Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Saturday to everyone, Its been a pretty hectic week and not enough to show for it!
Here is just a couple of shots being both of my grow areas. Pretty happy both Sweet Dawgs are females and moved one of them into 12's. I should be able to sex out these 6 testers soon.
The nursery area
N

The Bloom area
B

Here's to a great weekend even though I'm headed to work!:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Saturday afternoon to everyone, First is a prayer for peace and prosperity in this world! Amen!
Here are the newbies I have going. Its been fun growing some testers for Grave Digger. Here are my five new girls out of eight seeds.
Super Snow
3 1

3 2

4 1

4 2

5 1

5 2

6 1

6 2

7 1

7 2

Next is this interesting freebie. I find her very attractive with her purple stems and aggressive alternation for a first run.
Free 1

Free 2

And to finish are these very pheno different Sweet Dawgs. The first is still in veg.
Sd 1 1

Sd 2

This Sweet Dawg has been in bloom for right at ten days.
Sd 2 1

Sd 2 2

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Amen brother! They're looking strong. Got a few questions for ya if you dont mind. What causes that leaf tip curl? I have it on my starfighter x lbl's also. I noticed on one of those super snows that you cut the fan leaf off but left the stem, whats the reasoning behind that? And finally, did that freebie splitbon its own or did you top her? Thanks for sharing the knowledge and keep up the good work on the potm contest!​

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good morning incogneato, About ten days back I had another small outbreak of mites and had to treat all of the plants with mitcide. That treatment caused the leaf curl. Plus caused some pretty good leaf damage on the testers, Check out this image from a week ago of one of the Super Snows showing the damage. Overfeeding and to much PH fluctuation can also cause leaf curl.
4-1-jpg.663648

Here is the same plant yesterday looking much better now with some defoliation of the lower damaged fan leaves. When I defoliate I like to leave most of the leaf stem remaining on the plant. It will then dry up and fall off in a few more days. I believe this method is a lot less stressful to the plant.
3-1-jpg.665496

And to answer your final question. The unknown freebie was topped. I almost always do at least one topping on a first run to control height and help out the yield.
Happy Sunday and hope this helps!:)

Srenots

Srenots

Good morning incogneato, About ten days back I had another small outbreak of mites and had to treat all of the plants with mitcide. That treatment caused the leaf curl. Plus caused some pretty good leaf damage on the testers, Check out this image from a week ago of one of the Super Snows showing the damage. Overfeeding and to much PH fluctuation can also cause leaf curl.
4-1-jpg.663648

Here is the same plant yesterday looking much better now with some defoliation of the lower damaged fan leaves. When I defoliate I like to leave most of the leaf stem remaining on the plant. It will then dry up and fall off in a few more days. I believe this method is a lot less stressful to the plant.
3-1-jpg.665496

And to answer your final question. The unknown freebie was topped. I almost always do at least one topping on a first run to control height and help out the yield.
Happy Sunday and hope this helps!:)
looks great ... comin back just fine...hate them lil buggers too..

incogneato

incogneato

Im going to have to try that defoliation technique. I figured out where my curl/burn came from. I Experimented with vitamin c in the water to remove chlorine. I did a foliar with that water and burned my ladies. I stopped doing foliars now and they all look happier. As always thanks for sharing the knowledge orca.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Just crazy record setting temps here in Denver with record snow pack above in the mountains. Last Friday it was 81 degrees. Yesterday it was 73 degrees so I stared cleaning up the garden beds outside exposing some bulb flowers already coming up.
Dutch iris
Hiensent

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Saturday to everyone, Want to do a short update before some much needed house chores. It is just so hard to keep up with time in this day and age. I'm going to have get creative because I now have too many females ready to move into 12's growing perpetually. Testing these Super Snows I really was not expecting 5 girls out of 8 seeds. To move them all forward I'm going to take cuttings of my keepers so they stay in veg for now. Plus taking cuttings of all of the testers to find a keeper or two.
Veg

Here are the current five in the bloom area doing very well and a few bud shots.
Bloom

Sd

Free

Dp

Bog

incogneato

incogneato

A good Saturday to everyone, Want to do a short update before some much needed house chores. It is just so hard to keep up with time in this day and age. I'm going to have get creative because I now have too many females ready to move into 12's growing perpetually. Testing these Super Snows I really was not expecting 5 girls out of 8 seeds. To move them all forward I'm going to take cuttings of my keepers so they stay in veg for now. Plus taking cuttings of all of the testers to find a keeper or two.
View attachment 670356
Here are the current five in the bloom area doing very well and a few bud shots.
View attachment 670350
View attachment 670355
View attachment 670354
View attachment 670353
View attachment 670352
What a fortunate problem to have Orca! They all look super happy as always! I've taken your advice to heart and decided to grab a few more bottles of nftg. Any advice on which of their products you have added above the advanced line? Have a blessed and prosperous day brother! Side note: I'm really enjoying the new format for the potm contest, can't wait to take my hat home in a few months haha!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Thanks for dropping in MIMedGrower, Glad that I could oblige! I like your avatar!:)

Also nice to hear from you Foxlink, The fuzzy one is a Blue OG now harvested. Grew her out four times and ready to move on. Just not that keeper!

Hey incogneato, Sorry that I have not gotten back sooner with your question on the nectar line. I really think that the complete line is the way to go if you are going to continue being one of the most critical investments in your garden. I keep adding as I go starting with a quart to try and then use to dispense while keeping a gallon or bigger of each for supply. Here is what I'm currently using.

Medusas Magic, Soil Nutrient
Gala Mania, Suppliment
Zeus Juice, Growth Enhancer
Herculeen Harvest, Liquid Bone Meal
Athenas Aminas Amino Acids
Dementers Destiny, Liquid Calcium
Mega Morpheus, Guano Tea
Aphrodites Extraction, Carbon
Poseidonzyme, Natural Chelator
Tritons Trawl, Fish Bone Meal
Bloom Chaos, Bloom Enhancer
Hades Down, PH Adjuster
Olympus Up, PH Adjuster

I Still want to add.
Hygeia Hydration, Yucca Extract
Pegasus Potion, Feather Tea
The Kraken, Crab and Shrimp

I'm also using a few more things being
General Organics Cal Mag+ as a Mag supplement
SLF-100, Soil Enzymatic
OSA 28, Plant Available Silicon
Colony X, Microbial Inoculant
Deep 6, Pharma-Grade Organic Acids

My plants get better food and care then me!:)

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks for dropping in MIMedGrower, Glad that I could oblige! I like your avatar!:)

Also nice to hear from you Foxlink, The fuzzy one is a Blue OG now harvested. Grew her out four times and ready to move on. Just not that keeper!

Hey incogneato, Sorry that I have not gotten back sooner with your question on the nectar line. I really think that the complete line is the way to go if you are going to continue being one of the most critical investments in your garden. I keep adding as I go starting with a quart to try and then use to dispense while keeping a gallon or bigger of each for supply. Here is what I'm currently using.

Medusas Magic, Soil Nutrient
Gala Mania, Suppliment
Zeus Juice, Growth Enhancer
Herculeen Harvest, Liquid Bone Meal
Athenas Aminas Amino Acids
Dementers Destiny, Liquid Calcium
Mega Morpheus, Guano Tea
Aphrodites Extraction, Carbon
Poseidonzyme, Natural Chelator
Tritons Trawl, Fish Bone Meal
Bloom Chaos, Bloom Enhancer
Hades Down, PH Adjuster
Olympus Up, PH Adjuster

I Still want to add.
Hygeia Hydration, Yucca Extract
Pegasus Potion, Feather Tea
The Kraken, Crab and Shrimp

I'm also using a few more things being
General Organics Cal Mag+ as a Mag supplement
SLF-100, Soil Enzymatic
OSA 28, Plant Available Silicon
Colony X, Microbial Inoculant
Deep 6, Pharma-Grade Organic Acids

My plants get better food and care then me!:)
Thanks for the reply, I will definitely use that as a blueprint. Some of the additives are on my list. I'm not using a silicone yet. I don't have microbes either. I do use mykos. Until I can get the full line I use epsom for mag, molasses instead of Aphrodites, and I have that guano tea mix I'll use in place of mega morpheus. I also have some general organics root booster I throw in from time to time. I'm with you though, I'd love to use the full line and see its true potential

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Friday evening to everyone, It was a busy day in the garden today with feeding this morning and then taking cuttings and do some much needed defoliation. Wanted to share my afternoons work. Lets start with the cuttings and want to say that I think a few hours after feeding is the prime window for healthy clones. Five of them are the Super Snow testers that have been in bloom now for a week. Two are Cherry Bomb Indica's currently in veg but just getting too big. Last is a first run Sweet Dawg also just getting too big in veg with no room in the bloom area.
All

All 2

Here are my main components to help these cuttings be happy!
Sups

I needed some more cloning gel normally using RooTech but my store was out of the size that I buy so I bought some Clonex instead. My store also turned me on to some sample bottles of Mammoth P active microbials. I very excided to try this out already using a similar product being Colony X. What I really love is this company is local for me here in Colorado. Here is a link to there site.
https://mammothmicrobes.com/mammoth-p/?v=7516fd43adaa
To enhance the hormones in the cloning gel I use MadFarmer's Be One vitamin b supplement as a soil drench. Plus it has a nice 1-1-1 NPK value for starting seeds and cuttings.
Here in Denver even using a ten stage filter the water is very alkaline. This afternoon it was a nice 7.8 PH reading. I really like the Nectar for the Gods PH up, and PH down for their gentleness. I have found with this product when lowering just water PH it will creep back up some. I took it down to 6.0 PH. After ten plus minutes it was at the recommended 6.4 base point.
Ph

I was thinking it would be fun to show some before and after defoliation images. First is our long time favorite Diesel x Paki.
Dp 1

Dp 2

Next is this unknown freebie that my wife thinks looks like elk antlers and is starting to smell very hazy.
Free 1

Free 2
Next is one of our two Kodiak Gold's on its second run also staked and tied up .
Kg 1

Kg 2

And last is this very pretty Sweet Dawg on its first run. I only removed her main fan leaves.
Sd 1

Sd 2

Hope everyone has a great weekend!:)

Srenots

Srenots

A good Friday evening to everyone, It was a busy day in the garden today with feeding this morning and then taking cuttings and do some much needed defoliation. Wanted to share my afternoons work. Lets start with the cuttings and want to say that I think a few hours after feeding is the prime window for healthy clones. Five of them are the Super Snow testers that have been in bloom now for a week. Two are Cherry Bomb Indica's currently in veg but just getting too big. Last is a first run Sweet Dawg also just getting too big in veg with no room in the bloom area.View attachment 672688
View attachment 672687
View attachment 672699
I needed some more cloning gel normally using RooTech but my store was out of the size that I buy so I bought some Clonex instead. My store also turned me on to some sample bottles of Mammoth P active microbials. I very excided to try this out already using a similar product being Colony X. What I really love is this company is local for me here in Colorado. Here is a link to there site.
To enhance the hormones in the cloning gel I use MadFarmer's Be One vitamin b supplement as a soil drench. Plus it has a nice 1-1-1 NPK value for starting seeds and cuttings.
Here in Denver even using a ten stage filter the water is very alkaline. This afternoon it was a nice 7.8 PH reading. I really like the Nectar for the Gods PH up, and PH down for their gentleness. I have found with this product when lowering just water PH it will creep back up some. I took it down to 6.0 PH. After ten plus minutes it was at the recommended 6.4 base point.
View attachment 672695
I was thinking it would be fun to show some before and after defoliation images. First is our long time favorite Diesel x Paki.
View attachment 672689
View attachment 672690
Next is this unknown freebie that my wife thinks looks like elk antlers and is starting to smell very hazy.
View attachment 672691
View attachment 672692 Next is one of our two Kodiak Gold's on its second run also staked and tied up .
View attachment 672693
View attachment 672694
And last is this very pretty Sweet Dawg on its first run. I only removed her main fan leaves.
View attachment 672697
View attachment 672698
the unknown ....very Hazy ...luv some Hazy ... nice

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A good Friday evening to everyone, It was a busy day in the garden today with feeding this morning and then taking cuttings and do some much needed defoliation. Wanted to share my afternoons work. Lets start with the cuttings and want to say that I think a few hours after feeding is the prime window for healthy clones. Five of them are the Super Snow testers that have been in bloom now for a week. Two are Cherry Bomb Indica's currently in veg but just getting too big. Last is a first run Sweet Dawg also just getting too big in veg with no room in the bloom area.View attachment 672688
View attachment 672687
View attachment 672699
View attachment 672695
View attachment 672689
View attachment 672690
View attachment 672691
View attachment 672692 Next is one of our two Kodiak Gold's on its second run also staked and tied up .
View attachment 672693
View attachment 672694
View attachment 672697
View attachment 672698

That is a really nice centerpiece for your dining table. ;-)

Top Bottom