outdoor grow up in the mountains 2013

• Thread starter wiggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wiggles

wiggles

oh thankx canna, im trying my best :) i got 4 hollands hopes growing now, they are all very uniform in size and health, i heard it wasnt to great but im glad your saying otherwise, people do love to grow in the wrong way and then blame the strain... im so pissed i didnt get frissian dew, i found out about it straight after i got my girls outside, i also want pink mist and biddy early 2, was thinking aobut soem auto but im not sure its the best idea, if it would work or not.

thanks dude il try and keep it interesting, im gonna be putting them into the ground very soon, just need them to fill the new pots with roots.
il be sure to look up your grow as im verry interested in the strains you mentioned and il be useing them next year if yours do good. im really keeping my eye on my 2 moby dick plants, they are ment to be the highest producers and the most relentless during veg, gotta be carefull where i put each plant, tallest at the back shortest at the fron, i got a samll garden so i gotta be smart.

thanks for the kind words mate!

wiggles

wiggles

the growth of the plants in the space of 2 days, growing like theres no tomorrow :)
Post 27911 0 03687700 1371894479
Post 27911 0 20519600 1371894497

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

oh thankx canna, im trying my best :) i got 4 hollands hopes growing now, they are all very uniform in size and health, i heard it wasnt to great but im glad your saying otherwise, people do love to grow in the wrong way and then blame the strain... im so pissed i didnt get frissian dew, i found out about it straight after i got my girls outside, i also want pink mist and biddy early 2, was thinking aobut soem auto but im not sure its the best idea, if it would work or not.

thanks dude il try and keep it interesting, im gonna be putting them into the ground very soon, just need them to fill the new pots with roots.
il be sure to look up your grow as im verry interested in the strains you mentioned and il be useing them next year if yours do good. im really keeping my eye on my 2 moby dick plants, they are ment to be the highest producers and the most relentless during veg, gotta be carefull where i put each plant, tallest at the back shortest at the fron, i got a samll garden so i gotta be smart.

thanks for the kind words mate!

You're welcome! Yeah, the Hollands Hope is definitely one that will do a lot better in our climate given that it's said to be quite mold resistant. Like you say, if people do not grow it properly it's never going to be good but then that said, I sometimes wonder what people expectations are. We don't live in the Californian valleys, so our out door produced stuff isn't going to be the same as that grown out doors over there or under a light here.

If you get the chance, take a look at my new thread, i've just updated it with my latest pics so you can see how both the other strains look. I'm really gonna keep on top of it all this run so I'll be getting bud shots up there as soon as the flowers come along too.

Also, if you're interested, and it's not hijacking, I can post some shots of my Hollands Hope here?

All the best, and all fingers crossed that the sun gets his hat on soon!!

wiggles

wiggles

You're welcome! Yeah, the Hollands Hope is definitely one that will do a lot better in our climate given that it's said to be quite mold resistant. Like you say, if people do not grow it properly it's never going to be good but then that said, I sometimes wonder what people expectations are. We don't live in the Californian valleys, so our out door produced stuff isn't going to be the same as that grown out doors over there or under a light here.

If you get the chance, take a look at my new thread, i've just updated it with my latest pics so you can see how both the other strains look. I'm really gonna keep on top of it all this run so I'll be getting bud shots up there as soon as the flowers come along too.

Also, if you're interested, and it's not hijacking, I can post some shots of my Hollands Hope here?

All the best, and all fingers crossed that the sun gets his hat on soon!!

i think from people i have talked to with less horticultural sensitivity, the assumption is "i grew a tomato plant and it looked like it does on the packet" they google OG kush, see that perfectly grown bud and think thats what they will get. you have to know first of that strain is key, and equaly important is the fact that you need to stop insects getting to them as best you can. so people who blame strains are bad gardeners.

yeah il keep an eye on your post, definalty help out for next year.

that would be great, would be good to see how our hopes compare

yeah its nothing but rain at the moment, if i get some sun tomorrow il be visiting the spot to see how they are doing, growing like weeds i imagine :)

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

I don't have many, so i'll post 10 shots of my grow of 3 Hollands Hope from last year. It kind of runs in order so you can see a progression -

HH001HH002HH003HH004HH005HH006HH007HH008HH009HH010

Final photo shows how much was left after cutting down and trimming.

wiggles

wiggles

I don't have many, so i'll post 10 shots of my grow of 3 Hollands Hope from last year. It kind of runs in order so you can see a progression -

View attachment 323125View attachment 323126View attachment 323127View attachment 323128View attachment 323129View attachment 323130View attachment 323131View attachment 323132View attachment 323133View attachment 323134

Final photo shows how much was left after cutting down and trimming.

verry nice man, thanks for the timeline of this plant, it looks like it stays quite low, or did you top it?

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

That's ok mate. The 4th picture along is how big I let them grow to and then I started to train the branches out sideways. If you look at the 5th picture it shows a stem that used to be vertical until I tied it down so it grows out horizontally. That way, instead of having one main kola at the top, that brach had about 8-10 good bud sights.

If you do that all the way around the plant you'll drastically increase the amount of flowers you'll get.

The one thing I'd say though about the grow was that it wasn't perfect. As autumn drew on, here in the SE, we seemed to have really persistent rain. There seemed like there was a time when it rained almost consistently for two weeks as it neared finishing. This meant that the bud got really wet and stayed wet for a long time and so I did get some bud mould.

Because of that I chopped them down maybe a little prematurely for fear of losing the entire crop. The buds, while quite large and fat, didn't really have much density to them, and were quite airy. Owing to this i've made a cover for this year so if we get lots of rain when the flowers are out i'll be able to put this over the top to keep them dry.

Also, definitely, defintely dry them out properly and cure them for as long as you can. The freshly dried bud didn't give you much of a hit, but after only a couple of weeks in cure it really did get stronger. This time around i'm going to sit on my hands for at least a month.

wiggles

wiggles

the garden today, filling up the tent faster than i expected, might put these beauties in the ground on the weekend.

not sure how aggressive i can be with pruning, i found that if the lower nodes loose their baby leaves they don't grow as fast as the other nodes that have their baby leaves, maybe to do with the amount of photosynthesis they can get, not sure but let me know what you think
IMAG0618
IMAG0619
IMAG0620
IMAG0621
IMAG0622
IMAG0623
IMAG0624
IMAG0627
IMAG0628
IMAG0630

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Boy oh are they starting to take off now! I can see that they've become a rather much paler shade of green, methinks that growth is explosive. Take care with egg shells unless are conditions are acidic and you have no animals that might want to dig them up. I lost almost ALL my veggie seedlings to fucking raccoons because I top-dressed them with bonemeal (a strong attractant, as strong as fish meal!) and forgot that the greenhouse isn't 'coon-proof. D'oh!

wiggles

wiggles

Boy oh are they starting to take off now! I can see that they've become a rather much paler shade of green, methinks that growth is explosive. Take care with egg shells unless are conditions are acidic and you have no animals that might want to dig them up. I lost almost ALL my veggie seedlings to fucking raccoons because I top-dressed them with bonemeal (a strong attractant, as strong as fish meal!) and forgot that the greenhouse isn't 'coon-proof. D'oh!
yeah i doubt i will use the egg shells, probably wouldnt have enough of them. plus i dont want to attract animals. they are looking lighter green, getting the side growth now

wiggles

wiggles

managed to get up to the spot today, decided to permanently remove the cover so i could let the rain do the watering for me, plus they need some hardening up from wind and cold. I m gonna leave them to do there thing until thursday, then we are putting these beauties in the ground
IMAG0647
IMAG0648
IMAG0649
IMAG0650
IMAG0653
IMAG0654
IMAG0655
m

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

Those tops are looking nice and vibrant! Their potential when in the ground is amazing so after a small time to adjust you're really gonna see some growth!

Give them plenty of space and, if you can, support! You see what nearly happened to my more exposed plants.

wiggles

wiggles

Those tops are looking nice and vibrant! Their potential when in the ground is amazing so after a small time to adjust you're really gonna see some growth!

Give them plenty of space and, if you can, support! You see what nearly happened to my more exposed plants.
yep im really keen to get them established in some good soil and in the ground. think il get some cages to support them, that sould act as a barrier against pests like mice and support in the wind. thursday here i come

wiggles

wiggles

looking very nice.
cheers vape, you think they are looking healthy, the tallest is about 3 foot now, but each node is about 5 inches apart so its kinda flimsy, i think if i tie it up it will be fine or if the wind fattens up the stem it will be ok. good for air flow i guess :)

wiggles

wiggles

so they are finally in the ground, spent about 2 hours getting this all done, i'm covered in dirt and i need a shower, i'm hoping for rain because i cant water this many plants enough to have any real effect. i did put some water on them but i only took 2 litres with me. im gonna have to leave them for a while and see what happens. the smallest one died because its stem had become britle and dead in some places and it just cracked in half when i was moving it. so here is the garden of ten, and the great wall of ganja i built to polish the job of, doubt it will keep any pests out but what can you do

IMAG0657
IMAG0658
IMAG0659
IMAG0660
IMAG0661
IMAG0663
IMAG0664
IMAG0665
IMAG0667
IMAG0668
IMAG0669

Latest posts