Personal Medical Grow in Coco. [Chem D, Grape Romulan, Grapefurit Haze, Casey Jones]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Thank you very much brother, I greatly appreciate your kind remarks.

This is the same CJ I grew last time. She is already my favorite. Last round I boosted the with hydroplex quite early, it still turned out great but this round I wanted to boost a bit late, 2-3 weeks in compared to week 1 last round.

Last round the size at this stage for bigger but, this time there is more trichrome coverage.

I will def take her to the end. Aiming for ~70 days. Since I have pretty high temps my girls really have a problem getting funky colors.

M

mikegreenthumb

Thank you very much brother, I greatly appreciate your kind remarks.

This is the same CJ I grew last time. She is already my favorite. Last round I boosted the with hydroplex quite early, it still turned out great but this round I wanted to boost a bit late, 2-3 weeks in compared to week 1 last round.

Last round the size at this stage for bigger but, this time there is more trichrome coverage.

I will def take her to the end. Aiming for ~70 days. Since I have pretty high temps my girls really have a problem getting funky colors.

yeahthats about the perfect time for cacey i can tell with a estimate that on you have this shit down

week three is better time for boosters cause thats when they are slowing if not stopping stretch and they are putting loads of energy to making buds

H

HighTolerance

Socachi, your input is right on man, I am adjusting accordingly to that.

I meant to say Top Booster, not Top Shooter, my bad. This round I am gonna sticky with the H&G boosters in the late weeks to see how this stuff turns out. Haven't heard a single bad thing about their boosters.

H

HighTolerance

Quick Update-

Casey Jones - Bloom Day 27. It is growing a bit slower than last round, but last time it was on PK boosters from early on. This round I am really aiming to have healthy plants so I could give them Top booster and shooting powder. I am a bit scared if I give them too much PK now the leaves might start dropping early on.

Chemdog D & Grape Romulan - Bloom Day 20. Chemdog D is looking good, G rom stretched like a mofo, and it seems to be a slow starter. I confirmed with some other posts that grape rom indeed is a slow starter.

Grapefruit Haze & Jupiter OG - Bloom Day 20. Probably my fav plant right now. It had to be moved out of the Chemdog D/G Rom area due to limited space. So I put this one with a 2x2 hut with about 110 watts worth of CFLs with mixed spectrum. It sucks that I had to move it out of the HPS but I think it should still produce at least an 1.5 oz under the CFLs. In the same 2x2 I have a Jupiter OG cut flowering in a Styrofoam cup. This is just to test the JO and see if it is worthy of future growing.

Res
M

mikegreenthumb

grape rom hmmmm i want some o that those are mad frosty bro keep that shit up leafs looking dark greean healthy and perky damn main hitting the nail on the head

T

theloadeddragon

I thought I wrote something in here a few days ago.... but can't seem to find it now.... I don't remember what it was right at the moment, but I remember it was good..... Nice pics, Im loving the variety and the grow. Keep it up! :)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
In the same 2x2 I have a Jupiter OG cut flowering in a Styrofoam cup. This is just to test the JO and see if it is worthy of future growing.
Whaaaat?!?!? :sign0065: When did you score this? Didn't I tell you about the planetary OG's the other day? I wonder if it's the same one... if so I need to get on that.... :evilgrin BTW, very nice work with the CFL's... TF1 FTW!!!

H

HighTolerance

grape rom hmmmm i want some o that those are mad frosty bro keep that shit up leafs looking dark greean healthy and perky damn main hitting the nail on the head

Thank you my friend. I feel one with the coco and each of the strains this round. I really hope I can pull off a good harvest.

I thought I wrote something in here a few days ago.... but can't seem to find it now.... I don't remember what it was right at the moment, but I remember it was good..... Nice pics, Im loving the variety and the grow. Keep it up! :)

:headbang That sucks, it has happened to me before.

Thanks a bunch bro. Yeah the variety this round has me stoked.

Guess what I might be getting my hands on. Some SR-71 PK, just like Raider's. Woot wooot.

Oh yeah Dragon, quick question friend. Did you notice the plants finishing early when you ran coco last summer. Also what are you thoughts on PK booster timing. I have seen people start PK boosting as early as day 1 of bloom and others wait till the last few weeks.

I read an article on True Loving Organics is Skunk Mag the other day and I thought may be it was you who wrote it. Rev's ideology was very similar to your.

I really want to go all organic but in coco. I am trying to figure out all the organics I would cut the coco with.

H

HighTolerance

Whaaaat?!?!? :sign0065: When did you score this? Didn't I tell you about the planetary OG's the other day? I wonder if it's the same one... if so I need to get on that.... :evilgrin BTW, very nice work with the CFL's... TF1 FTW!!!

Yeah the Jupiter OG was a recent score. LOL I remember telling you that I had a Jupiter when you told me about the Planetary OG's.

Anyhow according to the dude, this is supposed to be the dankest OG around, LMFAO. How many times have we heard that. So I am going to test it and see if it is worthy for us.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Yeah the Jupiter OG was a recent score. LOL I remember telling you that I had a Jupiter when you told me about the Planetary OG's.

Anyhow according to the dude, this is supposed to be the dankest OG around, LMFAO. How many times have we heard that. So I am going to test it and see if it is worthy for us.
Shit I must have been lit... Floating on Neptune...
:passingjoint:
Cool brah... I'm looking forward to the show. BTW what are you currently feeding your girls? They're looking great... I think I need some of that Fulvic Acid. :thinking

H

HighTolerance

Shit I must have been lit... :passingjoint:
Cool brah... I'm looking forward to the show.

No worries man and of course if JO passes the test then you will have it in your arsenal of genetics too.

SR-71 PK might be coming soon.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx bro, I edited my post... What's your current mix consist of? How high on the CalMag do you think you will be and are you feeding once a day under HPS vs a couple days under CFL? I need to learn the ways from my COCO sensei...:character0050: BTW, the MxB in Round 5 is gonna make the first run look silly... Dense and dank as fuck!!!

H

HighTolerance

Thx bro, I edited my post... What's your current mix consist of? How high on the CalMag do you think you will be and are you feeding once a day under HPS vs a couple days under CFL? I need to learn the ways from my COCO sensei...:character0050: BTW, the MxB in Round 5 is gonna make the first run look silly... Dense and dank as fuck!!!

Thank you for your kind remarks bro. I am honored you look at me as your COCO sensei, I am not sure if I am worthy. I am just glad you listened to me and gave coco a shot. With NPK ratio adjustment and an extra ingredient or two your coco grow will be on point in the future. Also you are running hydroton and coco off the same ressy and timer. They both want different ratios of nutes and different timing. I think your buds look terrific, and I cannot imagine with few adjustments how much better your ladies could get.

I will feed the GFH under the CFL 3/4 the strength along with 3/4 the volume as compared to HPS. I will adjust the volume and strength separately in accordance to what she wants.

One good thing about the CFLs is that I am giving them a much fuller spectrum than my reg HPS.

MxB, I am super stoked man. I knew she had so much more potential. So about how much does she stretch after the flip, ~ my guess is a little less than double?

H

HighTolerance

HTwizzy's Nute Regimen.

Forgot to address the nutes issue Shady.

I feed the girls everyday. Absolutely zero run-off the entire round. If I notice salt build up I just cut the dosage down to 1/4-1/2 strength for a day or two and up the fulvic/humic acids a bit.

Fulvic is a natural chelating agent, if you ask me it is by far the sickest ingredient I have encountered in my limited experience of growing. I don't want to come across as a salesman, but anyone reading this, if you aren't familiar with fulvic acid, do some research on it and you will see for your self.

HTwizzy's Wanna be Compost Tea
Great White/Myco Madness along with some molasses/micros/fulvic are bubbled with a few stones. After only half a day the pH starts going up crazy and there is a thick layer of live foam on top. I make this tea on a bi monthly basis during veg and early flower. During late flower there is ton of micro life that I don't need to keep adding more.

I know I know that is a lot of products, but hell if I only get an extra O due to the extra help from some nutes than it still makes it worth it for me.

That said I am very open to criticism/thoughts on my nute regimen. Let me know if there are any questions.

Peace. Best wishes for everyone's grow. :character0180:

A picture is worth a thousand words. I wrote this out for you fellows and of course for my own reference.

Note I take all my reading in EC so there is no confusion for folks with different conversion for their PPM meters

Bloom G45
Booster G45
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I will feed the GFH under the CFL 3/4 the strength along with 3/4 the volume as compared to HPS. I will adjust the volume and strength separately in accordance to what she wants.
Hmmm, I kinda figured it was less both ways... Good to know and nice to hear that the CFL's are working for you... I think you will need to be pretty close with them to get proper density. I'm not too sure about that 125 W CFL... Very interested to see how that turns out in your CJ tent.

MxB, I am super stoked man. I knew she had so much more potential. So about how much does she stretch after the flip, ~ my guess is a little less than double?
Yeah man... I think you would like her lack of significant stretch. She was flipped around 24" and is currently 36". Everything is in relation to pot size and lighting though... going verticle bare bulbs with her or the CJ would both be killer results.... :itwasntme

Thx for the feeding details... Hmmm, gonna need to figure out the optimum ratios for my mix and methods, but the fulvic and humic acids sound like a worthwhile investment.

What do you know of SM-90 and it's interaction with beneficial microbes? It says it's a soil wetting agent and another buddy used it at 5 ml/gal in his coco pots to treat a fungus gnat problem... I've got it, but think I may have to use it soon to prevent an outbreak at the final flush.

H

HighTolerance

Hmmm, I kinda figured it was less both ways... Good to know and nice to hear that the CFL's are working for you... I think you will need to be pretty close with them to get proper density. I'm not too sure about that 125 W CFL... Very interested to see how that turns out in your CJ tent.

Yeah man... I think you would like her lack of significant stretch. She was flipped around 24" and is currently 36". Everything is in relation to pot size and lighting though... going verticle bare bulbs with her or the CJ would both be killer results.... :itwasntme

I think we were posting at the same time. I made a whole post about my nute regimen.

That is great to hear about MB lack of stretch. I will indeed like her. I am almost certain that I wouldn't mind replacing the CJ with GFH. May be I will put the CJ on the back burner and let GFH be the star next round, possibly along with MxB. Cannot wait to find the winners this round.

There is so many damn genetics I wanna run but no space/time/funds. Damn.

Running a nice vertical bare bulb for CJ, man that seems like a dream. I would love to that MxB under a bare, counting on you getting a job soon so you could put on a vertical show with a sealed CO2 room.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
There is so many damn genetics I wanna run but no space/time/funds. Damn.

Running a nice vertical bare bulb for CJ, man that seems like a dream. I would love to that MxB under a bare, counting on you getting a job soon so you could put on a vertical show with a sealed CO2 room.
:D HAHAA true dat bro... I'm not going bare bulbs anytime soon, but I do have another shady surprise up my sleeves... :lipssealed

H

HighTolerance

What do you know of SM-90 and it's interaction with beneficial microbes? It says it's a soil wetting agent and another buddy used it at 5 ml/gal in his coco pots to treat a fungus gnat problem... I've got it, but think I may have to use it soon to prevent an outbreak at the final flush.

Missed that part.

SM-90 will kill all the bacteria. I understand that it might be important for you to use SM-90 in the later weeks to prevent any bad attacks in the end.

In that case my suggestion would be to go ahead and use it and not worry much about the bacteria. If you can get some fulvic then that will help bind the nutes.

Also I would suggest hygrozyme, as it is a sterile product with no life. It has a lot of enzymes which you would be getting from micro life in the pots.

What I am trying to say is that you can manage some ways to deal with lack of micro life by adding some binding agents along with some supply of enzymes.

H

HighTolerance

:D HAHAA true dat bro... I'm not going bare bulbs anytime soon, but I do have another shady surprise up my sleeves... :lipssealed

LOL, you always have dead on smilie expressions. LMAO.:sun2:

justiceman

justiceman

Forgot to address the nutes issue Shady.

I feed the girls everyday. Absolutely zero run-off the entire round. If I notice salt build up I just cut the dosage down to 1/4-1/2 strength for a day or two and up the fulvic/humic acids a bit.

Fulvic is a natural chelating agent, if you ask me it is by far the sickest ingredient I have encountered in my limited experience of growing. I don't want to come across as a salesman, but anyone reading this, if you aren't familiar with fulvic acid, do some research on it and you will see for your self.

HTwizzy's Wanna be Compost Tea
Great White/Myco Madness along with some molasses/micros/fulvic are bubbled with a few stones. After only half a day the pH starts going up crazy and there is a thick layer of live foam on top. I make this tea on a bi monthly basis during veg and early flower. During late flower there is ton of micro life that I don't need to keep adding more.

I know I know that is a lot of products, but hell if I only get an extra O due to the extra help from some nutes than it still makes it worth it for me.

That said I am very open to criticism/thoughts on my nute regimen. Let me know if there are any questions.

Peace. Best wishes for everyone's grow. :character0180:

A picture is worth a thousand words. I wrote this out for you fellows and of course for my own reference.

Note I take all my reading in EC so there is no confusion for folks with different conversion for their PPM meters

Yo man right on for posting that nute regiment! I like how clean and organized it is. Your plants look ridiculous man! Good to hear you do a type of microbial tea to keep your soil biology healthy as well. Liking your style for sure man.

Fulvic Acid/Humic Acid kicks ass dude! It plays a huge role in Organics and aids in nutrient uptake(especially micros) but you already know this. I used Ancient amber (Fulvic acid) acid on my last quest and this current quest I have been using Humega(Humic acid)

Humic substances in soils and sediments can be divided into three main fractions: humic acids, fulvic acids and humin. The humic and fulvic acids are extracted as a colloidal sol from soil and other solid phase sources into a strongly basic aqueous solution of sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide. Humic acids are precipitated from this solution by adjusting the pH to 1 with hydrochloric acid, leaving the fulvic acids in solution. This is the operational distinction between humic and fulvic acids. Humin is insoluble in dilute alkali. The alcohol soluble portion of the humic fraction is generally named ulmic acid. Gray humic acids (GHA) are soluble in low ionic strength alkaline media, brown humic acids (BHA) are soluble in alkaline conditions independent of ionic strength, and fulvic acids (FA) are soluble independent of pH and I.

I wonder If fulvic acid is more efficient at aiding in nutrient uptake since it is easily soluble independent of PH and ionic strength?

Top Bottom