Ph falling to 1.2?

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hey fellas. So I went and checked my number s last night before lights out and my acapolco gold was at 4.8 pH. I topped up the res yesterday morning and adjusted pH to 5.8.

Now this morning I'm running my numbers and the pH has dropped to 1.2 wtf?

For those who don't remember

5gal bucket dwc
Optimum hydroponics 2 part bloom plus sugar shack plus calmag at a ppm of 700.

My Kush plant in the same system getting same nutes just a bit weaker and pH is held stable. Nothing else has been introduced to system. Roots all healthy lots of air 2 stones per bucket good air flow low Rh of 35%.

Any ideas? I'm not looking forward to adjusting pH with acid everyday.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I should add that plant looks perfectly fine but this just started happe ING yesterday before that was fairly stable

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just how cheap is your ph meter exactly?

If it's that low, dont get any on your skin!! lol, 1.2 is as acidic as sulphuric acid !!

Honestly though, something has to be wrong. I've never seen a nutrient solution become THAT acidic.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
It calibrated fine before using it it tested right in my Ro water and seemed to be right in my other res I'm checking it again now as I type

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I adjusted to 5.8 4 hours ago now at4.5? Time for a res change

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I would assume at or 1 would do instant damage but the plant didn't seem to notice weird

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well I may have found the reason for the swings in ph. Doing my checks this morning and noticed a clear slime on my roots in the acapolco gold.

Plant seems fine. It's like clear snot and it's infected the whole root system.

Gotta change up my approach. Thinking bennies it's to much work trying to keep a sterile room sterile.

Almost added h202 rp buckets but I noticed on my flower nutes it says strictly not to add hydrogen peroxide to solution.

I read about a benificial bennies tea I can make to rid me of these problems but now can't find the post (I remember it was way deep in the catagory buried).

Nugg I need your help again lol you use bennies? Would you hook me up a recipe.

Man I thought I was doing things right I'm so frustrated with this attempt at dwc. I've also wasted a lot of time and money for nothing this grow I'm afraid.

Debating on a big ass bale of promix starter soil.

DSC 0969
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Water temps are getting too high. Try some hydro guard. Organics and hydro do not mix. Do one or the other. If you want to use organics then change your growing medium to coco.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
My water temps are at 17C steady night and day. Should I worry this will infect my other plant in same tent but in its own dwc system?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I've never looked for hydroguard but I've often read that it's very hard or expensive to find in Canada

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Wow 150$ for 1 litre. For plants in the end that will be given to some ppl I know that can't afford meds. Even I don't have that kinda loot to just give away considering I'm already a grand into 2 plants. Think I might cut my losses and go back to tried tested and tru dirt. I'm just glad it was a couple of cheap ass clones. Got 2 skunk #1 beans germing now. I'm busy AF and don't want the headaches of a hydro system anymore. I'm so frustrated I feel like stomping the plants into dirt in bavk yard.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
And I just bought all the gear to ramp up the production for dwc fuk. New pump still in box bunch new air stones buckets nets new tent new lights. My wife is gonna lose her shit for the money I've wasted.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
From what I've been reading just now seems like the addition of the sugars shack nute additive is the culprit. Just hate to kill the only landrace I've seen in years now gonna clone it to death and use soil, to save the strain. Just looked at my skunk #s 4 days germinating in Rockwell cubes and both poped already yay

BloodShot

BloodShot

Wow 150$ for 1 litre. For plants in the end that will be given to some ppl I know that can't afford meds. Even I don't have that kinda loot to just give away considering I'm already a grand into 2 plants. Think I might cut my losses and go back to tried tested and tru dirt. I'm just glad it was a couple of cheap ass clones. Got 2 skunk #1 beans germing now. I'm busy AF and don't want the headaches of a hydro system anymore. I'm so frustrated I feel like stomping the plants into dirt in bavk yard.
This is what the guy at the grow shop in Canada advised me to use in my reservoir when I was dealing with a slime developing in my autopot system and went looking for hydro guard.
Maybe it could help you "I'm hoping to never have to buy another bottle"
I've since changed my nutrients and use only ro water and slime is gone.

IMG 9252

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
You know what? Thanks man. I'm gonna keep this up with this and give that stuff a try. I'm assuming total loss on this plant either way. What's another 20bucks really.

I really like the idea of dwc. I don't wanna give it up really due to one bad experience outta all of 1 experience.

It might not save this plant but if it works maybe something in my bag of tools next time. Cheers guys thanks as always.

Sorry for the frustrated venting.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
There some good reviews of this product out there even by hydroguard only users. How is this the first I'm hearing about this stuff?

BloodShot

BloodShot

I used 1ml per litre of water in reservoir when using it. I throw it in every now and then just because I have it. It does sound good.

BloodShot

BloodShot

And I just bought all the gear to ramp up the production for dwc fuk. New pump still in box bunch new air stones buckets nets new tent new lights. My wife is gonna lose her shit for the money I've wasted.
That stuff is gonna pay for it self in one run, you just have to get the fine tuning and tweak your stuff and you'll be killing it even if you mess up on a small scale.
I look at it as an investment.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I picked up that same enzyme to run in my coco system. Heard it's basically the same as hygrozyme, except locally made.

THCMonster

THCMonster

This is what the guy at the grow shop in Canada advised me to use in my reservoir when I was dealing with a slime developing in my autopot system and went looking for hydro guard.
Maybe it could help you "I'm hoping to never have to buy another bottle"
I've since changed my nutrients and use only ro water and slime is gone.

View attachment 948148

Most people dont know about enzymes or use enzymes because most lines dont have enzymes. But whether in soil, coco, peat or hydro enzymes in my opinion are a must!

The slime on the roots is just a bacteria called pythium, enzymes may help but the h202 will help too like a previous person posted. Temps get too high and it just breeds out! Keep your water cooler and try to disinfect the buckets if you get a chance!

Top Bottom