Outdoor Gardeners / Growers. Let's Talk-Show Gardens-Soil-Methods-Pests-Critters-Gardening Kind Of Stuff!

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
My tomatoes got all fucked in the last storm we had. Not sure what it is : ( Any ideas? Super bummed though either way. There is new growth that doesnt look like the leaves pictures so maybe they’ll pull through.🤷🏼‍♂️
88357842 3CC5 4A6F 95DB 1BCB5AF1DD9F
79C23F58 33E5 44CE 9E33 F21283BC4CAD

Z

Zab

Yes the Carolina reaper : ) I have a few that just now seedlings and and the ones i mentioned I’m germinating along with two I started last year that I kept alive and actually flowered and fruited! Those are in the pic somewhere in here : ) not super duper but its something hahaha!
I didn't realize that your pepper photo was recent. Last year I did some scorpion, joleka, 7 pot? something? plus a lot of habaneros, and scotch bonnet. I just used them for making hot sauce I don't think I will grow any this year but maybe.

If you have disney there is a docuseries about hot peppers, called Superhot maybe you have seen it, I found it ...........Yep enjoyable.👍

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I didn't realize that your pepper photo was recent. Last year I did some scorpion, joleka, 7 pot? something? plus a lot of habaneros, and scotch bonnet. I just used them for making hot sauce I don't think I will grow any this year but maybe.

If you have disney there is a docuseries about hot peppers, called Superhot maybe you have seen it, I found it ...........Yep enjoyable.👍
NO I havent seen that!!! Ill put it on the watch list! Thanks for that recommendation.

Do you do anything special for pepper soil?

Z

Zab

NO I havent seen that!!! Ill put it on the watch list! Thanks for that recommendation.

Do you do anything special for pepper soil?
I didnt but there are pepper grow forums, I have extra seeds if you want, as I think those days for me are over I like hot spicy foods but I cant cut now😋😢

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I’ll be doing 1 photo and 2 autos in my raised garden with carrots lettuce green beans tomatoes and cucumbers. 3 of the 4 green bean seeds sprouted yesterday. 1 of the 4 cucumber seeds just started popping through the soil. I bought 7 bags of basic garden soil 2 bags of .5-.5-.5 black crow manure 1 bag of perlite 1 bag of earthworm castings and a tub of Gaia green 4-4-4. I’ll probably be mixing it all up minus the Gaia green by mid week. Gaia will be added second week of May.(2 weeks before I add my cannabis plants). I heard carrots and lettuce are good to plant close. And green beans are good to plant where you had cannabis last year it replenishes the nitrogen.
CF9BE4C0 9C04 4A68 8036 67C61AB6C5BA
44C49972 7E72 43BB 92DB 9065F6FEFDD5
781C98D8 53BA 454E 875F 38236900A220
3A65A233 2417 4F91 A419 F0BBB6A00886

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I didnt but there are pepper grow forums, I have extra seeds if you want, as I think those days for me are over I like hot spicy foods but I cant cut now😋😢
Oh this is the only forum my heart belongs too 😂

I was doing the hot peppers to make my own “animal repellent spray” : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Like what kind of animals, the two legged kind?
ALL THE ANIMALS!!! 😂 deer, house cats, dogs. Not to worried about bears because there is low hanging fruit else where ( pun intended)

• Love
Reactions: Zab
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I’ll be doing 1 photo and 2 autos in my raised garden with carrots lettuce green beans tomatoes and cucumbers. 3 of the 4 green bean seeds sprouted yesterday. 1 of the 4 cucumber seeds just started popping through the soil. I bought 7 bags of basic garden soil 2 bags of .5-.5-.5 black crow manure 1 bag of perlite 1 bag of earthworm castings and a tub of Gaia green 4-4-4. I’ll probably be mixing it all up minus the Gaia green by mid week. Gaia will be added second week of May.(2 weeks before I add my cannabis plants). I heard carrots and lettuce are good to plant close. And green beans are good to plant where you had cannabis last year it replenishes the nitrogen. View attachment 2153590View attachment 2153588View attachment 2153593View attachment 2153589
That’s a sweet set up!! Love those raised beds. You got a great plan. My wife is more into the companion planting or at least knows more than I do about. I just plant shit all over the place 😂

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

That’s a sweet set up!! Love those raised beds. You got a great plan. My wife is more into the companion planting or at least knows more than I do about. I just plant shit all over the place 😂
Lol that’s what I’ve always done too. But figured I would try the companion route this year and see how it goes.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

So... started my first batch of seeds the other day.... my favorite... Cherokee Heirloom Tomato
Harvested the seeds from the last Cherokee tomato of last year...
T SEED

Have been using 5 year old seeds previously... couldn't find them...
had these in an open bowel in the basement.

Started this year in my favorite medium and equip... (don't see the plastic wrap)
4 days later... Pop... just put the Chicago red beet in the other 6 holes....

Tom

Hope they pop too....

Newbgrower1.. hell of a "Map" you got their .. looks exactly like one of mine..
before I forget where I put it.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So... started my first batch of seeds the other day.... my favorite... Cherokee Heirloom Tomato
Harvested the seeds from the last Cherokee tomato of last year...
View attachment 2154081

Have been using 5 year old seeds previously... couldn't find them...
had these in an open bowel in the basement.

Started this year in my favorite medium and equip... (don't see the plastic wrap)
4 days later... Pop... just put the Chicago red beet in the other 6 holes....

View attachment 2154082

Hope they pop too....

Newbgrower1.. hell of a "Map" you got their .. looks exactly like one of mine..
before I forget where I put it.

Lol I actually made that map like 2 months ago and just found it a few days ago. Lol I have faith you’ll find it.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Newbgrower1... appreciate the reassuring words... last map I made was last year... still haven't found it....

Bear...very impressive bean pole.. I like it... never grew string beans before... I got to see how it works out... might try some bean..

Clean

I get really tired of raking leaves....

Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Newbgrower1... appreciate the reassuring words... last map I made was last year... still haven't found it....

Bear...very impressive bean pole.. I like it... never grew string beans before... I got to see how it works out... might try some bean..

View attachment 2155036
I get really tired of raking leaves....
This is the only way to do it in my area! Or higher someone with a million gallon trailer to haul all the pine needles away once a year. We just got hit with “its time for permits” which is good because there are a lot of knuckle heads up here (me included hahaha)

Top Bottom