprised to see that myself! Soooo glad I kept them!! Soooo glad they popped ,and SOOOO glad they're smelly!!! Lol, hoping for some:fire::fire::love2:, thanks again!
Diane, do you have a grow log? I haven't seen your moms seeds for a long time!

Diane11

Diane11

Diane, do you have a grow log? I haven't seen your moms seeds for a long time!
All I have is the personal journals I keep at home and the little updates I do from time to time. Here is a pic I just took of one of the hippies lol. This is at almost 8 weeks in flower, the colors are starting to change. Remember their small but I've got more in the veg room reverting ;) and they are also doing surprisingly well. Thanks @BudBogart :) :)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hello orcaman! This....when I here passion for growing it makes me happy to know it's still out there. I've wrapped my whole life around this plant and wouldn't want it any other way.my energy is directly related to my garden. When my plants get sick I get sick. As I bring them back to health so does my mental. Makes me solve problems kicks my ass into gear.
On another note. Growing has become one of my biggest passions in my life and have to say I will sacrifice a lot for it.

I'm in Colorado Springs super dry most of the year. but the veg room is usually in the 50% humidity range.
Really a dome is only needed for the first 4-5 days of rooting if that, and during that time you should be hardening them off daily. Here's a couple of steps that may help.
1. Soak your cubes and do not squeeze the water out.(a lot of folks squeeze the water out then have to water before the dome is not needed. But when you water them and put the dome back on your chances for rotted stems and roots go up tremendously)lol you should not have to water your clones until the dome is no longer needed.
2. When you stick your cut into the Rock wool do not use the pre drilled hole. They are to deep and can contribute to root/stem rot. So I poke a small hole just to the side of the hole like this.

And only go down about a half inch.
3. This is a big one, so many times I thought I had nice roots popping the dome is off so I'm watering with my pitcher. Then the problems start to show with brown roots and some dieing off, slower growth.That's because the rockwool is getting really wet at the top of the medium and semi dry on the bottom. Exact opposite of what you want. When the top is a bit drier then the bottom it tells your plants to shoot deeper with roots just like your lawn. So if you use a dome with the insert tray add a little less then a gallon of uour PhDs water undernieth the insert and let it soak about 10 minutes. Take insert out drain water and out insert back.. Check daily by weight. They will start to suck fast before to long.
This is all subjective, I'm sure there is some who would argue with these techniques and that's ok:smoking: but it works well for me and maybe you will like the results as well.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I love your method for taking cuttings GrowGod, Didn't realize that we are pretty close neighbors!:) My sister lives in woodland park. I'm definitely going to get some cubes and try it with my next cuttings. My biggest problem is I only have relative humidity in the grow areas. The main reason that I have to keep them domed generally for 14 days. My question is, After you take the cutting do you immediately put the cube in a pot or cup with your soil mix? Again thank you for taking the time to share.

Top Bottom