Pets on the Farm

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donkeydon

mine was called monster.he loved to hunt birds in the pack w/ my staffie cleo. cool

Reactions: rvd
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Here's my two fur babies.
Roxy n hurley

The brindle is our girl Roxy and the blue is our boy Hurley. Roxy likes to start shit and Hurley just backs her up. Instigator and the Muscle.

Hurley also loves to play in the mud, dirt, water, snow.... anything to get dirty or wet. He's also a great rat killer for our chicken coop.
Hurley vs rats

That was only about an hour worth of work for him. Love my little rat killer.

This is what they look like most of the time though.
Roxy n hurley on the couch

Canappa

Canappa

View attachment 381138

The brindle is our girl Roxy and the blue is our boy Hurley. Roxy likes to start shit and Hurley just backs her up. Instigator and the Muscle.

Hurley also loves to play in the mud, dirt, water, snow.... anything to get dirty or wet. He's also a great rat killer for our chicken coop.
View attachment 381137

View attachment 381140

The Rat Killer thats great, How does he kill so many so fast are they in a hole or something. Sorry I am from the city never seen a rat killing dog before...

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

The Rat Killer thats great, How does he kill so many so fast are they in a hole or something. Sorry I am from the city never seen a rat killing dog before...
The rats like to live in interconnecting tunnels just under the dirt. They stay in the holes until night or they feel safe to come out and grab some chicken food or worse, the chicken eggs. So we just put the chickens away and let him loose. The first time we busted the ground open to look for rats and a few ran out. He quickly snatched one up and started chomping on it. We told him to drop it, he did, but looked at us confused since we had just told him to get it. It only took twice of doing that and he figured out his job. He would sniff around and then pounce the ground, attacking the dirt. They would flee their nests and then he would charge after them, give them one good chomp, spit them out and move onto the next one. He's awesome. He even see's the ones trying to escape by squeezing thru the chicken wire fence and snags them off the fence before then can get away. It's like he was made for it. He's always went buck wild over rodents, but i think that's just a dog thing. If a squirrel is in the back yard, he bounces around the house until we let him out to chase it. Luckily he's only been able to catch one squirrel. I still can't believe he managed that though.

Canappa

Canappa

The rats like to live in interconnecting tunnels just under the dirt. They stay in the holes until night or they feel safe to come out and grab some chicken food or worse, the chicken eggs. So we just put the chickens away and let him loose. The first time we busted the ground open to look for rats and a few ran out. He quickly snatched one up and started chomping on it. We told him to drop it, he did, but looked at us confused since we had just told him to get it. It only took twice of doing that and he figured out his job. He would sniff around and then pounce the ground, attacking the dirt. They would flee their nests and then he would charge after them, give them one good chomp, spit them out and move onto the next one. He's awesome. He even see's the ones trying to escape by squeezing thru the chicken wire fence and snags them off the fence before then can get away. It's like he was made for it. He's always went buck wild over rodents, but i think that's just a dog thing. If a squirrel is in the back yard, he bounces around the house until we let him out to chase it. Luckily he's only been able to catch one squirrel. I still can't believe he managed that though.

Thanks for the info, I need to borrow your dog just for a night lol jkn, I have a major rat problem where I live and neighbor caught 20 in one night. I see the holes going under my wood deck in the back yard but have no luck in killing them. Now If I can only train my Bostons Terriers to be rat killers lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
View attachment 381138

View attachment 381137

View attachment 381140
Rat killers are Excellent! I love that!

L

larebowm

good looking bunch of animals my dog is gaining fluid hes got a hole in his heart :(
german shepard x chow.

Top Bottom