Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

Ok, so that Pinot Noir is having none of it so out with the old and in with the new, sort of. Have put my last seed of that to germinate overnight and hopefully we'll get a better result second time around. You can't win 'em all though and have enough others to try if that one doesn't come out to play.

Guess who just finally showed her face...lol! I hadn't thrown her out as thought may as well leave there until other one germinates. Sods bloody law in effect, that is hilarious. 😄

I've now got an extra germinating seed and no soil...eek!

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Thank you. I shall plant her as well and maybe gift her to a friend. Or just grow her as got the room now!

The late starter is looking a bit pale so let's just see where she gets to. And this may force my hand with the original four now as the brand new seedling (and one yet to sprout) would probably prefer more warmth and moisture than them in the propagator so maybe time to pot the quartet.

Now if only I could get the same thing to happen for a very stubborn chilli strain I have, supposedly germinating. 6/7 chilli strains popped but the Twilight I have will just not do it!

Last edited:
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Congrats on the new tent man. That’s big news, especially that you have the support of the misses. Can’t wait to see what you pull out of them.

Remember to bury those lanky stems of the seedlings on transplant. It will give them a boost on veg and keeping them same height

lenhug

lenhug

I am definitely doing that this time after you encouraged me to last time!

Do you think I'm ok to hang on till the quartet get few more sets of leaves or with roots now showing through the jiffy pellets should I be planting them asap?

lenhug

lenhug

So, new tent coming along and would have been up and running today but the new inline fan and filter they sent me just wouldn't bloody well slot together like it should. Thought I was going completely mad and tried everything to get it to work. Even had one part out in the sun to expand it and other in the cold garage to shrink it, aah physics! Ridiculous. It's like its 0.1-0.2mm too small/large. Anyway, I'm returning it and the replacement just arrived but I'm way too knackered to sort tonight.

Other than that though, the old light is in there (as stop gap till new one arrives, be fine for few weeks whilst the ladies are young) and the humidifier and other odds and sods just need plugging in and setting up. So just need to dial it in after that really. It was all so much quicker/easier than first go around, as it should be with the knowledge gained.

Definitely got the room now:

20240323 130740

lenhug

lenhug

As for the ladies themselves. Well, I was beginning to get the fear for them a little actually. #1-4 and even the very, very leggy late starter #5 were, what looked like to me, slightly turning yellow on their first sets of leaves so I was like, you need to get in to your big girl pots asap.

So, it is done:

20240323 144100

20240323 144119

It'll never not tickle me how weeny they look once transplanted. Buried them up to their necks as much as I dared without hurting them (@Greenjourneyman 😉) and have just got them in a warm room under a grow light for the night till I get the rest of the tent sorted tomorrow.

Wish me and them luck... 🙃

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

p.s. Pinot Noir (seed 2), the extra seed I put in to germinate is still...germinating. I'm hoping be quicker this time as I think there was a tiny root peeking out in the water before I put her in the jiffy pellet. Famous last words...

For ref:
1. Speedrun: God Particle (Indica leaning hybrid)
2. Mephisto: Aunt Ginny's Elixir (CBD:THC)
3. NightOwl: Zamadelica Express (Wild Sativa)
4. Twisted Trees: Lemon OG (50/50 hybrid)
5. Mephisto: Pinot Noir (65/35 hybrid)

lenhug

lenhug

Second Pinot came through a few days back so that one took 3/4 day only so I now have an extra plant, nice.

The tent is just about complete, will stick some pics up later. Just waiting on an oil radiator heater as think is the best option for the tent size (got my eye on that new ACI heater thing but that's on pre-order till May/June so can't wait for it). Chilly overnight in the garage. Everything else is plugged in and ready to go though. Exciting!

Oh and the five seedlings are taking to their new homes well and looking healthy and happy already, The wife just rolled her eyes at using the spare room, shut, with a warm air humidifier for a few days till above arrives...lol! She's a good 'un. 🤗

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The wife just rolled her eyes at using the spare room
I get this look a lot : ) hahaha!

I’ve been fighting the temps recently with the weather my area is getting ( im not one to complain about the weather but damn I need it to make up its mind for more than a couple weeks at a time!) I need to get an oil heater.

lenhug

lenhug

Yeh, same here. It's been up/down, warm/cold and even a bit wet at times for too long. Just make that Summer switch please asap! Wont be long to be fair.

Then I'll have to look in to cooling options as Jul - Sept will be waaay too hot and particularly come the afternoons after the sun comes round and hits the garage. But the ambient will be up in the 80s anyway in the height of. Cross that bridge when I come to it I suppose but good to be prepared I think.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Oh man, you and me both dreaming of a clean room! 😄

What do you do to keep it cool in the Summer month, if you have that problem? Just a mini A/C maybe or something?
This is what im going to make work (I hope) If I remember correctly from reading around here most say to cool the lung room vs cooling the actual room🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m prepared to plumb this right into the grow space if needed.
90932FF0 60BD 41BB 9534 2259E3CE6655

lenhug

lenhug

Ha, nice! That brings back memories of old apartments in NYC! 😄

I'll try and find a mini one or suchlike ion next few months.

Bilber

Bilber

No a/c.....that would make too much sense.....haha......theres a window fan that we use.....that, and we hope it cools down.....the hoping works not too often....

🧐

lenhug

lenhug

Aaaand we're off, put the ladies in to their new home this afternoon.

Everything is hooked up, running and feeding in to the controller and just need to do some cable and rope tidying once it's all settled.

Trying to hit 73'C / 70% humidity at the moment as they're not really in veg yet so still technically seedlings (the eternal debate). Anyway, I can hit the humidity target but just can't reach the temp (tops out at 72') with that 700W oil heater so going to have to swap it for a larger one (1500W) as I'll need it warmer still very shortly. Using the old light as discussed till the new one turns up in April.

I am very excited to see how this all goes. 🙃

20240328 152024

20240328 152103

20240328 152736

20240328 152743

Top Bottom