Organic outdoor 2020!

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Hello, this is my first thread so heres the low; first year going full organic after spending much time staring at BAS and MO on the web, not to mention late nights chasing down coots recipes. Third real season; started by growing outdoor hydro....Coco and bottled nutes, fox farm mainly. They got HUGE! Then i got a HUGE PM problem that turned into bud rot. Dug graves and said goodbye to half my plants. Full circle here i am knowing that my first seasons mistakes were in the food and dirt. My plants looked amazing but were weak!! day is like day 30, running clakamus coot mixed with my old dirt(1/3 compost, pearlite, and coco) 1/3 spagnum peat, 1/3 crushed lava, and 1/3 mushroom compost...I live down the way from Rocky mountain Soils who make their compost out of the byproduct from the gigantic mushroom production facility down the road. Tossed like fifteen pounds of neem seed, kelp meal, biolive, oyster shell, and insect frass into the 350 gallons of dirt mixed to up pot into..watering is plain, none, super water. Bubbled with compost and EWC everytime. Using malted barley, SST, coconut alo, neem and kelp teas on super water day. Some Ful power and super thrive worm in sometimes. Still a little cold for microbial extrapolation but soon to come!

Organic outdoor 2020
Organic outdoor 2020 2
Organic outdoor 2020 3
Organic outdoor 2020 4
Organic outdoor 2020 5
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

All rightey then! Here we go with my next update, babes are rocking put em in some 3 gallon grow bags, they were 5 gallon bags i purchased then cut to make a shorter wider soil base than the 3 gal grow bags are. Been using water, a few kelp neem teas and a few enzyme teas. No real food yet, in a week or two i will get on some fish hydrolysate and hopefully some microbial extrapolation. I used the mix thats in my big pots to make sure that not only my dirt is good but to acclimate them to their final soil base. Biggest one is a Purple Squerkle coming in at 22 in right now, most are over a foot. Some genes like the Purple kush x WW and the G14 are shorter because of genetic. Squat and strong with leaves getting bigger than my hands. Debating doing some LST on the larger ones. Some bamboo and green tape to tie em down. Getting close to 4/20 and hopefully going outside weather provided. Have all dirt built for final soil bases, 300 gal raised beds some 150 and 200 smarties as well as the one 600. Planting some clover now as we speak, get that cover crop rockin!! Will post some pics of the final garden soon, the "smart pots" made with FREE coffee sacks are looking badder than f*ck!!!

Also some kinda bug or varmit has came in and snipped a few leaves, and ate a bunch of the clytodon leaves off. I secured the room very well and am going to do a nice neem oil spray to deter any hungry homies.

Purepiff

Purepiff

So you think you got pm and videotape because u weren't growing organically? U must have been misinformed that is total bullshit. U got pm and bud root because of your strain choice and your location. There are things u can do to help prevent those things from happening and none of those things are growing organically.

I really believe there is a huge misconception about organic growing and the belief that it is somehow superior to synthetic or synergistic growing. If you are a beginner grower with only a couple seasons under ur belt then the last thing u wanna do is go fully organic.

I suggest u use a hot soil mix like Cootsblend u mentioned and just water and bennie bacteria the first 2 ti 3 weeks and then u start using a blend of organic and synthetic nutes. Like one day hot em with fish emulsions and seaweed then the next feeding hit em with a one part base nute like maxsea or floranova. I promise you ur results will be better. But honestly ur bud root and ur pm have no correlation to how u feed your plants and whoever told u that is retarded

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

SO! I drew my conclusion from multiple books; Mhycorizal Planet, by Michel Phillips, Rhodales gardening guride(institution to real gardeners all over the US) off seminars with Elaine Eingram and from the awesome institutions that are leading the organic charge forward; Tad from KIS organics, Tim Wilson with his gardening forum and sweet compost tea guide, mountain organics, and build a soil. Also Clakamus Coot and a few more top notch organic growers who share their knowledge.
The way i see it is that a plant much like your body needs real food. healthy food, long strands of polymers and less simple sugars, salts are to be avoided. Well the way i see the salts in chemical nutes are just like a twinkie. Short chains of polymers, making a plant loaded with available sugars to molds and mildews. Not in any way supporting the immune system of the plant, exactly the opposite. Sap loaded with simple sugar; super susceptible to mold and mildew that feed on that much easier that complete proteins, long strands of polymers. REGARDLESS, i do not want a build up of salts in my soil, as i intend to use every year for the rest of my life. I appreciate the opinion, and would love to see some science backing it up.

Purepiff

Purepiff

SO! I drew my conclusion from multiple books; Mhycorizal Planet, by Michel Phillips, Rhodales gardening guride(institution to real gardeners all over the US) off seminars with Elaine Eingram and from the awesome institutions that are leading the organic charge forward; Tad from KIS organics, Tim Wilson with his gardening forum and sweet compost tea guide, mountain organics, and build a soil. Also Clakamus Coot and a few more top notch organic growers who share their knowledge.
The way i see it is that a plant much like your body needs real food. healthy food, long strands of polymers and less simple sugars, salts are to be avoided. Well the way i see the salts in chemical nutes are just like a twinkie. Short chains of polymers, making a plant loaded with available sugars to molds and mildews. Not in any way supporting the immune system of the plant, exactly the opposite. Sap loaded with simple sugar; super susceptible to mold and mildew that feed on that much easier that complete proteins, long strands of polymers. REGARDLESS, i do not want a build up of salts in my soil, as i intend to use every year for the rest of my life. I appreciate the opinion, and would love to see some science backing it up.

Well I have grown all 3 ways. organic in 3 dep runs and 1 fullterm spot, synthetic a bunch of spots and all my indoors, and synergistic which is what I do for my full terms. So I have many seasons of real life experience. Organic is cool and all but it isn't for the novice grower if u wanna do it right. Yield is always lower then the other ways to grow. I have pics for days and all that stuff ur talking about isn't even real lol it's like reading a book on compost teas lol it is hippy science and they are all partial to their way. When growing commercial good weed it is way easier and cost effective to use chem ferts and I've used soil for 4 and 5 years using synthetics and the soil is fine. It is crazy that there is such a debate over thos and organic people I know really dont grow better pot to be honest I see way better weed grown by farmers that do a little of both. That is facts and believe me I see alot of weed. And my indoor is grown to its genetic potential so if organic is better then how can I be growing the indoor weed so perfectly?
20200321 122104
20200323 213942

Purepiff

Purepiff

20171022 161413
20190916 123559
20190916 134454
and these are just my lat season joints. All synthetic and all fire. So all that stuff u talk about salts and ur plants getting mold or mildew is incorrect. There are many ways to skin a cat dont donit the harder more expensive and old fashion way.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

View attachment 959084View attachment 959086View attachment 959088and these are just my lat season joints. All synthetic and all fire. So all that stuff u talk about salts and ur plants getting mold or mildew is incorrect. There are many ways to skin a cat dont donit the harder more expensive and old fashion way.
DAYUM SON!! Get it get it!! i imagine the "organic" route would be more cost effective with lots more labor involved. Those babes are all bad!!! whatever your doin your doin it right id say

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Here we go y'all, next update. Going outside tommorrow, and into final dirt soon after. Everyone looks great, got a few really nice females and they look ready for some real big dirt! Still just using neem kelp and some SST, did a little topdressin and some fish. Finally it was warm enough to do some compost tea so i finally got my AACT on track.
IMG 1489

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Here we go y'all, next update. Going outside tommorrow, and into final dirt soon after. Everyone looks great, got a few really nice females and they look ready for some real big dirt! Still just using neem kelp and some SST, did a little topdressin and some fish. Finally it was warm enough to do some compost tea so i finally got my AACT on track. View attachment 967629
I love seeing other fully organic growers in here!
Your plants look great! Cant wait to see what comes of it!
Here is a few from my last few fully organic grows!

Received 1694837713978592
20180913 094643
Screenshot 20200411 075244 Gallery
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I love seeing other fully organic growers in here!
Your plants look great! Cant wait to see what comes of it!
Here is a few from my last few fully organic grows!
I love what you do. Have you ever considered incorporating some AACTS or home brewed organic nutrient teas? I have followed your threads, i hope you have a good year as well. I have a line on goat, so i am going to establish a 600 gallon pot with just goat for next year, as well as roll hard on making vermicompost. Do you leave the bottom open on your raised beds?

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I love what you do. Have you ever considered incorporating some AACTS or home brewed organic nutrient teas? I have followed your threads, i hope you have a good year as well. I have a line on goat, so i am going to establish a 600 gallon pot with just goat for next year, as well as roll hard on making vermicompost. Do you leave the bottom open on your raised beds?
This yr I'm using boogie brew ..the whole line actually. And last grow I fed teas throughout It last grow. My nutes are inoculated and I'm using mykos wp to water once a week... so I think the herd should be plentiful ;)
And thank you!

Purepiff

Purepiff

Sooo I told u it was a waste of time and didn't do anything that just adding compost will do. U are really focusing on the wrong things and u will realize this when the season is over and ur seeing growers like me pulling over 5 ps per plant. Read this article it will hopefully prove to u that teas are a waste of time and energy. Grow with ur brain don't just hear a new fad and jump on it. Growing weed isn't hard so please stop making it so difficult. Plant ur seed in good soil and feed her dont go breaking the bank and busting ur head trying to figure out what to top dress and all that cus obviously ur a new grower and growing weed is already a job so don't make it harder then it needs to be.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Sooo I told u it was a waste of time and didn't do anything that just adding compost will do. U are really focusing on the wrong things and u will realize this when the season is over and ur seeing growers like me pulling over 5 ps per plant. Read this article it will hopefully prove to u that teas are a waste of time and energy. Grow with ur brain don't just hear a new fad and jump on it. Growing weed isn't hard so please stop making it so difficult. Plant ur seed in good soil and feed her dont go breaking the bank and busting ur head trying to figure out what to top dress and all that cus obviously ur a new grower and growing weed is already a job so don't make it harder then it needs to be.
You know... it's great that your method works for you.. but please stop hating on organics. You are synergistic and get 5 pounds...I am organic and get 7.
Some of the abosolute biggest and prettiest grows I've seen are 100% organic. Trust me if your method got me better results (which I tried) that is how I would be growing.. it's not some giant lie that we are convinced of. Most of us tried everything and got better results from it.

Let them figure it out for themselves

2... organics is not expensive! I spend between about 40$ a yard between soil and nutes (that last the whole season) That is insanely cheap compared to some bottle nute prices

3. How is making tea really any harder then mixing synthetic nutrients other then you turn on a air pump and let it brew for 24 hours. Is it not just adding a measured amount of something to water and pouring it on the soil? It's basically the same thing.

4. Most organics can get by with water only. That is the point. Mix some shit into your soil...and if you do it right ...the plant is fed until harvest.

You can literally look up lots of articles and studies to support both sides of the argument. So that point is moot.

I hope that they do try both and see for themselves what works better for them.. that is how i learned. I tried something new every grow including synergistic and like I said... never ever seen results like I do until I did 100% organics.

You should read the thread on the sticky notes above about humboldts grow ( talk about massive plants and buds ) 100% organic

And look at these plants my lord...and they are probably one of the most hardcore organic growers I know....

It's not some lie! There is too much proof in the pudding for it to be.

Roganja
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Ladys and gentlemen, lets save the pissing contest for someone else's thread, why dont you start a thread thats "synergestic" vs "organic"? If i personally subscribe to the leading soil biologists and scientists thats my choice! Gardening is gardening is gardening. All the s**t talking is meaningless, unless backed by science. The posted link is a opinion piece with no actual science backing it up, blooming bacteria is science. Bacteria eat sugar(molasses) and bloom large colonies, those colonies die off feeding the food chain, and well as digesting the nutrients and sugars and poopin them out in a bio available form. I am not relying on compost tea as a nutrient or as a foliar feed. I have spent many many many hours reading up, from people who have actual degrees in biology. Cannabis is merely one small facet or farming, i have a HUGE veggie garden, lots of flowers and care more about the whole scope of things. There is nothing hard about growing plants. So please save your opinions for a thread that is actually applies to. Pure piff and great lakes, i am sure you both are amazing growers in your own right and you both do things in your own way. Both of you have dropped photos showing amazing plants, so what both of you do is working very well. Much respect. I would love to have a conversation about teas and nutrients thats not just a ton of opinions, but researched and backed by science, and on a thread thats dedicated to it. Why dont you two start a thread in outdoor growing.... heres a title thought, Synergystic vs. Organic? Please show me the respect i am showing you and save the argument for somewhere else.
You know... it's great that your method works for you.. but please stop hating on organics. You are synergistic and get 5 pounds...I am organic and get 7.
Some of the abosolute biggest and prettiest grows I've seen are 100% organic. Trust me if your method got me better results (which I tried) that is how I would be growing.. it's not some giant lie that we are convinced of. Most of us tried everything and got better results from it.

Let them figure it out for themselves

2... organics is not expensive! I spend between about 40$ a yard between soil and nutes (that last the whole season) That is insanely cheap compared to some bottle nute prices

3. How is making tea really any harder then mixing synthetic nutrients other then you turn on a air pump and let it brew for 24 hours. Is it not just adding a measured amount of something to water and pouring it on the soil? It's basically the same thing.

4. Most organics can get by with water only. That is the point. Mix some shit into your soil...and if you do it right ...the plant is fed until harvest.

You can literally look up lots of articles and studies to support both sides of the argument. So that point is moot.

I hope that they do try both and see for themselves what works better for them.. that is how i learned. I tried something new every grow including synergistic and like I said... never ever seen results like I do until I did 100% organics.

You should read the thread on the sticky notes above about humboldts grow ( talk about massive plants and buds ) 100% organic

And look at these plants my lord...and they are probably one of the most hardcore organic growers I know....

It's not some lie! There is too much proof in the pudding for it to be.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Ladys and gentlemen, lets save the pissing contest for someone else's thread, why dont you start a thread thats "synergestic" vs "organic"? If i personally subscribe to the leading soil biologists and scientists thats my choice! Gardening is gardening is gardening. All the s**t talking is meaningless, unless backed by science. The posted link is a opinion piece with no actual science backing it up, blooming bacteria is science. Bacteria eat sugar(molasses) and bloom large colonies, those colonies die off feeding the food chain, and well as digesting the nutrients and sugars and poopin them out in a bio available form. I am not relying on compost tea as a nutrient or as a foliar feed. I have spent many many many hours reading up, from people who have actual degrees in biology. Cannabis is merely one small facet or farming, i have a HUGE veggie garden, lots of flowers and care more about the whole scope of things. There is nothing hard about growing plants. So please save your opinions for a thread that is actually applies to. Pure piff and great lakes, i am sure you both are amazing growers in your own right and you both do things in your own way. Both of you have dropped photos showing amazing plants, so what both of you do is working very well. Much respect. I would love to have a conversation about teas and nutrients thats not just a ton of opinions, but researched and backed by science, and on a thread thats dedicated to it. Why dont you two start a thread in outdoor growing.... heres a title thought, Synergystic vs. Organic? Please show me the respect i am showing you and save the argument for somewhere else.
When you brew your teas...do you put the ingredients in a bag and separate it?

Reactions: Ina
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

No worries my man, your all good. Just wanted to nip it in the bus as it were. Like i said your both clearly great growers in your own right.
Lol good idea. I get a bit defensive of organics because I believe in it with such a passion.
You should post some pics of your veggie garden this yr too! It's so hard to eat veggies from the store when you grow your own right? Like there is no comparison to a sun ripened tomato from your garden! ❤

Your plants are good sized and should just come out amazing. What size pots are you putting them into again?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

My tea recipe is based off Tim Wilson who you should totally check out. He has a great website and theres a interview with him by Tad from KIS... 2.38% compost( vermi and thermo) thats 2 cups, 1/2 cup molasses, 12ml of fish hydrolysate, per five gallons. I use a burlap bag, because of the brewer i have, but i am building a airlift vortex brewer that i can just toss all ingredients into free floating and strain after brewing. I also toss a little bountea Bio Activator into it. I only put the compost in the bag. But thats just microbial extrapolation as Tim calls it lol

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

My tea recipe is based off Tim Wilson who you should totally check out. He has a great website and theres a interview with him by Tad from KIS... 2.38% compost( vermi and thermo) thats 2 cups, 1/2 cup molasses, 12ml of fish hydrolysate, per five gallons. I use a burlap bag, because of the brewer i have, but i am building a airlift vortex brewer that i can just toss all ingredients into free floating and strain after brewing. I also toss a little bountea Bio Activator into it. I only put the compost in the bag. But thats just microbial extrapolation as Tim calls it lol
I will check it out right now. Part of the kit I'm getting from boogie brew has this included and I'm beyond curious to see how it will measure up against just using molasses (which I'm a huge fan of)

Screenshot 20200501 143106 Chrome
Screenshot 20200501 143111 Chrome
Top Bottom