Our World

• Thread starter dirk d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Here is a timeline of the Iraq Invasion

that private jessica lynch was a staged event?? wtf is going on??

I don't really think this is okay.

Now your painting an American soldier who went through a harrowing time in her life, and nearly served as a martyr for this country, and you're saying it's all a fake.

I think that's really where our disagreement stems from. I'm not so concerned with protecting the government from being shitheads, and I am concerned with letting the true culprits off scott free by proxy. This is the same type of thing--you're belittling a personal sacrifice that an American made so that you can say crazy shit like this according to some unproven theory that the government is terribad.

I'm not a government fanboy. I flat out hated Bush, couldn't be happier he's gone. My heart sunk when he was re-elected.

I'm not even a big fan of the government. What I am is someone who will never forgive the organization behind the deaths of so many Americans--and you're attempting to give them a get-out-of-jail-free card. That is and always has been my only objection. Say the government sucks all you want, but don't do it at the expense of falsely (or without complete proof) exonerating the people responsible--or undermining the sacrifices which people have made fighting for our country (regardless of why they were sent--she didn't make that choice and doesn't deserve to have her service questioned by the likes of any of us).

I'm not mad, I get it that we disagree--I just really thought this might serve as some perspective as to where I'm coming from. It's not about this blind belief in the government--I just don't think we should be jumping to any conclusions about this stuff, and I think that's what you're doing.

squiggly

squiggly

All I meant was that I didn't find your picturing dirk dead as humor, must have been the way it came off. Then you proceeded to say that, perhaps your humor was too dark for me...
So, to illustrate how my humor is dark and very sarcastic I posted a video of my favorite comedian/philosopher in recent history.

You can give me a 5 paragraph essay about anything you want but it doesn't change that thought processes above.
Later skater

The point I'm making is that Bill Hicks would've told the exact joke that I said without batting an eye--and if you don't know that, you don't know shit about Bill Hicks.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Wow, he might have came across differently with it, and to compare your jokes too his....fuck just shows your ego.
Have respect, he talked shit about shitty people. dirk isn't shitty nor did he deserve your joke after you called for death to his homeland.

In the future squiggly, if your gonna tell a joke, use some of these :D ;)...or something. They help show that your kidding or joking, imo

squiggly

squiggly

I alluded to another conspiracy, though, one that has received no attention- meaning it's been successful so far; The Bush 43 administration entered office and from the very first day- or even before- were determined to put a stop to Saddam, by any means necessary, even if it involved fabricating evidence- which of course they did in a pretty shameful ruse to sucker the UN and the American People into a war we had no business starting for any legitimate reason. That's right; long before 9/11, Dick n Shrub had already decided to take Iraq down. Looking urther into THAT may yield some interesting insights.

This I agree with, and Colin Powell has essentially said as much.

See I don't think that conspiracy is never the case--it's just that you need proof. There is overwhelming proof that the above is true, including flat out admissions from multiple people from within the administration.

squiggly

squiggly

Wow, he might have came across differently with it, and to compare your jokes too his....fuck just shows your ego.
Have respect, he talked shit about shitty people. dirk isn't shitty nor did he deserve your joke after you called for death to his homeland. FOR FUCKS SAKE WILL YOU LET THIS GO ALREADY--I'VE APOLOGIZED FOR IT, IT IS OVER.

In the future squiggly, if your gonna tell a joke, use some of these :D ;)...or something. They help show that your kidding or joking, imo

You're twisting my words. I don't think I could EVER be on par with Hicks. As a matter of fact I don't think that anyone will ever be. By far one of my favorite comics. That's why its such a joke that you'd use him in this sense.

I literally learned everything I know about how to be scathing from the guy.

The point is that I BELIEVED dirk to be shitty--so I treated him as such. It's your assumption that dirk isn't shitty, I felt a different way.

I don't expect you to understand that.

Actually after the past few back-and-forths, I don't implicitly expect you to understand anything, at all.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Bill Hicks hated govt and always thought they were up to no good...please watch the first video of him that I posted and then watch the one in the bar where he shows how america is shutting their minds down.

It's awesome you love Bill Hicks, glad to know we have something in common...lol

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I do completely understand your post. You thought dirk was shit, so you treated him as such. Agreed, did I twist your words, yeah maybe.
But, if you learned from Bill, it doesn't show worth a shit.

squiggly

squiggly

I do completely understand your post. You thought dirk was shit, so you treated him as such. Agreed, did I twist your words, yeah maybe.
But, if you learned from Bill, it doesn't show worth a shit.

I'm cool with that conclusion. Like I said the guy is an absolute master to me, so I wouldn't expect what I've taken from him to translate in a 1:1 fashion--I am not a comedic genius.

Just realize that I'm not some uber asshole over here who is wishing death and destruction on anyone. What I said about the genocide was terribly misworded on my behalf. I've gone back and read it and my point is not clear even to me from reading it. That's the reason I came back and apologized, because I made a total fool of myself.

As for the car thing, I can see why you might think I'm being all dark and evil based on my gaffe with the genocide shit--but just realize that I'm a fucking happy-go-lucky stoner with an ear to ear grin 24/7. I have a big heart and I love everyone that I meet with it as hard as I can. I'm not a terrible person--sometimes it can be difficult to be a really blunt person on the internet. Emotion and intent don't come through really well with words alone. I'm a much better orator than a writer in that sense.

Point taken about the smiley faces. That would've been a good way to get over that hump.

Either way, let's drop it--we're sure to see each other again on the farm and I don't think there's need for animosity between any of us. I accept responsibility for my part in helping to generate the initial animosity--now let's all accept responsibility in trying to diminish it and leave it behind.

Seriously, I apologize for any offense I may have caused to anyone--but just keep in mind that to my sensibilities almost nothing any of the conspiracy-esque people have said here has avoided offense.

dirk d

dirk d

well it seems little ol sweet 19 year old pfc jessica lynch story isn't what I thought it was.

not saying anything about her, just finding out that, SUPRISE! we weren't really told the true story. and to call fpc Lynch a martyr is pushing it squiggly. I'm not saying it's all fake, i'm just saying we were lied to, again, by our government regarding all these "stories".

I'm not going to say I support the troops blindly. I don't believe in killing innocent people. I don't believe in murder for resources. If I did i would have enlisted myself. Especially with the hate that I had for Iraqi's and what they did to Iran. As I grew as a person I realized it was not the iraqi's fault, innocent iraqi's that is, but the fault of Iraq's government and the many nations that helped Iraq murder innocent Iranians.

You want to talk about martyr's? Talk about the 12 year old children who cleared minefields for the Iranian army. They died protecting their country, in their country. That's a martyr. Not invading another nation for resources.

In our lives, our soul belongs to us, no one can take that away.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You're twisting my words. I don't think I could EVER be on par with Hicks. As a matter of fact I don't think that anyone will ever be. By far one of my favorite comics. That's why its such a joke that you'd use him in this sense.

I literally learned everything I know about how to be scathing from the guy.

The point is that I BELIEVED dirk to be shitty--so I treated him as such. It's your assumption that dirk isn't shitty, I felt a different way.

I don't expect you to understand that.

Actually after the past few back-and-forths, I don't implicitly expect you to understand anything, at all.
I'll agree to let bygones be bygones, no prob. I'm a very mellow person, as you've seen on the farm I've not had this attitude towards anyone...I'm sorry If I had the wrong idea of who you were in mind as I was making points towards you being heartless.

But, you gotta feel me a bit, when I say: On that last sentence of yours...that's why people have issues with you, that putdown was completely unfounded. I just don't spend my time typing uber long responses to show how I'm smart and understand what you laying down. I'm not a man of many words, but people usually catch my drift.

What kind are you smoking on lately?

squiggly

squiggly

Well you can't be a martyr unless you die--so that's why I didn't flat out call her one.

To me a martyr is anyone who dies for a cause they believed to be greater than themselves. She very nearly did that, and I stand by all my analysis of the situation which follows that.

I don't think that should diminish 12 year olds dying.

What I'd really like to focus on in that story though is how shitty it is to send 12 year olds out to clear minefields for you. That certainly is is martyring yourself, but it's also as good as being murdered by your own countrymen.

You're not going to endear a nation to me by telling me that they murdered 12 year olds in minefields.

As for Iraq, I agree. Just about the only thing good which came out of that whole situation is that Sadaam is dead. It's so good that Sadaam is dead, that I'm not sure it doesn't outweigh all of the other loss of life. If we put the scale up, all of the deaths in Iraq may have been later caused by Sadaaam anyway. In terms of actual numbers there's no doubt in my mind he'd have killed as many if not more of his own citizens than we did invading if we'd left him to his own devices.

squiggly

squiggly

I'll agree to let bygones be bygones, no prob. I'm a very mellow person, as you've seen on the farm I've not had this attitude towards anyone...I'm sorry If I had the wrong idea of who you were in mind as I was making points towards you being heartless.

But, you gotta feel me a bit, when I say: On that last sentence of yours...that's why people have issues with you, that putdown was completely unfounded. I just don't spend my time typing uber long responses to show how I'm smart and understand what you laying down. I'm not a man of many words, but people usually catch my drift.

What kind are you smoking on lately?

As for that last sentence, I retract it. That was an in-the-moment emotional response to your essentially calling me a heartless piece of shit (for like the 5th time in a row). I totally do feel ya. My bad.

I just moved so I'm in between as it goes to my own stash--so I've just been picking up as of late till I get back on track.

Latest batch is some really incredibly kushy stuff. It almost tastes like pepper (with strong kush tones) in your mouth when you smoke it. Shit is extra couch-locky.

Being in a non-medical state, bags don't often come with reliable strain information. I can usually only go so far as to say what family the stuff has originated from (kush, diesel, skunk, what have you).

marski420

marski420

I want to comment on one detail about the films- the many films- of the airliners hitting the Towers. I'm not sure who, but someone a few pages ago said the planes hitting hte towers looked completely made up because a plane would shatter into a thousand pieces when it hits something.

Well, no- materials travelling at high speeds behave differently than one might expect them to from experience with them at low speeds, and aluminum is a great case in point; It will crumple and smash at that speed, making it look exactly like the plane is disappearing into the building rather than breaking up against it.

Here's super slow motion video of a test done at Sandia Nat'l Labs. It shows footage of an F4 Phantom II hitting a solid concrete wall at about 500mph in a test;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TVz5vhNvskk

Notice the aircraft doesn't shatter; it all but disappears into an unrecognizable mess as it hits the wall. Dirk, you're a pilot; you know most airplanes, inclusing the ones in question are made primarily of aluminum. I see zero disagreement between the video above and footage of the planes hitting the towers.

Why aren't there a bunch of plane parts? Because aluminum burns, and quite nicely, thank you- makes me wonder wtf the Nav is thinking when they want destroyers made out of the stuff, but that's another conversation. Why no black box, or engines? Again, when the planes hit the towers, these were lodged in the building- and stayed there when it collapsed and were subsequently buried and entombed- and then burned in the fire that lasted for several months. There are some parts of a modern jet engine that can survive a 500 mph crash into something solid, and parts that can withstand thousands of degrees of heat. There are NO parts in the engine, the cabin, the black box or anywhere else on that plane that can withstand both. This isn't quite as much about physics as it is 'properties of materials', more along the lines of an applied engineering science. This explains why no bodies were found in NY (I'm not as familiar with the Pentagon situation so I won't speak to it), no black box, no engine components, and no aluminum.

At least as far as the actual crashes of the planes themselves, I don't see the conspiracy.

I alluded to another conspiracy, though, one that has received no attention- meaning it's been successful so far; The Bush 43 administration entered office and from the very first day- or even before- were determined to put a stop to Saddam, by any means necessary, even if it involved fabricating evidence- which of course they did in a pretty shameful ruse to sucker the UN and the American People into a war we had no business starting for any legitimate reason. That's right; long before 9/11, Dick n Shrub had already decided to take Iraq down. Looking urther into THAT may yield some interesting insights.

I love this post.. well put together and quite informative... if only the squigmaster's responses were like this the name calling would never have taken place.However this video proves one thing in my favour greatly. The one thing I have been saying that doesnt make sense this whole time is how does the plane go straight through the steel columns and out another set,yet still be completely intact? no dents to the nose at all.. in that video you linked the nose gets obliterated, and while I know the plane is hitting a different material that doesnt make a difference.. the nose would be dented to shit (minimum) or obliterated(maximum) from concrete, steel or even a stinkin tiny bird! yet on the live clip (which they never showed on TV again after the first time.. another big clue) the plane goes straight through the building without harm to itself in the slightest?? That right there is the most valid proof one could ask for cause like you said its made of aluminium and what happens to a pop can with wings when it hits something much more durable than itself? I await your intelligent response bro and thank you this is refreshing!

dirk d

dirk d

It wasn't just Iraq invading Iran. It was a group of nations loaning $$$ and arming Iraq to Invade and Murder Iranians. Iran lost over 1 million + men in that shitty war. Chemical and Biological Weapons were used by Saddam on Iranians supplied by the West. And the UN didn't even condem there use. Actually the world didn't care if Iranians were killed by Weapons of Mass Destruction. The invasion wasn't even acknolwedged to be illegal in the UN. A group of our greatest minds making the League of Nations. what a joke!

Iran had to protect its land by all means and that, unfortunately, ment sacrificing innocent lives. I place the responsibility of those young soul's death's to Iraq and the West. If Iran had never been invaded my brothers and sisters would still be alive today. Iran got the Hammer because they wouldn't take foreign control of their country.

There is a difference between Invasion and Defense of One's Country. That is the line most Americans don't understand.

K

kolah

Interesting to note is how the media ignores all the deformed babies and DNA mutations due to the DU (depleted uranium) as a direct result from our nuke bombs. And the microwave weaponry that makes the human body (which is mostly water) explode into nothing.

dirk d

dirk d

that's why I always thought that nuclear technology is old and not needed for the future. We have solar, wind, oceanic among many other alternative choices for power. hell Tuna off the shores of California have been tested for high levels of radiation from the Japan Fiasco.

But many Americans have only to look inside their mouths and look at the amalgam The Dentist put there. Massive amounts of Mercury in most Americans Mouth. Forget about a country an ocean away just look at the mirror. Why it is acceptable to have Mercury in your mouth is beyond me. Again our "Doctor's" telling us Poison is acceptable in amounts they deem "Safe." I highly recommend that anyone who has amalgam filling have them removed immediately.

Reactions: mal
V

vierundzwanzig

wow I've given dentist hell forever just recently tried to get everything pulled.
we could possibly fly had we not been poisoned from birth.

dirk d

dirk d

wow I've given dentist hell forever just recently tried to get everything pulled.
we could possibly fly had we not been poisoned from birth.
Just make sure you have them removed by a trained dentist. those amalgam fillings are fing toxic as hell. Imagine being in perfect health from birth to now?? wow..

Top Bottom