Organic flowering nutes; what's everyone using?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kauphaart

organic

Hi:

I'm mostly an outdoor container grower. I use about equal parts material from my well-established compost heap with reused soil (sterilized if needed), a bit of bone meal, blood meal, some well aged chicken droppings and perlite as needed.

I water with aerated aged aquarium water during vegging (this can contain high N so I don't use it during flowering), occasionally a compost/chickenpoop tea, but only in extreme cases. During flowering, a dab of molasses in the water and that is it...No cost on ferts, yay..I think its very cost efficient and effective for personal medical grows...

Here are a couple of photos of this years early example run at the 28th day of flowering

Maybe not the huge monster glow-in-the-dark purple psychedelic super-crystal that everyone else grows, but still real decent meds.

20Apr2010 A3 02
20Apr2010 B2 01
20Apr2010 B2 02
true grit

true grit

Word on using humic acid. I like to use the Roots ancient amber every watering at around 6-7ml/g. General organic calmag at 5ml/g for light feeders and 8-10ml/g for kushes , chems and diesels that can eat it up. Then 5-10ml/g of the age old bloom... 5 on the light feeders as I've burned a few early. I also add age old kelp 5ml/ g. Seems
to be rockin.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

So purty! and your backyard looks really tranquil! Diggin' it.

Otto

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Word on using humic acid. I like to use the Roots ancient amber every watering at around 6-7ml/g. General organic calmag at 5ml/g for light feeders and 8-10ml/g for kushes , chems and diesels that can eat it up. Then 5-10ml/g of the age old bloom... 5 on the light feeders as I've burned a few early. I also add age old kelp 5ml/ g. Seems
to be rockin.
Is this using RO water to start, or...?

I'm currently comparing reverse osmosis systems. Not needed in soil growing outdoors. But indoors in coco, my hard, alkaline water is not making the grade, so I have to start fresh.

I almost can't live without my kelp extract. Ok, I could, but it wouldn't be as good.

N

nog

it depends what you mean by organic ??? its one of those words isnt it that means different things to different people, i use worm castings, bat guano, and mono potassium phosphate,
which of these is organic, not the last one, buit what about guano???? i think it is but my pal says its not??? ive tried to make tea with it but it tasted like shit, ime sticking to earl grey from now on, lol

N

nog

by the way cowfart, dont knock your plants, they look healthy as anything, ide like to see pics in another 4 weeks, they look fine to me, be lucky.

true grit

true grit

Is this using RO water to start, or...?

I'm currently comparing reverse osmosis systems. Not needed in soil growing outdoors. But indoors in coco, my hard, alkaline water is not making the grade, so I have to start fresh.

I almost can't live without my kelp extract. Ok, I could, but it wouldn't be as good.

Yeah that is starting with RO. I would definitely suggest it for any indoor growing. Gives you way more control over your PPM and water content. Plus any humidifiers, swamp coolers, etc can also run RO to stay clean longer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you.

Yes, I'm learning that I must address the quality of my source water if I plan to continue growing indoors.

wings123

wings123

AN iguana juice is the best, pure blend pro is not really 100 organic but very eeasy to use

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I feel like with all the extra additives GO has you can feed all the little microorganisms in the soil better. Not too educated on that aspect of it but I know you want those little critters to be happy. Lol

Natural

Natural

I feel like with all the extra additives GO has you can feed all the little microorganisms in the soil better. Not too educated on that aspect of it but I know you want those little critters to be happy. Lol
I've used a ton of GO. I basically use the Base and switch it up with Guano teas..trying out some Budswell this round. The Bioweed I use very small amounts through stretch and the Biomarine I use only once a week or so through to budset. I've added Floraliscious Plus (which is organic btw) and Calimagic in RO filtered water. Back that up with some Cap's Bennies, some Molasses, a lil dab of Sea Green throughout....and I've got some very frosty and tasty buds without buying up the Hydro store. I'm always manipulating my feed regiment..but I've been pretty happy using the one above.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I've used a ton of GO. I basically use the Base and switch it up with Guano teas..trying out some Budswell this round. The Bioweed I use very small amounts through stretch and the Biomarine I use only once a week or so through to budset. I've added Floraliscious Plus (which is organic btw) and Calimagic in RO filtered water. Back that up with some Cap's Bennies, some Molasses, a lil dab of Sea Green throughout....and I've got some very frosty and tasty buds without buying up the Hydro store. I'm always manipulating my feed regiment..but I've been pretty happy using the one above.
Ive been curious about using guano. Is that more of a veg or flowering thing? I need to do some research too.

Natural

Natural

Ive been curious about using guano. Is that more of a veg or flowering thing? I need to do some research too.

..for me it's strictly in flower. I know there are veg guanos on the market..but for the 4-5 weeks they veg(including stretch), I don't bother. One other thing I use in veg is Roots Excelurator...don't know if it's organic or not. When I first started with GO I think I used to much BioMarine and BioWeed..and it affected the final product in flavor. Since I cut those back and added Floraliscious+ I noticed a huge improvement with terpenes.
Still someday I would like to try out some Age Old base..but GO is very reliable. I used to kill it with their salt line and they're really a great nute co. that I think will be around a very long time.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

..for me it's strictly in flower. I know there are veg guanos on the market..but for the 4-5 weeks they veg(including stretch), I don't bother. One other thing I use in veg is Roots Excelurator...don't know if it's organic or not. When I first started with GO I think I used to much BioMarine and BioWeed..and it affected the final product in flavor. Since I cut those back and added Floraliscious+ I noticed a huge improvement with terpenes.
Still someday I would like to try out some Age Old base..but GO is very reliable. I used to kill it with their salt line and they're really a great nute co. that I think will be around a very long time.
I'm really liking where this conversation is going. Floralicious+ I'm gonna look Into it. Does the floralicious take the place of molasses or in combination? And another quick question. When you refer to the "stretch" stage does this mean the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower when they get that little stretch? Thanks Natural!

urbanfog

urbanfog

When you refer to the "stretch" stage does this mean the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower when they get that little stretch? Thanks Natural!

cant speak for Natural, but yes When I hear stretch it is the 2-3 weeks when plants first flipped. Personally I run mh thru this period with boosted N, then drop the N and goto P

Natural

Natural

yeah I call stretch the first 2-3 weeks..and budset is usually around the 4th week or so for me.

The Floraliscious+ is good shit..very concentrated..and it does add the cookie dough element to bud..so if ya over-do it you may not care for it with certain strains. The molasses, I use in my teas to give beneficials some food..that and a handful of ewc(worm poo). It does impart sweetness especially if you use it in the beginning of flush, I tend to go light here as I don't want to taste the molasses all that much. I use Calimagic and Liquid dolomite (ph up) so I normally don't add any extra magnesium...except for the strains like the Chem fam and Stardawgs..then I add extra epsom salts. My plants seem very happy and put out flames..makes me think adding more would be silly...but there is always room for improvement and dialing. My next project is to come up with an easy and cheap..but effective foliar regiment in veg.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

cant speak for Natural, but yes When I hear stretch it is the 2-3 weeks when plants first flipped. Personally I run mh thru this period with boosted N, then drop the N and goto P
Running MH through the stretch period, is this so you have less stretch? And if so, are the buds more dense? Would you switch back to HPS after stretch phase?

Power OG

Power OG

personally i use fox farm lw/of for medium, and also fox farm complete nute set on there soil feeding schedule and the results have been superb!! they have it down to a science and i think less is more.

Top Bottom