Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

I wonder what im doing wrong. When I mix mine up I always come in at 7.2-7.5 that's with pH of 7 tap? That's even at half strength
Question, What kind of filtration are you using on your tap water? I'm using the New Wave 10 stage filter.
The Premium 10 Stage Filter contains the premier, patented, 10-Stage contaminant removing filter. It lasts three times as long as the common carbon block filters (1500 gallons versus 500 gallons). It filters contaminants by bonding the contaminants with the media inside the filter. The Premium 10 Stage Filter removes or greatly reduces the following: chlorine, cancer causing organic/chlorine compounds called trihalomethanes (THM), bad odors, e.g., hydrogen sulfide which gives water a rotten egg smell, pesticides, herbicides, PCB's, toxic heavy metals i.e., lead, cadmium, organic arsenic, asbestos, micro-organisms (protozoa and cysts) such as cryptosporidium and giardia, and dozens of other lesser known organic contaminants.

incogneato

incogneato

Question, What kind of filtration are you using on your tap water? I'm using the New Wave 10 stage filter.
The Premium 10 Stage Filter contains the premier, patented, 10-Stage contaminant removing filter. It lasts three times as long as the common carbon block filters (1500 gallons versus 500 gallons). It filters contaminants by bonding the contaminants with the media inside the filter. The Premium 10 Stage Filter removes or greatly reduces the following: chlorine, cancer causing organic/chlorine compounds called trihalomethanes (THM), bad odors, e.g., hydrogen sulfide which gives water a rotten egg smell, pesticides, herbicides, PCB's, toxic heavy metals i.e., lead, cadmium, organic arsenic, asbestos, micro-organisms (protozoa and cysts) such as cryptosporidium and giardia, and dozens of other lesser known organic contaminants.
The ph of water is not the issue. The alkalinity is. Maybe your water is harder to acidify.
I'm using a Brita pitcher :speechless: I think you may be right @MIMedGrower when I was using ro water the pH was about what orca said when I mixed my nutes. I go through quite a bit of pH down. I'm just getting going so I'm sure you guys know where I'm at. Money is flying out the window at a high rate for my new hobby lol. I do have a wife and kids to put first so I have been feathering my purchases in as I can. I would definitely appreciate suggestions on affordable options on filtration.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm using a Brita pitcher :speechless: I think you may be right @MIMedGrower when I was using ro water the pH was about what orca said when I mixed my nutes. I go through quite a bit of pH down. I'm just getting going so I'm sure you guys know where I'm at. Money is flying out the window at a high rate for my new hobby lol. I do have a wife and kids to put first so I have been feathering my purchases in as I can. I would definitely appreciate suggestions on affordable options on filtration.

You can get a free water test and find out about your alkalinity and bacteria and such by calling a water filter/ delivery company like culligan.

No way to know what to do next without some info.

Your source waters ec/[email protected]. And ph helps if you know it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ppm @.5 100 pH 7
I'll have to check into the free water test, thanks

100 ppm water is almost perfect for all applications if it is mostly calcium. 150 is the recommended baseline in most guides as average and needs no acidity added. The nutes and uptake of the plant should balance out. It's a nice stable base relatively low alkalinity. And likely low on mag like mine but most nutes have it. The buffers in the potting mix should be enough to bring the ph back up if stubborn.

This is how I understand this anyway.

I can't imagine your tap water is a problem?

incogneato

incogneato

100 ppm water is almost perfect for all applications if it is mostly calcium. 150 is the recommended baseline in most guides as average and needs no acidity added. The nutes and uptake of the plant should balance out. It's a nice stable base relatively low alkalinity. And likely low on mag like mine but most nutes have it. The buffers in the potting mix should be enough to bring the ph back up if stubborn.

This is how I understand this anyway.

I can't imagine your tap water is a problem?
I don't think it's so much a problem as I just have to pH down my nutes instead of up like Orca. When I'm not doing dumb shit my girls grow great lol

incogneato

incogneato

The thing is having to PH down all the time is a lot harder on the whole plant being Phosphoric acid compared to the PH up being liquid Calcium that benefits the plant.
That's what I don't like about it. So either I go back to buying ro for now, or get a filtration system.

Orcaman

Orcaman

The remote filter I'm using is very affordable. Right now at Amazon they are $77.00. The filter cartridge is good for a year and they [email protected]. It's nice to have on demand filtered water on the kitchen faucet for all of our needs. They also have a filter for your shower head that just removes Chlorine.
616df9nmaYL._SL1000_.jpg

incogneato

incogneato

The remote filter I'm using is very affordable. Right now at Amazon they are $77.00. The filter cartridge is good for a year and they [email protected]. It's nice to have on demand filtered water on the kitchen faucet for all of our needs. They also have a filter for your shower head that just removes Chlorine.
616df9nmaYL._SL1000_.jpg
That is affordable, im definitely gonna check it out. Waiting for 4 gallons of water to filter through a Brita pitcher is time I don't have

Oracle Organics

Oracle Organics

A good Saturday to everyone on this 9th day of the new year. Things are a little uptight for me after making my first purchase here sent out on the 14th of last month and still not here. I sent logic a pm a couple of days back stating this and being optimistic about it with no reply. In all my years of purchasing seeds I have never had an order not show up and will say that two of those two orders were seized by customs but still receiving the package with their green tape stating they opened the package and the letter inside stating why with full replacement from those purchasers. I feeling like I will lose $100.00 to my first ever Bitcoin purchase. On to better things and some of the current grow.
Lets start in the nursery. First is this Sweet Tooth #2 This will be her last grow after a fun reveg, liking Sweet Tooth #1 better.
View attachment 562230
Here is Sweet Tooth #1 in her second run.
View attachment 562232
Grape Head in her second run and looking great.
View attachment 562235
View attachment 562236
View attachment 562237
Next is this gorgeous Blue Cheese newby.
View attachment 562238
View attachment 562239 View attachment 562240
Jaffa cake. If you notice these last two are three topped. This is achieved by finger pinching topping.
View attachment 562251 View attachment 562252
Last is this latest Higgs Boson cutting looking great.
View attachment 562261

Hope the mail makes my day better today!:)
Do you still have Grapehead?

Top Bottom