Pakistan Chitral Kush

• Thread starter merlin123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JoeRoots

Thought I would add my $0.02 regarding Beanho's PCK.

Pros...

10 of 10 germinated quickly. Small, very dark looking beans.
Thick and sturdy stems from the beginning. All stems were completely purple throughout the entire grow. Cloned easily, probably due to the robust nature of the stems - where other clones would wilt and rot (I suck at cloning) the PCK held in there until roots emerged.

Unfortunately, these were the only redeeming qualities I found in this strain.

Cons...

They grew very slow from the very beginning despite germing fast. Leaves had a tendency to point straight upwards. Virtually no side branching - had to top multiple times to encourage any side growth - even when topped the branches all wanted to clump together and point towards the sky.

Very nute sensitive - burned easily at the same dosage that my other strains thrived on.

All but one plant showed signs of either rust fungus or potassium deficiency - never did figure out what it was. Tried upping notes - and they just burned. Tried flushing, and ended up with root rot. It was a constant guessing game with these.

Roots were slow growing, and very susceptible to overwatering. These plants drank about half as much as my others and as a result ended up getting drowned a couple times inadvertantly.

When flowering, deficiency problems only increased. Buds were pathetically leafy and stretchy - virtually no density whatsoever. Smell was piney and menthol - not pleasing in my opinion.

All but one hermied. I didn't find this out until late into flowering because the bananas were well concealed, ended up with a lot of useless seeded bud.

After 10 weeks of flowering, none were mature. Trichs were barely cloudy. I finally got fed up and chopped them down and just decided to use them for hash with the exception of the one decent plant that is still curing - sampled a bit of this one after 10 days of drying, and the taste was awful - way too green tasting. Probably will need to cure for at least a good 6-8 weeks to get rid of the nasty chlorophyl taste.

In summary - this strain was a complete waste of time. In summary - this strain was a complete waste of time. Grew this side by side with purple kush and island sweet skunk - both of which where excellent all around in ease of growing, yield, potency, etc. The PCK was nothing but constant headaches and took all of my attention just to keep them alive. Would NOT recommend this strain at all (at least Beanho's version anyway - can't comment on Cannabiogen's)

As a medical grower who is limited to the number of plants I can grow, these bitches were a total waste of space.

I totally must agree with you Buggins. I have experienced the very same troubles with the Beanho PCK as you. I've grown them organically outdoors on good sunny spot. In vegetative stage: extremely slow growth, poor branching, tightly packed internodes, all leaves and branches pointed upwards, all plants suffered from brown leaf fungus, leaves looked very thin for the "pure" indica. From 9 plants 1 was from start a very stunted dark purple almost black mutant which I tossed as the first. From the rest of the plants there was only 1 male the rest 7 were females. They don't have very attractive smell after they stems were rubbed. Male stem smelled celerry after rub, which I not considered as "good" aroma. In flowering the buds were at first airy and too leafy although later they packed with purple calyxes which looked quite nice. Bud the final yield was very dissappointing. After drying, month curing and testing I have not found a single tasty plant from these 7. The taste is grassy, acrid. In summary Beanho PCK knock-off is totally junk plant :mad0229:, waste of time and space. By the way, I have grown several other strains in the same outdoor conditions (Chimera - Schnazzleberry 2, Pyramid seeds - Galaxy fem and my cross of Chimera Sassy Frass x Legends Mountain mix male) and they all performed very well, formed large healthy bushes and they finished product is superb in quality and quantity as well.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have never tried BeanHo's gear. However what I can say is that it sounds as though you folks were growing some PCK. Haha. Don't mean to poke fun but it is a very slow growing single stem plants. I have 5 females from Cannabiogen. these were purchased as a breeding tool. I am sorry to hear of your woes. these seeds as he stated were open pollinated by multiple males and females. Still sucks though. Many reports of these seeds from ACE and Cannabio have both found bland low yielding plants that require a long cure to have any flavor.
The 5 i have I felt the same way at first. These are fairly close to a wild plant, in terms of being refined.
Again sorry to hear another bad report of the PCK.

Peace

B

Bro.faom

"Well, not F2's because they're not from a hybrid cross, but they ARE pure Purple Pakistani Chitral Kush seeds, which is what everybody seems to be looking for. Beanho's got some wicked crosses with the PCK, too - including some crosses using genetics you can't really find anymore, like Blockhead."
You can do a F1 of différents PCK parents, if you know that's P1 and P2 are both homozygous for 2 alléles differents on the same locus.. So you can proceed to F2 PCK for 1 trait.

Top Bottom