Ph falling to 1.2?

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Either your meter is malfunctioning or something is causing it to read incorrectly... slime? A PH in that range is similar to battery acid and would kill your plants instantly.I'm a Promix guy, so I don't have problems like this but a Ph swing that low isn't really possible... even vinegar isn't nearly this acidic!

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Yeah I figured it woulda done damage instantly too. Must have been the dlime.

Homegrown hydroponics carry that enzyme stiff and there is one not far from me so see if they have in stock tomorrow if there open.

Nugg

Nugg

All I can say...don't run a sterile system..never add hydrogen peroxide or a bleach or any other cleanser...hydro guard is the best out there..that's all you need.. enzymes are good also ,but never needed any extra here..dwc is simple as fuck..don't over think it..

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Think it's worth saving? The slime is only on maybe 40%o f roots so far. Or should I clone it to death and start with fresh clones as I've read this is not systemic?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Maybe I'm not understanding but if you do not use bennies is it not considered sterile? Hydroguard is way expensive considering this is the farthest from commercial that you can get like I said I'm plan to give it mostly away.

Nugg

Nugg

What do you add to your rez? Just hydroguard? I thought u made a tea for bennies no?
It's only a suggestion..it's expensive,but worth it..you don't use much..you'll be more able to let things slide some and still be ok...I consider hydro guard beanies..it's all I add besides small amount of nutes...I just started adding some root enhancer for early veg stage...this is just me..but with it I don't have root issues..I can easily run higher water temps and still nothing..if you had it in a day or so I think it would still fix you..some like sterile systems...I couldn't keep up with it..I'm way lazy..

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Ah my bad I was sure I read a thread you did about a benifical tea. May have been one the other nugz, nugs. Lol hydro store opens at 11 tomorrow morning (stoners lol). Gonna pick some up or whatever equivalent they have. I did use some h202 poured into the water just to retard the growth till tm when I'll change the res again before the hydroguard.

Nugg

Nugg

H202 kills both good and bad..bad just comes back faster and all the good is dead,so you have to constantly add...some do well with it..some don't..good luck.

THCMonster

THCMonster

H202 kills both good and bad..bad just comes back faster and all the good is dead,so you have to constantly add...some do well with it..some don't..good luck.

Actually in my science lab i tested this on bad vs good bacteria, under a 2500x microscope under certain concentrations good bacteria (aerobic) still live up to a 2.5% H2O2 solution, where as bad bacteria (anaerobic) died at concentrations as low as 0.2% H2O2 solution.

Which actually makes sense seeing as aerobic bacteria can easily thrive in oxygen rich environments where as anaerobic bacteria can not.

One way you can prove this works without all the science is that Aquarium hobbiests sometimes add h202 to the fish tank, but if it killed all the beneficial bacteria then the fish would eventually die! Which they dont! (Unless they add too much)

But you are right, the bad can come back because h202 will dissipate back to h20 and oxygen, so you would have to keep adding the h202 if you didnt correct the reason for getting bad bacteria in the first place

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm not sure what I could have done wrong my water temps are steady at 17C or 66f or so. Have a double bucket air pump in each bucket so both are runing 2 stones. Change the water every week.. Didn't top or fim only lst. This happened right after I went 36 hours dark then flipped and added a carb supplement. I'm thinking that could be it otherwise I was just moseying along. We Wil see worse comes to worse I'll get a bunch of clones. From it all in a hook shape from training lol

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well I can't find hydroguard anywhere even amazon seller won't ship to Canada but I did get some of that enzyme komplete.

Used half recommended dose 6 ml per12 l of water and my grow room is getting flooded by bubbles. Wtf hope it stops soon.

I'm just let it do its thing then change out water tm again.

Hope it works..

Sorry about the lights in pics

DSC 0973
DSC 0972
THCMonster

THCMonster

Well I can't find hydroguard anywhere even amazon seller won't ship to Canada but I did get some of that enzyme komplete.

Used half recommended dose 6 ml per12 l of water and my grow room is getting flooded by bubbles. Wtf hope it stops soon.

I'm just let it do its thing then change out water tm again.

Hope it works..

Sorry about the lights in pics

Lmao... Yea i forgot about that shit! 😂

Its happened to me! Try a 55gal drum barrel, it wont stop anytime soon i can tell you that!

Thats the only downside with Enzymes Komplete. Its like soap! Lol

Next time for a 5gal bucket use 2ml, it will still work and it wont foam up like that. It will still foam but it wont be coming out your bucket!

Its more meant for dirt and is used as a cleaner! So the full dosage is pretty high for DWC

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well just rechecked the girls and the bubbles are now confined to the buckets and all the bubbles that were on floor are now gone. I'm gonna assume the bubbles are an indicator that's its working.

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Thanks again for the advise on this guys

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I just checked again and the roots are clear of any slime. Im amazed, I really didn't think it would work. Certainly not within 5 hours still bubbling but no slime.

I could hug you bloodshot in a non homo way of course. Thanks so much you saved my girls for sure

pr3tti

pr3tti

@JadedMarxist Brother if you're in Canada go to Homegrown Hydroponics and get Hydro Sparkle from Dutch Nutrient Formula. This product saved my DWC grow entirely!

This product is not allowed in the US anymore (because the EPA designated it as a pesticide, lots of legal red tape before product with polyquats can be sold. US Lysol & Chlorox lobbyists be too strong.) so only us Canadians can get it. It is a polyquat-based algicide and emulsifier designed specifically against slime and root rot in hydroponic applications.

How it works
It works via a dual mode of attack so microbes will have a much tougher time developing resistance to it then just an oxidizer like H2O2 or bleach. And unlike those options, it does not injure the root system and is harmless to plant cells. It only affects single-celled organisms with cell walls like protists, molds, bacteria, and enveloped viruses.

How I use
I use 2.5ml per 5gal in DWC daily until slime clears. Spraying the roots with RO water + Hydro Sparkle to physically wash away the slime/infected roots will accelerate clearing the infection. Then 2.5ml per week for maintainence. It's only like $29.95 CAD for the 500ml bottle so this will last a long time. MUCH cheaper than Hydro-guard, and you won't be playing microbe war. You can ensure your rez is free from pathogens. Also any nutrient solution you keep in bottles should have 2 drops per L of Hydro-Sparkle to keep it free from microbes. Extremely useful product. Saved my DWC from rot just 2 weeks ago. I did a shit ton of research and finally found this product that saved my grow. This is no snake oil BS or diluted bleach.

This is the MSDS of Hydro Sparkle.

Good luck fellow Canuck

Last edited:
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Haha I did hit a homegrown but bought the enzyme komplete, but the guy there recommended that stuff and its not much more than the enzyme.

I took some brochures from him to look. It funny the homegrown here was where I bought my hps and MH lights 20 years ago there even in the same address with same owner. I'm fortunate enough to have many different hydroshops within an short drive I'm in a small town an hour west on 401 from Toronto

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Well I may have found the reason for the swings in ph. Doing my checks this morning and noticed a clear slime on my roots in the acapolco gold.

Plant seems fine. It's like clear snot and it's infected the whole root system.

Gotta change up my approach. Thinking bennies it's to much work trying to keep a sterile room sterile.

Almost added h202 rp buckets but I noticed on my flower nutes it says strictly not to add hydrogen peroxide to solution.

I read about a benificial bennies tea I can make to rid me of these problems but now can't find the post (I remember it was way deep in the catagory buried).

Nugg I need your help again lol you use bennies? Would you hook me up a recipe.

Man I thought I was doing things right I'm so frustrated with this attempt at dwc. I've also wasted a lot of time and money for nothing this grow I'm afraid.

Debating on a big ass bale of promix starter soil.

Your temps are killing you (my bad, i just saw where you posted it as 66 degrees, that should work fine). Before you NUKE'em try hydroguard and/or +LIFE | Hydroponic ResearchHydroponic Research(enzyme). From the color of the roots you still have time to save them. Most important is the Hydroguard. 🍻

Last edited:
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
My temps are at 65-66 constantly. Thanks tho

Solved the snotty slime issue on my gold but this morning I found my crit Kush some of the newer leaves are turning brown and drying up at the ends.

Now I let the pH over the last 3or 4 days drift upwards of 6.3.

When I noticed it this morning it was like 3 leaves drying up so right away I changed out the water, phed at 5.8 and half strength nutrients. Now 8 hours later more leafs are affected.

Roots look good temps are like I said 66F, this at 45%. Any idea what this might be?

DSC 0974
DSC 0975
DSC 0976
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
To add water was Ro fresh bought today. Added calmag and enzyme komplete at 2ml per bucket of 12 liters or 3 gal

Top Bottom