Outdoor grow in Southeast Michigan 2024

• Thread starter cpurola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looking at that beautiful, set up, you have going there with all the sun. They are going to get only one term can come to mind! Massive! I wish I could grow mine out in the open like that. Looking sweet! My grandparents lived in Watervliet, Benton Harbor. Grandpappy worked in one of the papermills around there. I remember the stink! Lol! Took us fishing to pawpaw Lake with cane poles. Too many moons ago! My brother went back and worked in Grand Rapids for a few years! Said Benton Harbor had turned into a real shit hole! Lol

Last edited:
emanresu

emanresu

Which is why I started so many, so early. Supposedly at 2 months I can identify the boys/girls. Well, it's been 1 month and I'm getting nervous about leaving them in the 4" pots. I may have to transplant into gallon containers before they show.
Oldchucky is right, gonna get crowded in there.

Moved a tray and a friendly house spider appeared. Not relocating her/him, saw a gnat yesterday. 🙁

View attachment 2148307
View attachment 2148308
I would not let those roots go to much longer. That plant is about ready to go to its new home.

cpurola

cpurola

Wow, I wish NC was legal. I love this setup! it's going to be fun to see this shot in 6 months!
I assume you have deer issues, how do you deal with that?
Last year one came through and 'tasted' the tops of 4 plants, then spit them out. 😡
I put stakes and caution tape (had a roll from ?) around and they didn't come back.
Of course they could have been nervous after seeing an old lady in her night clothes outside jumping up and down and yelling at them. LOL

The ground hog was probably discouraged by the electric fencing.

Don't know what I'm going to do this year. It's still early.

cpurola

cpurola

Looking at that beautiful, set up, you have going there with all the sun. They are going to get only one term can come to mind! Massive! I wish I could grow mine out in the open like that. Looking sweet! My grandparents lived in Watervliet, Benton Harbor. Grandpappy worked in one of the papermills around there. I remember the stink! Lol! Took us fishing to pawpaw Lake with cane poles. Too many moons ago! My brother went back and worked in Grand Rapids for a few years! Said Benton Harbor had turned into a real shit hole! Lol
Sounds like you got out in time. If you think the smell was bad there... Mom and Dad had a business in Mt. Clemens and every time we went downtown that rotten egg smell of the mineral baths would overcome us kids and we'd beg to go somewhere/anywhere else. LOL

Oh, and thanks for the nice words about my 'garden'. If I get flack from anyone about it, I'll put the required fence up. No one can see it except the youngsters next door and I buy them off twice a year with some of the harvest. 😁

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Which is why I started so many, so early. Supposedly at 2 months I can identify the boys/girls. Well, it's been 1 month and I'm getting nervous about leaving them in the 4" pots. I may have to transplant into gallon containers before they show.
Oldchucky is right, gonna get crowded in there.

Moved a tray and a friendly house spider appeared. Not relocating her/him, saw a gnat yesterday. 🙁

View attachment 2148307
View attachment 2148308
Man that spider will turn your muscles into soup! I have a spot on my leg from one of those that is like a flesh wad were muscle used to be. Been like that for eons.
He seems friendly enough 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I will take care to give it all the space it wants. I'm not an expert, but I've seen these around for years.
One used to live on the cement ledge in the basement. Ate all the ants, we found piles of carcasses.
It’s a wolf spider.
I try to live in harmony with them.
Jumpy little shits. Def be careful. They will generally mind their business but if you come Willy nilly into their space. Bet they will try to liquify a body part. Good to have around if you aren’t scared of them.

cpurola

cpurola

It’s a wolf spider.
I try to live in harmony with them.
Jumpy little shits. Def be careful. They will generally mind their business but if you come Willy nilly into their space. Bet they will try to liquify a body part. Good to have around if you aren’t scared of them.
Thanks for the info. really!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t know! If it’s a wolf spider, you should see females, carrying babies around on their back, eventually! We have them here! Sleep well!
IMG 3101

cpurola

cpurola

Survivors
Fems:
1 - Rosella
4 - Aurora Indica
4 - Afghan Outdoor

Regular:
5 - Angel '98
4 - Blood, Milk, Sky
2 - Dirty Dancing
6 - Frost Berry
6 - LAX
2 - Mint Trip
4 - Peanut Butter Herijuana
4 - Purple Prozac
6 - Okanagan Grape
4 - Romulan Warp Drive
6 - Skystone
1 - Snow Angel

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Survivors
Fems:
1 - Rosella
4 - Aurora Indica
4 - Afghan Outdoor

Regular:
5 - Angel '98
4 - Blood, Milk, Sky
2 - Dirty Dancing
6 - Frost Berry
6 - LAX
2 - Mint Trip
4 - Peanut Butter Herijuana
4 - Purple Prozac
6 - Okanagan Grape
4 - Romulan Warp Drive
6 - Skystone
1 - Snow Angel

Some males in there I expect but should be a good year.

It doesn't take a lot of the Lucky 13's to get a good crop.

Top Bottom