• Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Edit: Oops. Gotta check to see if there are more posts before I post. :D

wiggles

wiggles

Edit: Oops. Gotta check to see if there are more posts before I post. :D
how do you like the last garden and my bad ass spot up in the pines on the rocky mountain? im preping it now and its going really well, those plants seem to love the local soil but i think 4 years of growing in it has drained all the goodness out. thought id show you my sexy ladies :)

wiggles

wiggles

and check out how plants look before harvest over hear in England, likes like a frigin fire!

Kirsty flower 123

wiggles

wiggles

some more beautiful shots of last year. im really surprised how stocky these plants were, they look like they have been under lights! im planting up my favourite strain AMS, i gave some cuttings to a friends and it was flowerd under a strong light, the smell was very unusual, alot of subtle hints of pine and diesel, great strain if you treat it good, cant wait to grow it in the air pots!
if you haven't seen or heard of the air pot it looks amazing, it air prunes the roots and makes the best root ball possible, and faster growth and early flowering is what i needView attachment 309332
Plagron bat guano web
130055 37 Litre Superoots Air Pot V2
Kirsty flower 015
Kirsty flower 076
Kirsty flower 115

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
how do you like the last garden and my bad ass spot up in the pines on the rocky mountain? im preping it now and its going really well, those plants seem to love the local soil but i think 4 years of growing in it has drained all the goodness out. thought id show you my sexy ladies :)
Love it! You can keep building that soil, don't write it off. I love the late flower fade & colors you get on them, very nice.

wiggles

wiggles

Love it! You can keep building that soil, don't write it off. I love the late flower fade & colors you get on them, very nice.
yeah its really just about these air pots, i was talking with my friend and he said that if the plants are in pots then i will have to water allot more, and im prepared to do that. i can probably use some of this ski but then if im spending around 200 pounds on good pots and nuts then why bouther with soil that could have any kind of bugs living in it. so i think il prep the gorund for growing next year but this year will be very precise.

i love the colours to, its amazing how the plants fade to beautiful red purple as october creeps up on them, really amazing looking garden towards the end :)

wiggles

wiggles

another question regarding pee plants?!? i bought a pac a few days ago, i remember hearing somewhere that cannabis palants love pee plants, something to do with what pee roots do in the soil. if anyone knows id like some information, looks like il be growing pees as well as blackberry bushes in my garden :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pee plants...? Urine? Urine trouble now!

I'm an organic OD grower, the bugs in the soil and that are around don't bother me too much. I work towards the beneficials.

Now, I do use urine, but I thought we already had that discussion. Pee plants? I have to Google. Newp. I'm gonna need some clarification, wiggles. :)

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

I think that he meant pea plants, right? They're supposed to be nitrogen fixing plants that can aid the other plants around the pea roots.

wiggles

wiggles

yeah sorry I'm so bad at spelling, pea plants is what i meant. I'm not pissing on my garden sea :) . yeah thats what i heard, they give nitrogen to other plants through the roots. so if i were to pot them in with my other plants they would help out? and how much space do pea roots take up?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've read conflicting reports on the N-fixation and proffering. My understanding is this--if there is available N, they won't fix any atmospherical N. Also, they use Rhizobacteria for this, so you may want to inoculate (I found my legumes didn't require inoculation). ALL legumes that I can think of off the toppa mah head do this. Chick peas, pole beans, bush beans, clovers, lentils (never grown lentils, can't be that hard, can it?), peas of various types, etc. I don't know how much space pea roots take up, but they'll fit in where they can. My concern would be spider mites, simply and purely because my pole beans manage to get infested with spider mites at some point during the season, and often so do my bush beans (though not always). This year's the first I'm going to do peas. Fungus gnats have killed a few of those seedlings I started.

The peas will wind themselves up and into the cannabis, I also don't think you want that, either. I suggest choosing a cover crop that will remain low like clover, amaranth, fenugreek, something like that.
I think that he meant pea plants, right? They're supposed to be nitrogen fixing plants that can aid the other plants around the pea roots.
LMAO! Oh, fuck I'm getting old. Thanks for that. <facepalm>

wiggles

wiggles

I've read conflicting reports on the N-fixation and proffering. My understanding is this--if there is available N, they won't fix any atmospherical N. Also, they use Rhizobacteria for this, so you may want to inoculate (I found my legumes didn't require inoculation). ALL legumes that I can think of off the toppa mah head do this. Chick peas, pole beans, bush beans, clovers, lentils (never grown lentils, can't be that hard, can it?), peas of various types, etc. I don't know how much space pea roots take up, but they'll fit in where they can. My concern would be spider mites, simply and purely because my pole beans manage to get infested with spider mites at some point during the season, and often so do my bush beans (though not always). This year's the first I'm going to do peas. Fungus gnats have killed a few of those seedlings I started.

The peas will wind themselves up and into the cannabis, I also don't think you want that, either. I suggest choosing a cover crop that will remain low like clover, amaranth, fenugreek, something like that.

LMAO! Oh, fuck I'm getting old. Thanks for that. <facepalm>

yeah i think im gonna do my homework on symbiotics and plants that dont harbour little critters. i was on the phone to the company im buying all my air pots from and i asked about ordering guano and work castings, the guy said he would love to have worm castings in stoc but the company they buy from recently had a spider mite outbreak so its infested all their product! i seriously dont want spider mights , but i REALLY want worm castings. thans guys, some really good perspectives on the pee plants that i didnt think about, i am quite obsessive with my plants so i dont think the peas would wrap round the stem, but good to know. the only bug i get is green fly, and one year i brushed this over hanging birch tree that arches over the plants, and a massive swarm of greenfly whent everywhere? any advise on green fucking fly!!
im thinking about buying some lady bugs and sticking um in the fridge, then unleash them if i see any pesky critters

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How can spider mites infect/infest worms? They suck plant juices. Perhaps some other type of mite that attacks the worms themselves.

Do green flies actually do any harm?

wiggles

wiggles

yeah im not sure, the spider mite eggs could have gotten in and they just lived amoung the castings? i really have no ice.

greenflies are really harmful, they just lay shit loads of eggs and nibble on the leaves.

wiggles

wiggles

first pictures of the garden coming in 5 days, just gonna give the babys as much time under the light as possible and then they are out in the real world. and of course i lost the plugs for my grow tent, so i gotta go buy a new one! the things i do for the grow :cool:

wiggles

wiggles

How can spider mites infect/infest worms? They suck plant juices. Perhaps some other type of mite that attacks the worms themselves.

Do green flies actually do any harm?

hey sea, finally got the girls up at my spot and they are looking nice! i have bought another grow tent and put it over the first grow tent on the opposite end beacuse these grow tents downt have any material on the bottom, plus extra heat from the thicker layer of plastic sheet. also l have put loads of stones inside the tent to insure it doesn't fly away when the winds get really bad.

the setup is looking really good now, just gotta tidy up all last years mess and hope that nothing kills my plants :)
IMAG0420
IMAG0423
IMAG0424
IMAG0425
IMAG0426
IMAG0428
IMAG0429
IMAG0430

i will be turning this tent on its side when the plants get too close to the top of the tent , so the side nearest the spade will be on the ground

wiggles

wiggles

just been up to water the plants and put some of them in bigger pots. they don't seem to have been effected by the cold and they are growing nicely.
IMAG0436
IMAG0437
IMAG0438
IMAG0439
IMAG0440
IMAG0441
IMAG0442
IMAG0444
IMAG0445

IMAG0443
Top Bottom