Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I love your method for taking cuttings GrowGod, Didn't realize that we are pretty close neighbors!:) My sister lives in woodland park. I'm definitely going to get some cubes and try it with my next cuttings. My biggest problem is I only have relative humidity in the grow areas. The main reason that I have to keep them domed generally for 14 days. My question is, After you take the cutting do you immediately put the cube in a pot or cup with your soil mix? Again thank you for taking the time to share.
My wife's parents live in woodland park! I only have realative humidity as well. Never over 60%.
No they don't go straight into soil mix/coco, after they root they get put in to the medium. I'm cutting soon so I'll take some picks

Diane11

Diane11

Hello orcaman! This....when I here passion for growing it makes me happy to know it's still out there. I've wrapped my whole life around this plant and wouldn't want it any other way.my energy is directly related to my garden. When my plants get sick I get sick. As I bring them back to health so does my mental. Makes me solve problems kicks my ass into gear.

I'm in Colorado Springs super dry most of the year. but the veg room is usually in the 50% humidity range.
Really a dome is only needed for the first 4-5 days of rooting if that, and during that time you should be hardening them off daily. Here's a couple of steps that may help.
1. Soak your cubes and do not squeeze the water out.(a lot of folks squeeze the water out then have to water before the dome is not needed. But when you water them and put the dome back on your chances for rotted stems and roots go up tremendously)lol you should not have to water your clones until the dome is no longer needed.
2. When you stick your cut into the Rock wool do not use the pre drilled hole. They are to deep and can contribute to root/stem rot. So I poke a small hole just to the side of the hole like this.View attachment 611975
And only go down about a half inch.
3. This is a big one, so many times I thought I had nice roots popping the dome is off so I'm watering with my pitcher. Then the problems start to show with brown roots and some dieing off, slower growth.That's because the rockwool is getting really wet at the top of the medium and semi dry on the bottom. Exact opposite of what you want. When the top is a bit drier then the bottom it tells your plants to shoot deeper with roots just like your lawn. So if you use a dome with the insert tray add a little less then a gallon of uour PhDs water undernieth the insert and let it soak about 10 minutes. Take insert out drain water and out insert back.. Check daily by weight. They will start to suck fast before to long.
This is all subjective, I'm sure there is some who would argue with these techniques and that's ok:smoking: but it works well for me and maybe you will like the results as well.
Well I haven't been doing it for long, but I have done it and I have to tell you... I'm never gonna use the manufactured hole ever again:) thanks @GrowGod smart...

Orcaman

Orcaman

With the bloom area too full right now I was noticing That there was very little light penetration on the outer edges. This gave me the idea to put a twist in the position of my two 300 watt led's. Shortening one cable on each light. I was amazed how much that it is helping. Here they are.
DSCN0994

Moto

Moto

With the bloom area too full right now I was noticing That there was very little light penetration on the outer edges. This gave me the idea to put a twist in the position of my two 300 watt led's. Shortening one cable on each light. I was amazed how much that it is helping. Here they are.
View attachment 612644 View attachment 612645

Great idea.. That is why I love led's.. They are so versatile.. Don't get me wrong I love my hps, but Led's have a place for sure.. :)

I have led supplemental in my hps rooms.. Never really a complaint besides the price tag on most.. hahaha

If ya feel me..

Garden is looking fantastic.. Super healthy happy girls..

Hope your doing well

Orcaman

Orcaman

I have led supplemental in my hps rooms.. Never really a complaint besides the price tag on most.. hahaha
Thanks Moto and Trucker, I still prefer HPS over LED. But having to grow in my rental conditions in this 800 square foot 110 year old cottage. Using these low budget LED's suites my cellar. Right now using a Lumitek 600 watt HPS with Hordilux bulb my bloom area temps would be right at 85 to 90 degrees with only about 20% humidity. With these 9 band LED's costing only $138.00 each my current temps are 70 to 75 degrees with 40 to 60 percent humidity. My only complaint on these lights so far is there true power draw. My power bill has not dropped using these lights as I was expecting.

Moto

Moto

Thanks Moto and Trucker, I still prefer HPS over LED. But having to grow in my rental conditions in this 800 square foot 110 year old cottage. Using these low budget LED's suites my cellar. Right now using a Lumitek 600 watt HPS with Hordilux bulb my bloom area temps would be right at 85 to 90 degrees with only about 20% humidity. With these 9 band LED's costing only $138.00 each my current temps are 70 to 75 degrees with 40 to 60 percent humidity. My only complaint on these lights so far is there true power draw. My power bill has not dropped using these lights as I was expecting.

I feel you completely.. I have an LED tester room.. An don't get me wrong.. It still produces some fire buds, but just as you said I prefer my HPS room. :)

Here is an older photograph of my LED room.. :)

Nothing Fancy, but happy girls. :)

The spotting is from Nano Breathe.. Nothing harmful. :)

Happy Growing

Moto

20160402 164015

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Saturday morning to everyone, It's been a crazy week for me and my wife with our business. It started off a little too slow and worried about cash flow. But finally picked up nicely in the last few days and now having to work the weekend. But that is just fine with me! I was very excited yesterday to see after trying two straight years that I made it into the picture of the month contest finals. I would really love to win the prize being the complete line of Nectar of the Gods. It's worth about $800.00 dollars to buy it. I'm really in the need for more votes Please, with voting ending tomorrow!:)
I need to do a complete update as soon as I have more free time. The girls are looking very nice. Here they are this morning in two pictures for now.

Here's to a great day!

Trucker

Trucker

A good Saturday morning to everyone, It's been a crazy week for me and my wife with our business. It started off a little too slow and worried about cash flow. But finally picked up nicely in the last few days and now having to work the weekend. But that is just fine with me! I was very excited yesterday to see after trying two straight years that I made it into the picture of the month contest finals. I would really love to win the prize being the complete line of Nectar of the Gods. It's worth about $800.00 dollars to buy it. I'm really in the need for more votes Please, with voting ending tomorrow!:)
I need to do a complete update as soon as I have more free time. The girls are looking very nice. Here they are this morning in two pictures for now.
View attachment 614811 View attachment 614812
Here's to a great day!
Good luck in the contest :)

Moto

Moto

View attachment 614811 View attachment 614812
Here's to a great day!

Your girls look great as always. I will swing by and throw you a vote.. have a good day friend. Glad to hear business is picking up for you.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Friday to everyone, I want thank everyone with helping me win the contest. It was a fun moment!
Here a an update on the girls. Nice to have 10 variety's going right now. Plus two of the strains I have two of each actually making 12.:)
Lets start in the nursery with the most current cuttings. Here is this poor little rainbow jones cutting . I knew that is was pretty small but love the challenge of micro clones. She is alive
Rj 1

Next are these two different pheno cherry bomb indica's cuttings taken the same time as the first image doing very well.
Cb 1

Here are my two different pheno platinum cookie x blue doggy dog's. Number 1 on the left is finally ready for 12's after a long reveg. Her predecessor being the picture of the month winner. And yes @Moto, She was very tasty with a great high! Looking forward for more, and this second is going to be a way better yield. :) Number 3 on the right was also a cutting taken the same time as the first two images. Here predecessor on day 41 in bloom today, and looking much better then the number 1 pheno.
Pc 1

Here is this Jaffa cake ready for 12's
Jc

And the other cast of caricature's in the nusery. Blue cheese, bottom left. Sweet tooth, top left. Diesel x Paki, center. Blue Og, top right. Higgs boson ,bottom right.
Cast

Starting with the bloomers It's finally harvest time here. I cut our blue cheese three days back and have three more all 62 day today ready to take one at a time. Next to come out will be this sweet tooth because as I was afraid of this plant because she not stable and is developing some flowers as you will see in the second image. She is coming out tomorrow to cut in a couple of more days a when I feed in the morning. Her cutting will also be discarded.
St 1
St 2

Next in line for harvest is this stumpy little landrace ak. She is a great taste and high but a pain to grow for always a small yield. Last run of her!
Ak 1

Ak 2

And third in line is blue og. She makes some very nice cola's no matter what her size. With this run her being very short. She is only about 18 inches tall.
Bog 1

Bog 2

I'm going to split this post having too many images for only one. Please let me finish before commenting!:)

Last edited:
Orcaman

Orcaman

Part two, Here are the remaining 6 girls also in bloom. Lets start with these next two oldest 41 days today.
First is my number 3 pheno platinum cookie x blue doggy dogg ready to be tied up in the morning while I feed all of the other plants. She is starting to turn purple and smelling great!:)
Pc 2

Pc 3

Next is our diesel x paki. This my oldest strain going. Like six years now!:)
Kwd 1

Kwd 2

These next two are 34 days today. First is higgs boson ready to be staked and tied up. This run is really triching up!
Hb 1

Hb 2

Next is rainbow jones. She really put on the stretch so I super cropped her many days back. Hoping to see her go purple as stated by the breeder!:)
Rj 2

Rj 3

And to finish here are these two just gorgeous cherry bomb indica's at 28 days today. I just love the leaf structure on these two. Both are so similar in stature. First with CB number 1 pheno.
Cb 1 1

Cb 1 2

CB number 2 pheno is more further along with trich activity then number 1
Cb 2 1

Cb 2 2

That was a lot of catching up! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Moto

Moto

Part two, Here are the remaining 6 girls also in bloom. Lets start with these next two oldest 41 days today.
First is my number 3 pheno platinum cookie x blue doggy dogg ready to be tied up in the morning while I feed all of the other plants. She is starting to turn purple and smelling great!:)
View attachment 616598
View attachment 616599
Next is our diesel x paki. This my oldest strain going. Like six years now!:)
View attachment 616600
View attachment 616601
These next two are 34 days today. First is higgs boson ready to be staked and tied up. This run is really triching up!
View attachment 616603
View attachment 616604
Next is rainbow jones. She really put on the stretch so I super cropped her many days back. Hoping to see her go purple as stated by the breeder!:)
View attachment 616605
View attachment 616606
And to finish here are these two just gorgeous cherry bomb indica's at 28 days today. I just love the leaf structure on these two. Both are so similar in stature. First with CB number 1 pheno.
View attachment 616607
View attachment 616608
CB number 2 pheno is more further along with trich activity then number 1
View attachment 616609
View attachment 616610
That was a lot of catching up! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

All your plants look absolutely amazing and happy.. :D Keep up the good work and hope your having a good weekend. :)

Moto

Latest posts

Top Bottom