Personal Medical Grow {Casey Jones and OG Kush}

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

12/12 Day 31

bit nute burn and light bleach action, both i like because i know i just crossed the max threshold for the nutes and the lights were as close as possible.

I will back down to 1.8-2.0 from 2.2-2.4.

today I am feeding 1.7 with at least 20-30% runoff. I went almost the entire last run without a single runoff without any major issues, this run i aim to get run of weekly to keep the pots fresh.

First 3 Pics are OG and the rest are CJ.

I am playing with lost of manual setting on the cam, definitely click on the pic to zoom in, and feel free to critique the photos, may be even toss a tip or two my way.

Og
Resog
Resog2
Rescj
Rescj2
Rescj3
Cj
Cj lolli
H

HighTolerance

daam very nice!

thanks mate, good karma your way bro.

OH yes I am switching to bloombastic. I was using hydroplex from day 18 to 30. When I was using dutch glory line, my OG was way way more frosty by this point.

So I know there is better stuff out there then hydroplex for sure, I am certain hydroplex won't cut it for me as the only PK booster.

I got some bloombastic samples. I reckon it is 20/21 PK vs 6/10 PK for hydroplex. Many people are raving about bloombastic, now I will see find out for my self what all the bloombastic fuss is about.

H

HighTolerance

OH yes, it is weird but bloombastic actually raised my pH from 4.9 (after adding the base) to 5.9 where as the the hydroplex would drop the pH to ~4.0 requiring me to use a hefty bit of silica along with a good bit pH up, which i don't like doing that much.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I hate adding base cuz of the salts, but you gotta watch the pH carefully to help the plant get it's food... I haven't heard about mixing PK boosters, but I guess it all comes down to nutrient profiling. Check out ghe nutrient calculator at the bottom of the following link:
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

You can add diiferent product's label info to determine the end nutrient profile of your mix. BTW those colas and that screen looks great... Let's hope you find a White Meter setting on that camera though... :rofl

H

HighTolerance

8-9 weeks since rooted, under a 600w Ushio MH

OG Kush, the OG is very medicinal at least for me, it helps relieve pain much better then a lot of other strains.

Due to its low yield this is my attempt to increase the yield as much as possible. The internode spacing is very nice compared my current OG and last OG, but again this got some serious training.

IMG 0477
IMG 0501
IMG 0485
winta

winta

lookin real good HT! u trained them girls like a tru pimp :cool0041:lol

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Can a plant in 5gal DWC get big enough to cover a 2.5 by 3.5 feet screen. For DWC can i just get by without ever changing the res, i think lucas and some of his follower did that but i don't remember.

Tho I'm a newb, I'd say yes. Just train the crap out of it. Supercrop, FIM, & tie it down. I have one in coco w/ 1 mo veg from clone that takes up half a 3'x3' screen.

Here it is at 24 days from 12/12. Last photo is from day 22. 1st grow! Hope mine fills out like yours did.

http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4011/4384458366_857f3118df_o.jpg

Casey is the whole right side
http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4054/4383697405_5325c20069_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4008/4383697159_223ecc0e7d_o.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Great job on the SCROG HT! Those bud shots are looking plump as well...

H

HighTolerance

lookin real good HT! u trained them girls like a tru pimp :cool0041:lol

thanks bro

Tho I'm a newb, I'd say yes. Just train the crap out of it. Supercrop, FIM, & tie it down. I have one in coco w/ 1 mo veg from clone that takes up half a 3'x3' screen.

Here it is at 24 days from 12/12. Last photo is from day 22. 1st grow! Hope mine fills out like yours did.

http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4011/4384458366_857f3118df_o.jpg

Casey is the whole right side
http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4054/4383697405_5325c20069_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4008/4383697159_223ecc0e7d_o.jpg

Dude nice job, your plant don't look like they are under a noob's care.

Great job on the SCROG HT! Those bud shots are looking plump as well...

Thanks Shady, I have to do good, I have had many great teacher. That crazy dude SHADY is one of them ;)

H

HighTolerance

12/12 Day 40

After reading so many journals on CJ man I am so happy to be growing it. GTD's and RJ's Casey Jones log were the most inspiring.

However GTD's log was what made me look for and finally obtain the CJ.

THANKS GTD for inspiring me to get CJ. And of course thank you to everyone one involved in developing this amazing strain.

Casey Jones has out shined the OG with a long shot. Really counting on CJ passing the smoke test and having fair pain relief properties. If all goes well with CJ, the 2 OG clones I am saving are going in the trash, and I will only grow CJ.

PM struck again, I added even more air flow and seem to have it under control.

Other than that, all is going well.

Last 2 pics are OG all the other ones are CJ. Got dang the OG looks like a little bitch next to the CJ. No offense to OG lovers as I am one of them. I like it for my medication but certainly not for growing.

IMG 0977
IMG 0979
Rescj2
Rescj4
Rescj
Rescj7
Resog
Resog2
S

Socachi

Damn HT that DWC is kicking ass with your OG & CJ. I'm growing OG myself and I'm no where close to you in bud size. Of course I only vegged for 2 weeks and using coir which I water by hand.

Question; since you're using H&G why not use their whole line, the Top Booster has a 13/14 pk and I understand that Shooting Powder is kick ass.

Oh ya don't give up on that OG dude, you mentioned tossing some clones. I'm pulling up a char for this show. :cool0044:

H

HighTolerance

Damn HT that DWC is kicking ass with your OG & CJ. I'm growing OG myself and I'm no where close to you in bud size. Of course I only vegged for 2 weeks and using coir which I water by hand.

Question; since you're using H&G why not use their whole line, the Top Booster has a 13/14 pk and I understand that Shooting Powder is kick ass.

Oh ya don't give up on that OG dude, you mentioned tossing some clones. I'm pulling up a char for this show. :cool0044:

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

I was just asking a question about DWC, in case I try it in future. All 4 of my girls (1veg/3bloom) are in Coco.

The only reason I am not using the entire H&G line is because I already had botanicare/atami samples.

The CJ seems to have twice as many colas and at least 3-5 times the yield. I feel embarrassed when I look at the OG next to the CJ.

One reason I forgot to mention is that OG seems to be way more susceptible to getting powdery mildew.

I have successfully rooted different strains at in 5 days, CJ as well. here is a shot of CJ, 8 days after the clone was stuck in this coco. Got dang OG was the only one to take so long (3 weeks) to root.

For myself I see many reasons to let the OG go, but very few to keep it.

IMG 0137
Rescjclone
H

HighTolerance

While I am in the talking shit to OG mode.

Here are some shots of my single OG under a 600w.

It finished it's first day of bloom after sleeping for almost 40 hours. Already showed its stretch on its first day of bloom. Will definitely hit this with a light dose of bushmaster to stop or at least slow down the vertical growth. I reckon a lot of folks have been burning their plants with bush master. I have been running it successfully at 1/2 strength with EC 1.0-1.2.

IMG 1052
IMG 1058
IMG 1066
IMG 1082
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
The CJ seems to have twice as many colas and at least 3-5 times the yield. I feel embarrassed when I look at the OG next to the CJ.
I must say that your Casey Jones looks great! Excellent job HT... :cool I'm just curious about the fan leaves that are starting to yellow a bit... Is that yellow caused by the HPS light and your camera, or are the leaves really starting to yellow at Day 35?

On a side note, I would respectfully say that it's not a fair comparison between the CJ and the OG Kush, since the former is Sativa dominant, while the latter is Indica dominant...

To be honest, I def understand the yield factor from a cash crop perspective. It seems as though the Sativa's I've seen tend to be less dense in comparison to a Kush when cured, and out here in Cali, density seems to be sought after. Anyways, I'm very interested in your cured nug shots after harvest as well as some smoke report comparisons (I haven't had the chance to smoke the CJ)...
:bong2:

H

HighTolerance

I must say that your Casey Jones looks great! Excellent job HT... :cool I'm just curious about the fan leaves that are starting to yellow a bit... Is that yellow caused by the HPS light and your camera, or are the leaves really starting to yellow at Day 35?

Thanks shady, some of the yellowing is from the camera and the HPS but a few fan leaves hear and there are starting to yellow, I am on day 40. I flushed them with 300 ppm solution to wash out the salts, during these 3 days i noticed a bit yellowing but after their first regular dose they started greening up again. And of course by no means I am an expert of feeding and such like a lot of you folks on here

On a side note, I would respectfully say that it's not a fair comparison between the CJ and the OG Kush, since the former is Sativa dominant, while the latter is Indica dominant...

Hehehehe, I knew you'd have something to say about this matter. Man OG is really one of my faves for pain relief but growing at least for me is no fun. I understand where you are coming from about indi vs sat comparison but then again there are a a lot of indica dominant that get huge colas. I guess at the end of the day to each their own. If laws were on our side and I had adequate funds and space, I would keep the OG. Oh yes the OG clones aren't going in the trash until CJ passes the smoke test. I am very curious on the CJ bud density.

To be honest, I def understand the yield factor from a cash crop perspective. It seems as though the Sativa's I've seen tend to be less dense in comparison to a Kush when cured, and out here in Cali, density seems to be sought after. Anyways, I'm very interested in your cured nug shots after harvest as well as some smoke report comparisons (I haven't had the chance to smoke the CJ)...
:bong2:

Right on about the density, lol I didn't know cali folks were the only ones into rock hard nugs, should everyone be into that.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
looking great ht,i have been wanting to gt that cj for a long while but still have not...is that the cj from Progressive O. i was told that they have the same cut gtd ran...Burn

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Here is some of the Dank OG Kush from my first grow. It was some of the best but I had, plus it was literally the first time I grew anything in my life so I was quite happy.

59296d1261710075-medical-grow-coco-1200w-himalayan-gold-og-kush-dsc06754.jpg

59927d1262123440-medical-grow-coco-1200w-himalayan-gold-og-kush-dsc07018.jpg

59926d1262123387-medical-grow-coco-1200w-himalayan-gold-og-kush-dsc07016.jpg

i have the same og, i love it but like you said low yield and long finish. good for personal

H

HighTolerance

looking great ht,i have been wanting to gt that cj for a long while but still have not...is that the cj from Progressive O. i was told that they have the same cut gtd ran...Burn

Hey man, thanks for the kindness.

My CJ cut isn't from PO. I got this cut from an individual patient who apparently picked up these 1 gen cuts from oaksterdam, which according to him were dropped off by joe himself. There have been a gazullion convos on this and it is hard it determine what is true. So at the end I have no clue what the hell cut I got.

I think the casey is starting to get ready to put out the foxtail effect. i remember GTD's CJ didn't do that, but RJ's and some other folks' pheno did.

GTD, where are you man, share your thoughts on my CJ, which cut do you reckon I have?

Top Bottom