Personal Medical Grow in Coco. [Chem D, Grape Romulan, Grapefurit Haze, Casey Jones]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Yo man right on for posting that nute regiment! I like how clean and organized it is. Your plants look ridiculous man! Good to hear you do a type of microbial tea to keep your soil biology healthy as well. Liking your style for sure man.

Fulvic Acid/Humic Acid kicks ass dude! It plays a huge role in Organics and aids in nutrient uptake(especially micros) but you already know this. I used Ancient amber (Fulvic acid) acid on my last quest and this current quest I have been using Humega(Humic acid)

I wonder If fulvic acid is more efficient at aiding in nutrient uptake since it is easily soluble independent of PH and ionic strength?

Thank you for your kind words brother.

Yeah I am getting more and more into organics, got much learning to do from you my friend.

You are right about the humic and fulvic. Humic doesn't act right away, it breaks down over time. Where as fulvic is ready to do its magic out of the bottle.

You are also correct about using the fulvics/humics from ancient sources, they seem to be the best if not the only true sources. +1 for Leonardite Ore, as being the sickest source for these acids.

I looked at pretty much every product in the market that is trying to sell fulvic or more like fooling people into believing that they have fulvic in it. In california, one is not allowed to write fulvic on the bottles, it hasn't been approved for sale yet. Anyhow IMHO BioAg makes some of the best fulvic product.

Interesting, when I called BioAg's office to ask them a few question, after they answered my questions they also updated their site and saw that they had put up the answers to the questions about production that I was asking. Another interesting thing was that they use coco just like me to run experiments on fulvic.

Forgot to mention that Roots Amber ain't a bad product but the amount of fulvic in it is very very low. To get the full benefit of fulvic acid we really need to call the companies and find out how they separate the acids and what concentration is the fulvic in their products. LOL if you are in Cali, don't tell them that, tell em you are calling from NY and they be legally able to answer your questions more honestly.

H

HighTolerance

Have my fingers crossed for some fat colas.

Quick picture update.

Rc
Rc1
Rc2
Res
Ress1
Rs
Resss
M

mikegreenthumb

im looking forward to seeing the results im growing cacey also right now about the same time flowering and looks no where near that frosty

H

HighTolerance

im looking forward to seeing the results im growing cacey also right now about the same time flowering and looks no where near that frosty

Thanks bro. Have you flowered your casey before, I remember you have had her for a while.

What day are you on, when are you planning on giving it PK boosters.

On that note, Grape romulan is starting to take off now, she swelled quite a bit last night.

H

HighTolerance

They swelled up noticeably last last night. Here are some lights out pictures. I didn't know they were this green.

Gave them a light dose of green cure before the lights came on, as a preventative for PM. I have noticed that GC sprayed 15-30 mins before the lights come on does almost zero damage. See for yourself in the pictures.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Fucking killin' it brah! These girls are gonna blow up next week... :cool

Are you using pure Canna or mixing in some chunky perlite? How often are you watering/feeding them now? :wondering

:wait Let's see some more shots of the Jupiter OG...

H

HighTolerance

Fucking killin' it brah! These girls are gonna blow up next week... :cool

Are you using pure Canna or mixing in some chunky perlite? How often are you watering/feeding them now? :wondering

:wait Let's see some more shots of the Jupiter OG...

Thanks a lot bro, appreciate your kind remarks. Besides the penetrator/greencure/tapwater accident I had while I was half asleep, this round is running problem free.

I have my fingers crossed on the boosters, hopefully I could dial those in without doing too much damage to the leaves.

They eat everyday when the light comes on. Once the plant is settled in a pot I water everyday in bloom or veg. The volume I use per day remains stable for the most part, but on cold days the pots need a bit less water and on hot days a bit more.

I am actually running the casey in canna coco cut with organics 85/15 respectively. CD, GFH, GRom are in Coco/Perlite/Organics, 65/20/15 respectively.

Organics I use are vermiblend soil amendment, my purpose of using them is to add some good organic nutes along with some great micro life. As you know the Casey with Organics gave better flowers last round.

Here is a pic of JO for you. It was neglected for the most part, barely getting any light and water for days. Now its ok with the GFH in the hut. The internode spacing is very good on this one for an OG, I reckon this could be high yielding OG.

JO
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice shot of JO... How far is she from the light and can she be raised any closer? Also do you notice any good or bad results of the additional perlite compared to the pure coco? :passingjoint:

H

HighTolerance

Nice shot of JO... How far is she from the light and can she be raised any closer? Also do you notice any good or bad results of the additional perlite compared to the pure coco? :passingjoint:

JO is 20 days in. She is in the side of the 2x2 hut with the CFLs, may be 10 inches away. I moved her a bit closer to the light. She is much better now the she was a week ago.

Not much difference between my coco and coco/per. I only water once a day though.

It just depends on the style of growing, If I had the top dripper set up like you then cutting the coco with per is almost necessary. For you set up cutting the coco with 40-50 percent perlite would probably be the best. With higher perlite you will be able to do a lot of frequent small doses through out the day and not have to worry about over watering.

I do admit it is hard to over water coco in one run of water/feed (I could probably run a 100 gallons through a 5 gallon container in one sitting), but overwatering can still occur if the pot is still too wet and really heavy at the next feeding/watering.

For someone doing handwatering every other day or every 2 days then cutting the coco with perlite might not be a good idea because the pot will dry too fast unless the pot is very big.

If I could have it one way it would be your style, drippers feeding many time through out the day. And coco cut with 50-60 percent perlite. I think your type of coco setup, once the nutes are dialed in, should out do any other coco set up.

justiceman

justiceman

Thank you for your kind words brother.

Yeah I am getting more and more into organics, got much learning to do from you my friend.

You are right about the humic and fulvic. Humic doesn't act right away, it breaks down over time. Where as fulvic is ready to do its magic out of the bottle.

You are also correct about using the fulvics/humics from ancient sources, they seem to be the best if not the only true sources. +1 for Leonardite Ore, as being the sickest source for these acids.

I looked at pretty much every product in the market that is trying to sell fulvic or more like fooling people into believing that they have fulvic in it. In california, one is not allowed to write fulvic on the bottles, it hasn't been approved for sale yet. Anyhow IMHO BioAg makes some of the best fulvic product.

Interesting, when I called BioAg's office to ask them a few question, after they answered my questions they also updated their site and saw that they had put up the answers to the questions about production that I was asking. Another interesting thing was that they use coco just like me to run experiments on fulvic.

Forgot to mention that Roots Amber ain't a bad product but the amount of fulvic in it is very very low. To get the full benefit of fulvic acid we really need to call the companies and find out how they separate the acids and what concentration is the fulvic in their products. LOL if you are in Cali, don't tell them that, tell em you are calling from NY and they be legally able to answer your questions more honestly.

Yo right on for that response man! You have obviously done your homework my man! I need to check out this BioAg. I had a feeling that the ancient wasn't that strong. It says to use 15-30ml per gallon hahahaha! Whats the dilution ratio on the bio ag Full Power?

H

HighTolerance

Yo right on for that response man! You have obviously done your homework my man! I need to check out this BioAg. I had a feeling that the ancient wasn't that strong. It says to use 15-30ml per gallon hahahaha! Whats the dilution ratio on the bio ag Full Power?

Thanks brother. I have indeed invested a lot of time reading up on these acids.

They recommend 10-30 as well, but their Ful-Power is one of the most concentrated and purest fulvic on the market. It is kind of hard to overdose on fulvic. Its pure yellow gold. BioAg Ful-Power.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hmmm, I checked out BioAg's site:

and found this comment interesting:
Our raw material has been protected by 20 feet of sandstone and is high in humic AND fulvic.It contains imprints of plants. In basic terms, our humate is fossilized peat from broad-leaved freshwater plants. Leonardite is salt water reed/sedge based.
Either way, I'd like to try this and experiment with that Vermi T you guys like to brew... :cool

H

HighTolerance

Either way, I'd like to try this and experiment with that Vermi T you guys like to brew... :cool

Yeah I was a bit confused about that too. Although I prefer BioAg's method, I don't think there is a problem with extract from Leo being salty, after the acid extraction one can attain a nice pure humic extract. Of course everyone wants to promote their product to the best of efforts.

I don't brew vermi-t. I bubble myco madness and great white with sugars, micros, and fulvic/humic acids.

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks brother. I have indeed invested a lot of time reading up on these acids.

They recommend 10-30 as well, but their Ful-Power is one of the most concentrated and purest fulvic on the market. It is kind of hard to overdose on fulvic. Its pure yellow gold. BioAg Ful-Power.
Ya I actually have a buddy that tried it out on his crop a while ago and he told me about how good it was but I didn't think much of it for some reason:headbang. You also like it and seem to be getting excellent nutrient uptake so It's going on my list of things I need to try out:evilgrin

Vermi T is sick dude. Havn't tried it myself, but It's basically just a compost tea If I'm not mistaken. At some point here I'm going to start trying to perfect my own Guano, kelp, molasses, fulvic acid, and EWC tea for Veg and Flower. Nice thing about those teas are not only are they nutritional in NPK and micros but they also provide increased microbial life to your medium.

But I also like the simplicity of "I bubble myco madness and great white with sugars, micros, and fulvic/humic acids" Sounds like a solid microbial tea.

H

HighTolerance

Ya I actually have a buddy that tried it out on his crop a while ago and he told me about how good it was but I didn't think much of it for some reason:headbang. You also like it and seem to be getting excellent nutrient uptake so It's going on my list of things I need to try out:evilgrin

Vermi T is sick dude. Havn't tried it myself, but It's basically just a compost tea If I'm not mistaken. At some point here I'm going to start trying to perfect my own Guano, kelp, molasses, fulvic acid, and EWC tea for Veg and Flower. Nice thing about those teas are not only are they nutritional in NPK and micros but they also provide increased microbial life to your medium.

But I also like the simplicity of "I bubble myco madness and great white with sugars, micros, and fulvic/humic acids" Sounds like a solid microbial tea.

Its all good man, there are way too many products to take seriously right away. I'd be very curious on how much it helps in your organic garden.

I have actually used Vermi T before, which I got directly from the vendors. I don't have experience with real compost tea from scratch which I made myself but I the myco madness/great with TM7 and molasses works amazing.

Plus as you mentioned it is extremely simple and works great. However, I think that a good compost tea made by a professional will contain more natural strains of all the mycors and trichodermas.

I know a lot of folks buy teas from hydro shops, I have tried a handful of different teas, and very few stood out, as it was a secret ingredients the retailer wouldn't reveal. For the most part the simple tea I am making is way cheaper and worked better than most of those teas. Recently I stumbled upon a dude who said his tea is amazing and made from some of the best purest ingredients from scratch, I am going to try that soon and see how it goes.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice work on the GFH under CFL HT! Lots of my TF1 crew will get those CFL's pretty close in bloom for dense buds... :cool

H

HighTolerance

Nice work on the GFH under CFL HT! Lots of my TF1 crew will get those CFL's pretty close in bloom for dense buds... :cool

Thanks Shady. TF1 crew indeed showed the HID folks that flouros can still produce good bud with 0.5-1.0 g/watt yield. Since I am bloomed under an HPS for 10 days before moving to CFL I reallly hope I can get at least 55g from my 110 CFL.

I have the lights as close as possible without burning. Lets see how this turns out. Even if the GFH doesn't turn out that good this round I am still planning on running it again, because I don't think the CFL's are doing the yield any justice.

Top Bottom