Paying respects to the natives

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I would like to say to all the people that are from Co and not an outsider. I would like to pay my respects and say, I didn't come here to piss in your cheerios , I came to put a little sugar on top. I came here to raise my kid and get real medicine. I know allot of jokers are coming to steal your flame.I was invited by a friend in Boulder who convinced me my skills would help me here. I looked at Oregon and Cali. but they didn't fit. I just don't want to be another dick invading your space that's what happened in Florida so many people (illegal immigrants) were growing they made it trafficking for over 25 plants just to scare people off. It worked i'm gone ! They have knock and talk enforcement teams they are walking dogs in front of peoples homes. There were people squatting in foreclosed homes stealing electricity and making rooms no joke. Co is just about to implement the 2 year residency rule most places have. I am glad I made it in time. So to all the natives much respect and in a year or so if you start seeing Bubblehaze AKA Pain Killer (pk1). I will know that I have contributed nicely.

J-fly

J-fly

I would like to say to all the people that are from Co and not an outsider. I would like to pay my respects and say, I didn't come here to piss in your cheerios , I came to put a little sugar on top. I came here to raise my kid and get real medicine. I know allot of jokers are coming to steal your flame.I was invited by a friend in Boulder who convinced me my skills would help me here. I looked at Oregon and Cali. but they didn't fit. I just don't want to be another dick invading your space that's what happened in Florida so many people (illegal immigrants) were growing they made it trafficking for over 25 plants just to scare people off. It worked i'm gone ! They have knock and talk enforcement teams they are walking dogs in front of peoples homes. There were people squatting in foreclosed homes stealing electricity and making rooms no joke. Co is just about to implement the 2 year residency rule most places have. I am glad I made it in time. So to all the natives much respect and in a year or so if you start seeing Bubblehaze AKA Pain Killer (pk1). I will know that I have contributed nicely.

You are welcome. The Rebel Alliance always needs another soldier. The underground Resistance is strong in Colorado, hopefully all the soldiers can come here and train.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm a resident, but new to the local growing scene. The best way to build your contacts is by sites like this, and finding other growers. Don't bartkowitz yourself and tell everyone. Remember the three rules of growclub and you'll be fine.

The people who are already in the caregiving 'scene' will be jealous of new, young growers, so be ready for some 'resistance'.

Find good genetics, don't piss off your landlord/girlfriend/wife or anyone who knows of your grow, and you should be fine. Don't ever try to make a profit growing, 1284 stopped for-profit caregiving. As long as you're providing a service for your patients you'll be fine.

Just my two cents from another patient. I'm also in centennial.

true grit

true grit

IS this thread really necessary? I know you are making a thread for every question, but you don't need to get the approval, ok, or whatever from anyone, why make this post? just curious. Just do work, and don't worry about.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

IS this thread really necessary? I know you are making a thread for every question, but you don't need to get the approval, ok, or whatever from anyone, why make this post? just curious. Just do work, and don't worry about.

The users of this site are generally more helpful than users of other sites like this. Other sites would be more negative towards new users. THC is a wonderfully welcoming community in general.

I think it's easier for experienced posters here to answer the question instead of saying, 'THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THAT' or 'STOP ASKING QUESTIONS NEWB CHECK THE FAQs' or something like that.

I don't envy the job of a moderator, although it's appreciated.

R

Rednick

Just do work, and don't worry about.

What he said.
Do work.
Be smart about it (carbon filters, locks, discretion), otherwise you shall wake the 'Not in my backyard' neighbor.
And in Colorado, that will mean a big pain in the ass for you.
Weed not greed, there is plenty to go around.

true grit

true grit

The users of this site are generally more helpful than users of other sites like this. Other sites would be more negative towards new users. THC is a wonderfully welcoming community in general.

I think it's easier for experienced posters here to answer the question instead of saying, 'THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THAT' or 'STOP ASKING QUESTIONS NEWB CHECK THE FAQs' or something like that.

I don't envy the job of a moderator, although it's appreciated.

And thats the problem. If he would have looked, every thread already has been answered in another thread....IN THIS FORUM. Already let the first 4 redundant threads go and everyone was nice enough to answer instead of saying take a minute to read.

So let me be the dick and say yes- this a friendly site- BUT SEARCH, CHECK THE FAQ's, or just read.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

And thats the problem. If he would have looked, every thread already has been answered in another thread....IN THIS FORUM. Already let the first 4 redundant threads go and everyone was nice enough to answer instead of saying take a minute to read.

So let me be the dick and say yes- this a friendly site- BUT SEARCH, CHECK THE FAQ's, or just read.

I agree that it's a problem that clutters the site and generally increases the workload of those behind the scenes, like you. No one is going to read the posting rules unless it's some sort of requirement.

At the same time, you need new users and new posters to generate click throughs and such, so it's a tough issue to address/change.

OP, you should troll the forums and various threads here. I find it relaxing, and I am going to incorporate things I've learned from browsing existing threads into my next grow, stuff I never thought I'd pay attention to. I'm not saying you're uneducated, but there are a millions ways to grow plants, and broadening your horizons isn't a bad thing.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Sorry if I missed a similar thread I could post my respects on. You guys have helped with allot of advice and I don't have much to return the favor. Didn't mean to double post questions or threads. Didn't want to sound like a dick and keep asking a million things as a noob to this site and not say thanks. My bad ! where I come from people who do allot of question asking are usually not trying to help. Besides i'm all good now anyway you guys have helped enough for a bit.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Sorry if I missed a similar thread I could post my respects on. You guys have helped with allot of advice and I don't have much to return the favor. Didn't mean to double post questions or threads. Didn't want to sound like a dick and keep asking a million things as a noob to this site and not say thanks. My bad ! where I come from people who do allot of question asking are usually not trying to help. Besides i'm all good now anyway you guys have helped enough for a bit.

This is a huge site with thousands of threads. Chances are, someone else has had the question you're asking. That was a lesson learned for me as a new gardener. You should use this site as a resource for info. Consider yourself extremely lucky that there are more and more growers willing to share info, and also that there are places and online communities where newish growers like us can benefit from the vast knowledge base of more experienced growers.

It's worth taking some time to browse these forums and the different threads. That's why the mods react like that, because repeat threads contribute in a negative way, and they increase the workload of mods that could be doing other stuff. Or something.

true grit

true grit

At the same time, you need new users and new posters to generate click throughs and such, so it's a tough issue to address/change.

OP, you should troll the forums and various threads here. I find it relaxing, and I am going to incorporate things I've learned from browsing existing threads into my next grow, stuff I never thought I'd pay attention to. I'm not saying you're uneducated, but there are a millions ways to grow plants, and broadening your horizons isn't a bad thing.

Not necessarily, and that doesnt mean a new user shouldn't read the tos, faq, or learn the search function. ads are sold, and so are seeds, click throughs do little to nothing- paying for auctions and supporting sponsors does.

But you are absolutely correct- troll and read. You will find answers to all these threads. If you need to search- click the search button and search this forum option....

All to the good bro and again welcome to CO- just take the time to look or search next time before posting a thread. MOre than plenty of info and helpful people to help on this site and in this state forum for sure.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Welcome to beautiful Colorado! It is a great place to grow marijuana and be a legal patient or caregiver.

Venom818

Venom818

And to you my good friend THANK YOU for not coming to CALI we have it under control here no need for another person.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I moved here over a decade ago and I'm still not welcome as far as the true CO natives are concerned! HA! :party0044:

T

TyKaycha

...just take the time to look or search next time before posting a thread. MOre than plenty of info and helpful people to help on this site and in this state forum for sure.

It's a problem on every site, MMJ related or not. We're just more understanding here I think. Plus hopefully now that we have our own sub-forum (instead of that monster thread you started), maybe someone(s) can put together a "Colorado FAQ" to sticky or link to for newbies. I say a couple of us get together and hash out the FAQ, at least the questions part. I'm down to eat, drink and hash-out (pun intended).

:character0050:

J-fly

J-fly

And to you my good friend THANK YOU for not coming to CALI we have it under control here no need for another person.

With all the illegals i dont think there is room for anyone else in Cali. Looks like you and Shwartzenigger have everything under control. Colorado needs all the ganja growers it can get. More people to fight the power.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Just don't move here thinking you're gonna outgrow people in this state and take over the scene, there's alot of talent here and the market for MMJ is pretty much saturated. If you're the best where you came from looking to score big, alot of other people had the same idea. If you're the best from where you came from you'll be mediocre here. Some of the really good growers I know have become "acceptable" in this market. Shit got picky REAL fast last summer. It makes me wonder where all of this good herb is going as it's not in most of the clubs here.

Expect to move here and grow for yourself and a few other people, you ain't getting rich quick unless you're sending it back to your buddies in NYC or something, especially once cities start zoning medical caregiver grows out of residences.

Venom818

Venom818

With all the illegals i dont think there is room for anyone else in Cali. Looks like you and Shwartzenigger have everything under control. Colorado needs all the ganja growers it can get. More people to fight the power.

hell yeah thats whats up all the illegals yet we still have the best bud in the world,and yeah me the good ol shwartz got it under control:character0025::character0025::character0025:.

sky high

sky high

Likewise, let's hope Colorado foregoes falling prey to anymore half-baked ideas that have originated in Cali...like "dispensaries". What a fuckin' joke.

T

Tesseract

Colorado's competition is fierce for good reason. Its a new product and the product is boom town right now so like any business, solid products in the final outcome are your measure of success.
When I visited, some people were a-holes and had a hard time sharing info for better growing even though I did not live in their state. This makes me angry for the fact that I take my time to post here not only for my own personal satisfaction, but to share my mistakes and my successes and to help others no matter what if I have the answer.
Many though were eager to share!
Despite what anyone says, If you wan't to be a part of something for the positive, then they should be lucky to have you. It is good to think positive and have goals, but as mentioned, there are a lot of fantastic growers pushing the bounds there so much respect is needed.

T

Top Bottom