Oregun Hemp season 2022 Do It Or Die!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Oh yeah man I totally forgot about that - I might have to take you up on your offer for next season! I'm absolutely exhausted this year. Approximately 1,776 plants right now.. 100% solo is .. insane...

The Wife is sending me a Native Hawaiian on Tuesday. He's a 100% authentic Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy). Could have used the help weeks ago but I'll take what I can get at this point!
Pre flowers yet?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Pre flowers yet?
Not yet but any day now, I reckon. I just found a couple pre-flowers on my weed plants this morning, that get slightly less sun than the hemp, so I know it's about to start in the hemp any day now. I give it another week or so.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
What did you decide to grow this year? How about a few pics of them. Please! Take it easy.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
OMG the Wife just sent me help from Kauai and I just got the most awesome Hawaiian Uncle a farmer could ask for - I've been running this ranch solo for 8 months working my body into the dirt.. Finally good help has arrived! Should be a great year, now! I'm super excited just to have somebody to talk to besides an animal 🤠

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
4AF050F1 6371 4618 A575 7D1B50C62AE9
427232A9 E520 4EB8 BCCE D4B6AD1D8B6B
0E48E5AB C83D 44E0 A574 8C18013376A9
7F541E18 EFBD 4681 9943 A13F950D06A8

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Bro, I was in the field watering last night and found one of my plants grew 3 times bigger than all the rest - I had to double check to make sure it was female, but it definitely is. I am going to clone the shit out of that plant, seems like a super good phenotype. You got any plants like this in your crop, that seem to be quite a bit larger than all the rest? I think this one will make great clones for next year's crops. I'll post a pic a little later.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Bro, I was in the field watering last night and found one of my plants grew 3 times bigger than all the rest - I had to double check to make sure it was female, but it definitely is. I am going to clone the shit out of that plant, seems like a super good phenotype. You got any plants like this in your crop, that seem to be quite a bit larger than all the rest? I think this one will make great clones for next year's crops. I'll post a pic a little later.
A few weeks ago there were 2 that surpassed all the others, but everything else caught up in the last 3 weeks.
I am completely and utterly disappointed with this company’s product at this point.
I’m hoping for a turn around in the next couple weeks. Luckily this year I am prepared for failure and learning from my mistakes.
There is a lot to learn to take on overseeing 550 + plants while juggling a full time job.
The key is automation with strict oversight.
Ultimately my goal is to utilize the hole acre to its full capacity and produce high CBG flower for medicinal purposes.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
A few weeks ago there were 2 that surpassed all the others, but everything else caught up in the last 3 weeks.
I am completely and utterly disappointed with this company’s product at this point.
I’m hoping for a turn around in the next couple weeks. Luckily this year I am prepared for failure and learning from my mistakes.
There is a lot to learn to take on overseeing 550 + plants while juggling a full time job.
The key is automation with strict oversight.
Ultimately my goal is to utilize the hole acre to its full capacity and produce high CBG flower for medicinal purposes.

Understandable. I'm definitely anxious about testing this year - just want to get it over with.

You've got a few weeks head start on me so I appreciate the photos you posted for reference. My plants are a bit smaller and will likely end up being 1,700 lollipop buds, but hey. Better than nothin'.

I am definitely sticking to the clone plan, and yes, I couldn't imagine doing this WITH a full time job - this IS a full time job. I could hire someone to do nothing but PULL WEEDS and that would be a full time job! 🤣

My design allows me a little leeway in the watering department but next year I would like to have some sort of automated irrigation system.. As of right now it's taking me and 1 other person 4 hours to water all these plants and that's movin.

I guess we'll see at testing time how it goes from there. In the mean time I'm just going to clone away and hope for the best - hope to have much larger plants next year. Should be able to produce 3,000 clones, raised to about a foot tall by April and ready to go outside for May. But if I don't like the lab results - I'm with you, ditch this shit.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
How you looking over there @Deadstill
Talked to our seed supplier on when it’s time to harvest,
Looks like In the next few weeks

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
How you looking over there @Deadstill
Talked to our seed supplier on when it’s time to harvest,
Looks like In the next few weeks
Yeah I'm getting ready to find a sampler and lab to do testing.

Luckily they changed the rule here in CO this year - they're allowing us to chop crops and move them to storage before testing is finished - a big change from last year - so I'm going to push them as long as I can!

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Hey @1diesel1 let me know how yours tests out, too. I am sure we're not going to have an issue with this strain - but just want to see how yours turns out as well. I don't know if I should be happy or angry about this year's testing procedure in Colorado. I just heard back from a sampler and not only are they wanting to charge me 0.58 cents a mile to drive to my ranch, but they want 135.00 flat fee plus 20 bucks for "express shipping" which they "have to use" due to an "incident recently"... AND then I have to pay the Lab 60 bucks (the cheapest I could find, some labs want 100, 150, even up to 250 PER SAMPLE)

This is fucking ridiculous.

Last year it was the State that sent their own samplers, I didn't have to pay their damn gas bill.. I believe I paid 135 dollars for them to come sample it AND test it, and that was it. "They" said using 3rd party samplers and labs this year would "Save us money".. BULLSHIT.

/end rant

🤠

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Hey @1diesel1 let me know how yours tests out, too. I am sure we're not going to have an issue with this strain - but just want to see how yours turns out as well. I don't know if I should be happy or angry about this year's testing procedure in Colorado. I just heard back from a sampler and not only are they wanting to charge me 0.58 cents a mile to drive to my ranch, but they want 135.00 flat fee plus 20 bucks for "express shipping" which they "have to use" due to an "incident recently"... AND then I have to pay the Lab 60 bucks (the cheapest I could find, some labs want 100, 150, even up to 250 PER SAMPLE)

This is fucking ridiculous.

Last year it was the State that sent their own samplers, I didn't have to pay their damn gas bill.. I believe I paid 135 dollars for them to come sample it AND test it, and that was it. "They" said using 3rd party samplers and labs this year would "Save us money".. BULLSHIT.

/end rant

🤠
Update: Yeah, this is pretty lame. I just got off the phone with the cheapest hemp sampler I could find. I estimate my harvest date around October 25th so I'm having them come out to sample on Sept. 26th.

One guy wanted 350 just to come out. Another wanted 250. Several others didn't even respond.

The one I found is charging 135 to come out plus .58 cents a mile (about 95 bucks) plus 20 bucks to ship the samples and 80 bucks to the Lab. So that puts us around 340 bucks after tax JUST to have our shit tested this year. Yeah. 3rd party testing was a GREAT idea, Colorado ... 🤬 I thought 135 (total) last year was bad. THEY said it would be "cheaper" using 3rd party samplers. I swear it's just another money-making scheme like everything else.

Here's to hoping we pass this year! Please!!! 🙏

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Update: Yeah, this is pretty lame. I just got off the phone with the cheapest hemp sampler I could find. I estimate my harvest date around October 25th so I'm having them come out to sample on Sept. 26th.

One guy wanted 350 just to come out. Another wanted 250. Several others didn't even respond.

The one I found is charging 135 to come out plus .58 cents a mile (about 95 bucks) plus 20 bucks to ship the samples and 80 bucks to the Lab. So that puts us around 340 bucks after tax JUST to have our shit tested this year. Yeah. 3rd party testing was a GREAT idea, Colorado ... 🤬 I thought 135 (total) last year was bad. THEY said it would be "cheaper" using 3rd party samplers. I swear it's just another money-making scheme like everything else.

Here's to hoping we pass this year! Please!!! 🙏
Winding down!
Good weather, good hemp, passed all testing government regulations for harvest.
FCB882C9 FE05 4ED3 915E F1D7885016E7

17A87764 029B 4415 A89C 77C179BBEDBF
04A58BD9 445A 4468 952C B9709D8C663C
45E81CDB 1C05 4F7B AAF4 3C843A30F3FE
96789ABF A39A 4D07 88C1 0AB0CCF4B21C
27FEDD70 50DB 4F9C A5A6 613377EE719A
2194A10B 2DC2 4898 AE16 1CAF6C1952E8
A1862C73 E05C 4BA0 BD57 0189DFDACE21
B0968FE8 DCCD 4E98 971C 4D9A38D4B081

Latest posts

Top Bottom