• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

This is the cover crop I'm using this is on my friends instagram page
Screenshot 2015 01 25 20 28 54

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I use Buckwheat and Austrian peas in my veggie garden cause they will die when I mow them and not regenerate, and I find they break down quit readily.

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

I use Buckwheat and Austrian peas in my veggie garden cause they will die when I mow them and not regenerate, and I find they break down quit readily.

I'm honestly experimenting with cover crops I like me so far but so u know any of the advantages and disadvantages of certain cover crops I was thinkin I saw a clover mix with other stuff and I was thinking clovers would be cool

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I love idea of cover crop, using nature to help is a win, the idea of a cover crop is that it lives to fix nutrients in the soil and dies to add compost and nutrients to the soil food web. Granted the proper composting technique is utilized. So you will benefit because I will gamble you reuse your soil. Anyone using Bokashi should be familiar with anaerobic fermentation as a style of compost.

Essentially what you specifically are doing is fixing nutrients in the soil and when you chop your plant and re-compost the soil you will be killing and composting that cover crop. Idealy you can grow anything as a cover crop but when you are mono culture such as cannabis potato peelings are great, higher in potassium than banana peals, but your not going to grow potatoes as a cover crop.

That being said your cannabis plant is a cover crop, you will kill it, you should shred it and compost it for future use, makes sense as the plant already has taken up what it needs and you are simply returning some of those components to the soil for reuptake. There are very specific plants you can grow and compost that will help with regenerating your soil. Just takes some reading.

Canal

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

If you grow some alfalfa, thistle, and Nettles, and add them to your compost pile, or even mix in some home made Lacto bacillus mix it all in and cover with a tarp and let it cook for a will you will get some real rich compost aimed at Cannabis specifically.

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

If you grow some alfalfa, thistle, and Nettles, and add them to your compost pile, or even mix in some home made Lacto bacillus mix it all in and cover with a tarp and let it cook for a will you will get some real rich compost aimed at Cannabis specifically.
Awesome thanks for dropping some knowledge bombs :)

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

My soil is coming to life before my eyes with the Southernot Oregon Bo Kashi and the cannabis mulch. I also added some lovely vermicompost my friend made here's some things to look at ;p I also just did a EWC and black strap molasses foliar tonight after a 30 hour brew and then after I foliar sprayed I added 3/4ths of a cup of coconut water to about 3 1/2 gallons of water. That will brew till after noon tomorrow and then I'll gently water that into the rhizosphere 3 quarts of water per plant and each plant is in a 10 gallon pot. I don't really receive any runoff this way sometime a very tiny amount comes out but not unless I do 4 quarts so I just do 3 now.

FOT4C74
FOT38BC
FOT16CC

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

Holy cow man! gorgeous plant :)

Thank you love, passion, education and A desire to always get better is what makes you a good Grower in my opinion don't get stuck in your ways constantly be improving your game and before you know it you crops will be stellar! If you haven't read Teaming with Microbes or Teaming with Nutrients get those books buy them read them and never let go of them :)

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

Just beautiful man, what a frost machine. You definitely have the green thumb.

Much appreciated I'm young still and have a long time ahead of me to grow and improve I have had a love for all plants since a very young age and got involved with growing cannabis when I was 14 I have been part of the Oregon medical marijuana program since I was 18 and I'm now 23 my body's not in the best shape I don't have as much strength as I'd like but the cannabis plant is a very therapeutic plant to grow and I enjoy being around its energy

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

If you haven't read Teaming with Microbes or Teaming with Nutrients get those books buy them read them and never let go of them :)

I have both books (my precious) and they changed a lot of the ways I do things. I also saw the author on a ppanel at the Emerald cup with Jorge and another lady from Dragon Flyer Earth Medicine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom