Ph falling to 1.2?

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
My temps are at 65-66 constantly. Thanks tho

Solved the snotty slime issue on my gold but this morning I found my crit Kush some of the newer leaves are turning brown and drying up at the ends.

Now I let the pH over the last 3or 4 days drift upwards of 6.3.

When I noticed it this morning it was like 3 leaves drying up so right away I changed out the water, phed at 5.8 and half strength nutrients. Now 8 hours later more leafs are affected.

Roots look good temps are like I said 66F, this at 45%. Any idea what this might be?

My apologies; I responded to the original post, without reading all of the rest. I just amended my post after reading all the way through. 🍻

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Looking at my gold it has the same symptoms. Some leaves its starts at the tips other I near the stem could it be the enzyme maybe fml

Having. To double my meds to grow my meds.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Pic of the gold only 2 leafs so far. I've got a sinking feeling about this one it's moving fast it seems.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm literally watching this move thru my plant almost every leaf on my Kush is affected. And now honestly the gold is showing more leafs affected

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Um stupid question but does the agitated water effect what my ph pen reads as ph?

Doing some tests to figure this out and took a sample of the water in my buckets and let it settle for a min then test and it's testing almost a whole 1 difference!

Ihave always been testing the pH directly from the buckets that are highly oxygenated.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Um stupid question but does the agitated water effect what my ph pen reads as ph?

Doing some tests to figure this out and took a sample of the water in my buckets and let it settle for a min then test and it's testing almost a whole 1 difference!

Ihave always been testing the pH directly from the buckets that are highly oxygenated.

It can. Getting small bubbles (big ones don't seem to be a major issue) on the sensor can cause mis-readings on both the ppm and the ph probes/sensors. That leads me to another question that i dismissed at first but decided to ask because it recently bit me! How much agitation are you providing? I found out the hard way that it is possible to provide too much agitation. It caused my ph in my 40 gallon rez to drop rapidly on a daily basis. When i turned down the air, the PH stabilized. To say i was taken aback, would be an under-statement. As my gran used to say.... " you could have knocked me over with a feather." ☺ 🍻

pr3tti

pr3tti

ALWAYS scoop water out of your rez, THEN test pH and ppm!!!!! and never add pH products directly to rez, add it to your scooped out water, mix it thoroughly then mix that in your rez.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Fuk me as soon as I thought to do that I knew I was the one screwing it up. After 20 years of not growing and this dwc I'm trying it never occurred to me. I'm adjusting the water at water change directly in the res before plant goes bavk in but I out 2 stones in when mixing to help disperse the nutes.

Well something I learned at least but I'm adjusting to 5.8 measured in bucket with air going and it actually putting me a whole point off, explains the stunted growth and all the problems I'm having.

I'm feeling so dumb, seems so elementary I shoulda known better. FML

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
So just to be sure. I'm mixing my nutes in right order. Because I've just went off memory or what I thought was memory.

I add
Calmag 1st
Bloom part B 2nd
Bloom part A 3rd as per instruction on bottle
Carbs sugar shack 4th
Enzymes 5th
Ph last.

I never see anything perciptate out.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Fuk me as soon as I thought to do that I knew I was the one screwing it up. After 20 years of not growing and this dwc I'm trying it never occurred to me. I'm adjusting the water at water change directly in the res before plant goes bavk in but I out 2 stones in when mixing to help disperse the nutes.

Well something I learned at least but I'm adjusting to 5.8 measured in bucket with air going and it actually putting me a whole point off, explains the stunted growth and all the problems I'm having.

I'm feeling so dumb, seems so elementary I shoulda known better. FML

Don't beat yourself up. That is why we are members of the Farm. OGs & newbies alike need help. Sometimes we get too close to our plants and forget our protocol. Add a dab or two, a spot of life and whoops.... shit happens 😊 You will get your sea-legs back in no time.

Happy Growing.... 🍻🥂

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
ALWAYS scoop water out of your rez, THEN test pH and ppm!!!!! and never add pH products directly to rez, add it to your scooped out water, mix it thoroughly then mix that in your rez.

You are 100% correct. It is always best to remove to test and also premix and add each additive in turn (make sure you allow enough time for circulation and complete mixing or your nutes will settle out and sink to the bottom. A total waste.

I can check my ppm and ph in the rez because I have a 40 gallon rez so there are at least 4 places where the water is calm enough to take my test (when doing manual testing). I have Wifi BlueLab monitors on both of my cabinets so my readings are constant. I do have to make sure the probes are in calm water. 🍻

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
What's a rig like that cost ya if ya don't mind me asking? I think continuous monitoring like that would come in handy for me. Plus where did you pick it up at?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
How cold does it need to be to start retarding growth I mean ambiant room temps? The only thing that seems to be growing at all are my radishes as there a cold season plant.

My temps in both my rooms are between 17C and 18C, I know the roots like it but does it stunt my plants. Even my skunk seed popped grew like 2 inches and just stopped in 3 days no growth my tomatoes are just starting to pop the tap out of seed after almost 20 days germinating, no sign of my spearmint planted almost 10 days ago. The skunk are in soil. They are not over watered I've only watered once yesterday because I stuck a pokey in 3 inch deep and dusty soil. PH 6 Ro water only.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well I don't wanna knock any company but I bought zkittles seeds from the Quebec cannibis seeds company. Got a 5 pack fems of og Kush a 5 pack of fems zkittles. They sent me for free 2 skunk #1 fems and 2 og Kush fems for free. I germed the 2 skunk no problems.

Ive now germed 3 zkittles. Put them in cup of water for 24hours then into Rockwoll cubes in a 13cm pot.

When I took them out of water after 24, they had all popped. Only one had broken the surface of the soil and it looks stunted and deformed. A second one reached the surface shed the seed but stopped there the colotdons (spelling). Are jusr at the surface of the soil but still folded as of the seed husk was still attached.

The third seed never breached the soil I looked at seed and it has not grown at all since being in the water. I've had lots of successes germing this way.

So I'm gonna have to blame the genetics. Hope the Kush seeds are good gonna buy from someone else next time so disappointed. The seeds came is little tubes not original breeders packs but the empty pack came also. QCS is supposed to be a legit company but who knows

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Also I've bought another(4th one in 2 months) pH and TDS test pen Blue lab this time. If this one don't work I'm gonna go set there company building on fire!!! Lol jks it better work

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I agree with an above poster that it would give a more reliable reading if you were to test still water, rather than the water in the bucket.
I would also consider dropping your carb product.
Make sure your ph probe stays hydrated, and if you bought the bluelab PEN then only add a drop or two of storage solution to the little well in the cap. Too much can force solution into/around the the bulb when you close it.
Keep your chemistry simple in this type of system.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Sounds like your pH meter is dieing

Common problem. Buy cheap ones from Amazon, make sure to keep the tip wet and calibrate every couple weeks. FYI, the cheap ones are very easy to calibrate

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well I eliminated the carb booster as I honestly figured it made for a better taste when smoked.

Ive recently been told the sugar is not for the plant but for microbes in the soil needed to break down elements unavailabke to plant.

So now that the carbs are gone my ph and ppm are stable and no more of that clear slime. Haven't used the enzyme komplete either.

So things are looking up now buds are forming nicley smell has really ramped up too.

One thing I noticed and found interesting, in my flower room I'm using a like sun's 1000w eq blurple light with veg and bloom setting bothb turned on, plus I added a 150w hps sunsystem light.

What I've noticed is that when I put my girls under r the hps light (girls were tied down and growing horizontally) the bud site are all looking at the led light.

Surprised me thought the hps was the superior light but the plants are reaching for the leds. Anyone can explain this?

Top Bottom