Organic outdoor 2020!

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I will check it out right now. Part of the kit I'm getting from boogie brew has this included and I'm beyond curious to see how it will measure up against just using molasses (which I'm a huge fan of)
i looked it up and i would be brewing 100-250 gal, and the cost is just too much. Get yourself a scope and you can really find out what your brewing. Wonder whats in it?

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

i looked it up and i would be brewing 100-250 gal, and the cost is just too much. Get yourself a scope and you can really find out what your brewing. Wonder whats in it?
How often do you feed the tea? Do you use full strength?

Purepiff

Purepiff

There are many other articles and shot to back up that teas aren't helpful. Also I know guys that do well with organics and when I do 5 pound plants they are started small. Anybody that grows trees knows it is about genetics and veg time. Period. Organics work synthetics work the bottom line is its way easier to do syntheitcs with alot less guessing. So ur a beginner grower correct? Organic growing is for more advanced golrowers if u really wanna kill it. Nobody is talking shit lol especially not to me cus I could care less what u guys think I am telling u facts that are result based. If u think organics is what got u ur 7 ps a plant ur delusional it is about pot size, genetics, environment and how big the pkants are when u put em in the ground june 1st. Brewing teas I've done i did it for more then 1 season and I promise u that it is a myth even tho the science makes sense it is bullshit just like the idea of taking vitamins. But if u wanna waste ur time then feel free but if u do a side by side ull see what I am saying.

atskippy3

atskippy3

Hello, this is my first thread so heres the low; first year going full organic after spending much time staring at BAS and MO on the web, not to mention late nights chasing down coots recipes. Third real season; started by growing outdoor hydro....Coco and bottled nutes, fox farm mainly. They got HUGE! Then i got a HUGE PM problem that turned into bud rot. Dug graves and said goodbye to half my plants. Full circle here i am knowing that my first seasons mistakes were in the food and dirt. My plants looked amazing but were weak!! day is like day 30, running clakamus coot mixed with my old dirt(1/3 compost, pearlite, and coco) 1/3 spagnum peat, 1/3 crushed lava, and 1/3 mushroom compost...I live down the way from Rocky mountain Soils who make their compost out of the byproduct from the gigantic mushroom production facility down the road. Tossed like fifteen pounds of neem seed, kelp meal, biolive, oyster shell, and insect frass into the 350 gallons of dirt mixed to up pot into..watering is plain, none, super water. Bubbled with compost and EWC everytime. Using malted barley, SST, coconut alo, neem and kelp teas on super water day. Some Ful power and super thrive worm in sometimes. Still a little cold for microbial extrapolation but soon to come!
Everything looks great!👏👏👏👊👊😍😍

shaganja

shaganja

Lol good idea. I get a bit defensive of organics because I believe in it with such a passion.
You should post some pics of your veggie garden this yr too! It's so hard to eat veggies from the store when you grow your own right? Like there is no comparison to a sun ripened tomato from your garden! ❤

Your plants are good sized and should just come out amazing. What size pots are you putting them into again?
I agree with great lakes. If you look at the scene as a whole, the no till regenerative is gaining much strength! In legal states, you have to pass tests that cost hundreds of dollars per plant. Salt growers will be commercial, and organic no till, regenerative, will be top dollar smoke. Just like organic is in supermarkets. And it's better for humanity. Regenerative is fixing our local soils, and salt growing is toxic to mama earth. I agree, if you have a way that works, great! But dont discourage others from taking a route they might enjoy.

Purepiff

Purepiff

Lol whats a salt grower? Peopke that say salt grower sound retarded and u are 100 percent wrong cus there is nobody and I fucking mean nobody that can tell great organic apart from great synthetic weed. They don't test to see if ur weed is organic lol so ur whole argument is wrong and there is no fact of organic weed being better or cleaner then synthetic or salt grower as u call em. Here's some salt grown ice cream cake that id put against any no till
20200526 213035
20200526 213118

shaganja

shaganja

Ok guys and girls, vermicompost, is it all the same? Does it contain the same nutrients? If I feed my worms with lots of a nitrogen source, would that make the castings a high nitrogen source also? If they digest the same as I give them, can I in turn feed them a veg mix during that time, and then make one for flower? Just like the companies give us bottled nutes for the same? Any thoughts on worm poop?

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Ok guys and girls, vermicompost, is it all the same? Does it contain the same nutrients? If I feed my worms with lots of a nitrogen source, would that make the castings a high nitrogen source also? If they digest the same as I give them, can I in turn feed them a veg mix during that time, and then make one for flower? Just like the companies give us bottled nutes for the same? Any thoughts on worm poop?
I cant help you there. Worms have been in my piles of soil composting it for like 8 yrs so I dont add any worms (because its loaded already with them and 8 yrs of castings etc)

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Here we go! No flower re veg nothin, went outside on may 1st and into final dirt on the 10th..did a few compost teas, and just started up doing foliar feeding. Took about ten days to root in and had to swap out one. About to start laying on a mix of different teas, compost and other wise, and some fish for feeding. Put on my first top dressing today did lots of green taping. The cages are a total pain in the ass, only cloth trellising from here on out. The cages will help a lot in supporting the branches and help prevent breakage. The cages on the ones going up are 6ft tall, everyone else got tied down but would be the same size. Also this is a legal medical garden, it provides medicine for two elderly retired people and me and their son.
IMG 2090
IMG 2100

IMG 2089

IMG 2099

Check out the nature fractals in my garden!!!

IMG 2083
IMG 2084
IMG 2077

Radish flowers that have not bloomed, a beautiful rose, and some hollyhock buds that are covered in strange bugs. Marigolds are really nice, the flowers are killin it, as well as got some 'maters eggplants chard and kale going for it. Carrots just popped up as well as the cosmos. And my sunflowers look like the biggest yet! hopefully a huge serving plate sized head!!
IMG 2081
IMG 5090

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I believe so! i have four bins that are almost done, and i plan on putting each one into a 600 gal pot full of aged manure and then mix in all the best organic and free plant matter i can. Really imagining a lot of fruit, no one cares if you take the mushye fruit off the ground, but any agricultural by-product or urban/wild foraged lol. But i am sure you can science your inputs to create amazing EWC with ideal ratios of NPK and also i imagine trace elements, carbon, silica and all the building blocks of good soil. I wonder about the transference of NPK in vermipost, and in AACTS for that matter.

mancorn

mancorn

The cages are a total pain in the ass, only cloth trellising from here on out. The cages will help a lot in supporting the branches and help prevent breakage. The cages on the ones going up are 6ft tall, everyone else got tied down but would be the same size.

Ezenzyme, for your cages try remesh (used to strength concrete slabs). Can get it at large box hardware stores for less then $10 a panel (42”x7’) or it comes in rolls. Each open is 6”x6” so doesn't get in the way.
C80D47B5 D2A4 4CC4 AA29 951EA358DE13

BB0A4878 D147 44AB A09A BF81C58F34E5

shaganja

shaganja

Here we go! No flower re veg nothin, went outside on may 1st and into final dirt on the 10th..did a few compost teas, and just started up doing foliar feeding. Took about ten days to root in and had to swap out one. About to start laying on a mix of different teas, compost and other wise, and some fish for feeding. Put on my first top dressing today did lots of green taping. The cages are a total pain in the ass, only cloth trellising from here on out. The cages will help a lot in supporting the branches and help prevent breakage. The cages on the ones going up are 6ft tall, everyone else got tied down but would be the same size. Also this is a legal medical garden, it provides medicine for two elderly retired people and me and their son. View attachment 981847View attachment 981850
View attachment 981852

View attachment 981853

Check out the nature fractals in my garden!!!

View attachment 981855 View attachment 981856View attachment 981857
Radish flowers that have not bloomed, a beautiful rose, and some hollyhock buds that are covered in strange bugs. Marigolds are really nice, the flowers are killin it, as well as got some 'maters eggplants chard and kale going for it. Carrots just popped up as well as the cosmos. And my sunflowers look like the biggest yet! hopefully a huge serving plate sized head!!View attachment 981858View attachment 981861
Love your hoop house! It looks so inviting!

shaganja

shaganja

It's almost time for some fermented dandelion plant juice! Have this pic on a different thread, but trying to keep this thread alive!
IMG 20200531 2031469

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

It's almost time for some fermented dandelion plant juice! Have this pic on a different thread, but trying to keep this thread alive!View attachment 983486
May I ask why brown sugar instead of molasses or brix? Seems that the other two would be more benificial due to the nutrient content of molasses and brown sugar has none.

shaganja

shaganja

The brown sugar is to draw out the water from the plant. And for microbs to feed. I've seen a water molasis blend too. But they say to not use just white sugar. There must be something to the brown waste, from sugar making. I didn't have much brown sugar that day, so I mixed up white sugar and molasis till I got a brown sugar color.

Top Bottom