Organic flowering nutes; what's everyone using?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hi guys,

Just interested in what nutes all you organic growers use in flowering. I tend to go pretty simple with a bit of a mix, I find guano, sulphate of potash, miracle-gro seafeed and molasses to work pretty well for me. Be nice to know what everyone is using, especially good quality simple nutes =)

Cheers UG

I

InvisibleM

I am not an organic grower but do you water with organic ferts or just add them to the soil? I've seen some good prices on ebay for the bat guano, some used for flowering and was thinking they could be used as a tea?

And the sulphate of potash, is that mined somewhere so it is considered organic? I have a friend who is into organic ferts so I am curious...

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hi InvisibleM,

I myself use coco coir and perlite for my medium and water with organic nutrients. Guano is great and you can get it for both veg and flower, seabird and bat guano are the main ones used. Sulphate of potash is a great source of potassium for flowering and also promotes disease resistance, as far as I know Sulphate of Potash is solely derived from naturally occurring salt deposits. Sulphate of Potash 'granular' which is what I use is a concentrated potassium and sulphur fertiliser which is approved for organic farming.
Of course I do use it blended with other flowering ferts because it isnt a holistic fruiting compound.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

So everyone is using non-organic then I presume ? ha.

true grit

true grit

Been using Roots Organic line, but will be switching up to Age Old Bloom with a few of the roots additives.

C

CyconautiX

I've heard good things about Age Old. My friend uses it and his plants turned out pretty nice. Personally, I have had such success with FoxFarm and their schedule system that i don't know if I could ever switch.

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

Canna bio flores,Canna bio boost and guano kalong top dressing and just started using guano kalong soil

B

bigAl25

I am so happy with my fox farm results, their products and prices, I will not switch. If it's not broke don't fix it (screw it up in other words. Glad I heard about fox farm from OGR and the Farm.

S

supasticky

mined minerals are not technically considered organic. Seeing as they are not of the living.

-Supa

Z

zoeronerer

i use canna as a base nute and add all the organics at different rates to add size flavor and frost .... sometimes i alternate nutrient lines like i switch from earth juice to my own teas ..... generally they get the base nutes with house and garden additives and a few other products ... then i come in with the organics every 3 days ... i get a better quality than use n just organics and i get the yeild im looking for as well ...

oh and i use canna coco mixed with royal gold coco and chunky perlite and mycrohyrizae

teas i use peruvian
jamaican and indo guano

earth juice veg an bloom

kelp

b1

molassus

lactobascillus

earth worm castings

etc etc .

oh and agave for sweetner

then its

a b canna coco

all the h&g addatives

silica

compost tea (natures miracle)

all the dutch masters sprays

bcuzz stimm

florolicious

liquid karma

true grit

true grit

Hate to burst the Fox Farm bubble but only the Big Bloom is organic. Which is why i switched over to Roots. I found the Roots to be really solid, all my plants this run were healthy barring other environmental conditions(uber low humidity mainly). I do think the Roots may be a hair light in N for flower as most plants are fading a bit early, but trich production and smells are great!

Today was the first day using the Age Old and I had to mix it in a hurry to feed, so lets hope I didn't need to wait forever for a buffer to break down, but the lack of ph drop is awesome. For example- using the roots organic- I'd add Buddha Bloom, Ancient amber, HPK, Roots excel, organic calmag and ph would drop to around 4.2-4.4 and would sit there 5 min or 24hr after. Then i would have to bump up to appropriate ph, and I could only imagine the ppm i'm adding/wasting with ph up. Same thing with the FF Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Calmag- 4.4-4.5.

So flip to today- Age Old Bloom, Organic CalMag, Roots Excel, Ancient Amber- ph 6.6. Wow. Out the RO my ph is 5.8. I dropped it to 6.4 and ppm were uber nice for early flower at around 650-700ppm and to my liking the Age Old has high N in the bloom formula than buddha bloom. Anyways, that my input on organic bloom nutes for the day lol. Sorry for the rant. My knowledge is limited and i'm always learning so take my stuff with a grain of salt!

S

Surfr

I use AN Iguana Juice Bloom, Liquid Budswel, Roots Excelurator, and Humic/Fulvic acids with amazing grwoth this time around... They are on the 11th day of flower.

:character0180:

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I too have been running Age Old Grow, Bloom, Kelp.. mollassas.. for many years..
Hear lately been trying bloom boosters of all sorts trying to dail a few new grils in..

M

Mr.Toque

my first time growin, im using both Age Old grow , and bloom, seem to be working well, but then again i have limited knowledge lol

subieslow

subieslow

im trying advanced kushie kush just to give it a whirl, dont have a large crop so affordable, and bud candy amongst fox farm tiger bloom too just for good measure All organic xpet tiger bloom tech could have non org traces. .Also general organics CAMAG. My friend just had great results with cutting edge non organic, if you can afford their organic im sure its super....just found out about it.

I think if you use any of these top brands the key is to get an array of stuff in there, read the backs n compare at the shop, talk to the people and im sure ull be set.

Also there is this bat guano that is huge and comes in a big container, w yellow label they have it in berk indoor and some other places, heards its a wonderful veg fert thats organic. 2 friends use it lovingly

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A friend of mine did a hydro shop run for me and they gave him this REALLY cool t-shirt for me. Kushie Kush. I thought it was a band.
mined minerals are not technically considered organic. Seeing as they are not of the living.

-Supa
Sure they are, they've required nothing more than grinding down at most and packaging. For a given product to be labeled organic/OMRI certified it does not have to come from a living organism. How would an OMRI rating for the following be attained if they're not considered organic?

* Greensand--totally organic amendment.
* Humic (and fulvic) acid--totally organic (and fantastic for chelating chem salt ferts), mined from the earth amendment.
* Dolomitic lime--organic amendment, though we presume it's from fossilized coral (living organism).

For myself, I start off with Dr. Earth Organic mixes. For my girls I really like Organic 4. It's a dry mix that also has named and measured by propagules mycorrhizae, it can also be made into a tea. The Organic 4 is for acid-loving plants.

Molasses or barley extract (any kind of simple sugar) for feeding microbes and building bud size. I might experiment with alfalfa tea at the very end to see what happens, I've only used it in veg to spur growth.

Kelp extract, GREAT throughout the grow.

True grit is right, the only organic product in the FF line-up is Big Bloom, everything else is using chemical salts. You can ease that transition by making good use of humic acid, for chelation.

U

ugk1

Want to use GH GENERAL ORGANICS LINE, is it any good, or what can someone recomend, also thinking about useing a MG organic soil from walmart would that be fine to use with gh organics line

Top Bottom