Oregun Hemp season 2022 Do It Or Die!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
omg I'm so fucking exhausted, guys. I think I bit off way more than I can chew this year 🤠

It's all the weeding that's kicking my ass... Fuck tumbleweeds and sunflowers. Just sayin'

tobh

tobh

Supporter
omg I'm so fucking exhausted, guys. I think I bit off way more than I can chew this year 🤠

It's all the weeding that's kicking my ass... Fuck tumbleweeds and sunflowers. Just sayin'
that russian thistle is some ruthless shit man. a torch might help to ease the back and make effective work of killing the seedlings, though your region is pretty damn dry so might not be viable.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
28A3AEFC FFD1 4BAB B062 745D5E72633E

3F8085D4 8AE8 468B A522 A0565B1F2597

As you can see viable seeds are a critical key to success. Unfortunately because of my suppliers claims of being 90 something % viability as tested at oregun state university! I will eat 1/2 this FIELD!!!
Bull fucking shit!!!!
Told the dude this ain’t my first rodeo as he’s choking making up excuses!

chemistry

chemistry

Feel for you D, its a big lay out and a lot of work just to break even, cuttings from your best stock would be the way to go, but growing enough donor plants would be a nightmares worth of work on a plot that size.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Yeah bro believe me I'm not the happiest camper over the seed quality - however I will say the 2nd batch of seeds they sent me had a much better germination rate. But yeah, they tried the same thing on me, referred me to a "How-To Guide" on sprouting their seeds - as if I've never done this before 😒

So yeah I'm in the same boat now I've got a thousand tiny plants that will never put out a pound per plant between now and harvest - the ones that did sprout out of the first batch of 1,000 seeds are going to do much better but not nearly as many plants as we should have had..

I'm with Mr. Chemistry on this one - I saved 50 or so seeds from the 2nd batch they sent - I intend on sprouting them after inspection/testing from this year's crop. Will grow them out all winter and clone the shit out of them come next Spring. I have literally thousands of Root Riot plugs, dozens of domes and trays - I figure to clone my way to 2,000-3,000 plants for next year - provided the genetics for this strain are what they say they are, and they pass the THC testing..

Yeah, was really hoping to make a decent profit this year but ONCE AGAIN it looks like I've gotta try to grow the monster plants next year..

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

That sucks. You should let us know what strain and company it was if that is allowed. We’re those the CBG ones?

I got some seeds like that last time I grew but I only bought a small sampling. It just blows my mind that they will sell untested genetics. Who would let that out their door?

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
That sucks. You should let us know what strain and company it was if that is allowed. We’re those the CBG ones?

I got some seeds like that last time I grew but I only bought a small sampling. It just blows my mind that they will sell untested genetics. Who would let that out their door?
I don't like to trash talk people or companies because I know mistakes happen and nobody is perfect. I will say I personally feel they handled the situation well and did not hesitate to send me a new batch of seeds after I reported the problem to them. Perhaps they could have humbled themselves a bit more and not been so quick to point the fault in our direction, but they sent me a 2nd batch of seeds fairly quickly and, for me, the 2nd batch ended up being much better..

I won't outright say who it was but if you delve deeper into this thread, both 1diesel1 and I have posted pictures of the seed packages we received. You can figure it out from there..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
So I went with this supplier because of the owners relationship to the hemp industry here in oregun. The dude sits on tho OHA board here and is deeply involved in the federal hemp industry. My thought was maybe this guy no’s what he’s doing and most likely there would be no issues with germination and THC content at the end of the plant’s cycle.
Well I was completely wrong on the germination aspect let’s just keep our fingers crossed that our CBG is high and THC is low.
@Garbage_bear the name of the seed company is posted in this thread at the beginning, I don’t want to bring that sore subject back up again:(

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I don't like to trash talk people or companies because I know mistakes happen and nobody is perfect. I will say I personally feel they handled the situation well and did not hesitate to send me a new batch of seeds after I reported the problem to them. Perhaps they could have humbled themselves a bit more and not been so quick to point the fault in our direction, but they sent me a 2nd batch of seeds fairly quickly and, for me, the 2nd batch ended up being much better..

I won't outright say who it was but if you delve deeper into this thread, both 1diesel1 and I have posted pictures of the seed packages we received. You can figure it out from there..
I actually made a point with them to call you when we first started out on our quest with there seeds.
He called you back a couple hours after I contacted them. I think we got a better response when they saw I was in oregun not far from there production site.
I was ready to drive down there that day if I didn’t get the answers I was looking for!

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I actually made a point with them to call you when we first started out on our quest with there seeds.
He called you back a couple hours after I contacted them. I think we got a better response when they saw I was in oregun not far from there production site.
I was ready to drive down there that day if I didn’t get the answers I was looking for!
Yeah I'm starting to question their business ethics, myself.. And yes let's pray for THC compliance!!!! I'm not even worried so much about CBG % at this point as just passing the damn test.. If I have to destroy another crop this year... Idk what I'm going to do...

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
I wish i could help. If there were buttons i could press to reduce this in the future it would be seed coatings.
And bigAg knows how to get bulk seed coatings applied in layers of goodness. They don't have high mortality rates in seeds or seedlings and it's imperative it stays that way, let's put it that way.
So even maybe garage DIY inoculants could help you row crop guys.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

So I went with this supplier because of the owners relationship to the hemp industry here in oregun. The dude sits on tho OHA board here and is deeply involved in the federal hemp industry. My thought was maybe this guy no’s what he’s doing and most likely there would be no issues with germination and THC content at the end of the plant’s cycle.
Well I was completely wrong on the germination aspect let’s just keep our fingers crossed that our CBG is high and THC is low.
@Garbage_bear the name of the seed company is posted in this thread at the beginning, I don’t want to bring that sore subject back up again:(
I understand. It just pisses me off and I am not you lol. There are so many shady people in the cannabis business. I started a hemp business to breed seeds for farmers. I had two strains that I was working on for feminized seeds. One was a cherry and one a purple strain. I bred thousands of seeds and but they were of a strain that's just a little too high in THC when they changed the rules to total THC instead of just delta9 THC for testing. So I went to the purple strain but it was so stable I couldn't herm them.

The cherry had too much variety and I realized it would take several seasons to truly make them stable. So nothing was sold. Its just the ethical thing to do. Plus there were people ripping people off left and right selling crap genetics. People lost millions in central Oregon. I went out of business because of all the red tape and how expensive it is just to operate. But when I was sourcing genetics, one company that I did get some genetics from were selling seeds for farmers. They required a test from a lab to sell for people and they told me that 99% of the tests that came in were altered or photoshopped to make them look better. I think they grew out the plants to test and nothing was even close to what people were claiming. They said they had around 100 seed breeders they were going to sell for and only like five were legit.

I guess what I am trying to say is there are just a lot of shady people out there just trying to make a buck. With all the stuff you mentioned I would have bought from those guys as well and got burned. Sorry for your loss. Maybe find the right genetics and just breed your own seeds. Colloidal silver is the method I used.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I understand. It just pisses me off and I am not you lol. There are so many shady people in the cannabis business. I started a hemp business to breed seeds for farmers. I had two strains that I was working on for feminized seeds. One was a cherry and one a purple strain. I bred thousands of seeds and but they were of a strain that's just a little too high in THC when they changed the rules to total THC instead of just delta9 THC for testing. So I went to the purple strain but it was so stable I couldn't herm them.

The cherry had too much variety and I realized it would take several seasons to truly make them stable. So nothing was sold. Its just the ethical thing to do. Plus there were people ripping people off left and right selling crap genetics. People lost millions in central Oregon. I went out of business because of all the red tape and how expensive it is just to operate. But when I was sourcing genetics, one company that I did get some genetics from were selling seeds for farmers. They required a test from a lab to sell for people and they told me that 99% of the tests that came in were altered or photoshopped to make them look better. I think they grew out the plants to test and nothing was even close to what people were claiming. They said they had around 100 seed breeders they were going to sell for and only like five were legit.

I guess what I am trying to say is there are just a lot of shady people out there just trying to make a buck. With all the stuff you mentioned I would have bought from those guys as well and got burned. Sorry for your loss. Maybe find the right genetics and just breed your own seeds. Colloidal silver is the method I used.
Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about anything cherry in the hemp industry. It's on the blacklist in a lot of states now. Stay away from "Cat's Meow" as well, as I personally had to destroy that crop last year due to testing @ 0.42% THC..

It's hard to say where the hemp industry is going in the future. Long term, I think it's worth it. As for right now, hemp planting and harvesting in the US is down BIG TIME compared to 2019. Registered acres are going down, as well. Hopefully the prices start to stabilize and go back up, now that quite a few farmers have dropped out of the hemp game. Or, it could just crash, all together. Either way I intend to keep farming it as long as it is still legal. There are a lot of things that are going to have to change for the industry to thrive, in my humble opinion. Starting with raising the THC threshold to 1%.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Can i ask if clones are not a viable option? I would think youd only need to find a single plant that would test under the THC limit and then just run swathes of that clone?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Can i ask if clones are not a viable option? I would think youd only need to find a single plant that would test under the THC limit and then just run swathes of that clone?
In a perfect world, yes.
But time is money and cloning takes a lot of time. Especially when you dealing with 100s of clones.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
That's essentially what I plan to do for next year. One problem is we don't get to pick and choose which plants are sampled/tested (unless we want to pay for testing from somewhere else) because the State sends out approved "Samplers" to come out, inspect your operation, and take samples. Then they send them to a lab to be tested.

Last year we had a young lady come out, that struck me as having the same attitude as a "by-the-book cop".. Couldn't even get a smile let alone a laugh out of that woman.. She took samples from 9 different plants and left. Then, according to the people at the Dept. of Agriculture, they blend all the samples into a "homogenous mix" and test that. So, there's not even any way to tell which plant had higher THC than another, or etc.

Testing this year is a little different in CO- apparently we have the option to choose our own sampler/lab from a State provided, approved list of samplers and labs.. The prices are also twice as much as what we paid last year having the State do it. Go figure.

With this strain, we should have literally ZERO issues with coming up hot, no matter what. That is, if the genetics are what they say they are.. But if it does, I don't know if trying to find a compliant plant out of the bunch will be worth it, or not. Some of these labs wanting over 300 dollars for 1 test.. I don't know if I can even afford that gamble..

I'm kind of in the same boat as Diesel.. I live on a disability check and this Hemp business is supposed to help me and the Wife have a decent retirement... If it doesn't work out this year, I'm going to have a hell of a time convincing the Wife to try again next year..

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
i bleed for you guys, you know i want to help Deadstill from private convos....but im stuck in Texas and waiting. $300 for official hemp test kits?...can you just get a standard cannabinoid profile done? are those $300? so what if you get a report showing all the terps and cannabinoids that don't matter in hemp, what would matter is the test showing 0.4% THC.

You guys need a guild, everyone pool up and get the damn plants that don't pop hot.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Oh yeah man I totally forgot about that - I might have to take you up on your offer for next season! I'm absolutely exhausted this year. Approximately 1,776 plants right now.. 100% solo is .. insane...

The Wife is sending me a Native Hawaiian on Tuesday. He's a 100% authentic Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy). Could have used the help weeks ago but I'll take what I can get at this point!

Latest posts

Top Bottom