peroxide,& seed germanation

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

I recently germed 10 seeds,wet paper towel in ziplock bag method,left them a little to long in,got a little smell,of bacteria,taproot1/4" a little small,but anyway,i put some peroxide on them,alot of bubbling,did i just kill all of these seeds,or clean them????

S

Seven

I am not sure, but I do know that, I myself use a mix of Superthrive, H2O2 (Hydro. Perox) and R/O water for soaking my seeds. I have never had a problem, but the way you did it, only time will tell, unless it has happened to someone else. Just keep and eye on them is all you can do and hope for the best. In my opinion I think they will be fine. Did you spray them off with water, that would help.

Good luck!

mace

mace

Did you use straight H2O2 on them? I dunno how they are going to turn out since they are still basically seeds.

K

kindindy123

Did you use straight H2O2 on them? I dunno how they are going to turn out since they are still basically seeds.

I used reg peroxide, think its low like 3%,& they were lightly rinsed off.

S

Seven

If they have root taps, I would put them in the dirt right away and hope for the best.

Cant hurt.

T

TheNman

I've never done this myself, but if they're fizzing, you might've applied it too concentrated.

I'd do what seven suggested; plant em and see what you get.

og dmc

og dmc

Straight peroxide will damage tissue. If it was really weak it might be ok . I am curios to hear what it did.

K

kindindy123

Straight peroxide will damage tissue. If it was really weak it might be ok . I am curios to hear what it did.

well,I did put into medium,right after this silly encounter,then watered with extremly light solusion,of b-1 & a spec- 1/4 of drop superthrive,per gal,put dome on under flouros. thanks for the info guyes,

S

Seven

Please keep us updated on the progress, so others will know, if it happens to them. ;)

Thanks

K

kindindy123

Please keep us updated on the progress, so others will know, if it happens to them. ;)

Thanks

ok went into veg rm this morning,and 2 have sprouted through soil,now just atleast hope for a female,maybe a keeper hahaha,NOT,i will let you know if any more pop through,but i would say if your seeds have some smelly bactaria starting,3% reg peroxide prob wont hurt. these are super skunk. thanks gents!

S

Seven

At least that is some good news! ;)

Glad to hear it.

Have a good one!

D

DaddyzCrazy

I use peroxide in a cup of water to germ mine. Keeps the fuzzy shit from forming on em....

glad to hear yours turned out ok. Boy was I freakin for ya for a minute!!!

Top Bottom