Ph Issue Help!

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

Hey,!
I am using canna coco pro plus medium with coco A&B also canna. My plants have started showing ph issues! I have been putting my ph in at 6.0 and I've been getting a medium reeding at the roots at 5.7-5.8. I've been told that, that's perfect but they've start getting light green and getting brown/gold spots on the leaves. I've been using a TDS meter and getting 111ppm for water and after adding getting 261ppm so 150ppm of nutes and 111ppm for just water = 261ppm. So they've been getting some stable nutes at 150 of nutes and ph has been good as it's gone in at 6.0-6.1 and roots have been at 5.7 so they must be taking in the nutes at that range. I just can't get my head around why they are started to go brown and twist. I'm just using coco A&B. I used 4ml of A and 4ml of B but I was only getting a ppm of like 31 for the nutes so including water it was 142ppm. I fed them just that before but they started with nutes deficiency and I was told with TDS metres you have to measure the water and subtract it from your nutes and get your nutes at your level so I wanted 150 of nutes so did 260 as my water was 111ppm. I'm just very confused on why they are doing this!ā˜¹ļø

M

Mattfitz

Could it be over watering are u leting the soil dry out between waterings

Newbie987

Newbie987

Yeah I'm letting it dry out. I water every 3 days. I've head calcium deficiency is common in coco so I'm ordering some calmag and I'm going to see if that works

justiceman

justiceman

150ppm of nutes is just not enough man.Unless they are seedlings I'd probably shoot up to about 250-350 worth of nutes atleast. Might even have to go higher depending on age/size. You should provide some pictures if you can. You should not need calmag as I'm pretty sure their is plenty in Canna A and B. After all it's a stand alone coco nutrient. Your pH is just fine don't worry about. Don't let em dry out EVER. Always feed nutrient. Never plain water.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Cheers guys. They are only about 19 days old. I have flushed them for a day or two now I was giving them A&B at 150ppm of nutes but I was having to do a bigger dose than recommended by canna so I've flushed out and they did look a little over fed. After another day of flushing I'm going to start back on the small plant feed vita link plant start and give 6ml a litre and hopefully they shouldn't be to bad

T

TripC

DO NOT FLUSH! NEVER (until final week-10 days before harvest - even then you can put some molasses or extremely light tapering feeds in around t-minus 14 to t-minus 10 days to harvest)! Even if you overfed you still need to give a "light feed" of nutes in coco! Please for the love of coco and your plants, do not flush ever - especially back to back feedings!!!

Newbie987

Newbie987

TripC.. Thanks for your input. After flushing though they have started to grow a lot better. It might be because the coco isn't drying out and keeping damp and they are starting to look a little more healthier than before. I don't know wether to keep them on PH'd water for a few days or giving them so mild nutes (vitalink plant start) and see what they respond like

incogneato

incogneato

TripC.. Thanks for your input. After flushing though they have started to grow a lot better. It might be because the coco isn't drying out and keeping damp and they are starting to look a little more healthier than before. I don't know wether to keep them on PH'd water for a few days or giving them so mild nutes (vitalink plant start) and see what they respond like
If you're in coco don't water only feed. Always give them at least some nutes.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
DO NOT FLUSH! NEVER (until final week-10 days before harvest - even then you can put some molasses or extremely light tapering feeds in around t-minus 14 to t-minus 10 days to harvest)! Even if you overfed you still need to give a "light feed" of nutes in coco! Please for the love of coco and your plants, do not flush ever - especially back to back feedings!!!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
With each water shall I give abit of feed? Or water a few days then abit of feed. I'll be using very mild nutes
With coco you treat it like hydro, feed every watering until you are about to harvest.
You can water coco multiple times a day if you are using a dripper but if you soak it and keep it soaked all the time it will get root problems. Its best to water by weight, water it heavily until water runs out the bottom and feel the weight. Get another pot the same size and put moist coco in it and compare the weights. Never let it completely dry out until the top of the coco is dry but let it dry out enough to get some air to the roots.

T

TripC

Definitely give mild nutes at minimum, not just PH'd water. Again, you do NOT want the coco to dry out. Keep it damp as you said you are - believe me that's not the problem. If you don't water for 2+ days and your coco dries out, then you'll experience even worse problems.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Thanks. I've just fed with mild nutes and shall do the same tomorrow. When I was feeding with A&B I was doing nutes once a week and through the week using ph water but they are stressed so for now I'm dropping back on to the plant start for now until they look green but a good light green the. I will drop back onto the A&B starting at 1/4 strength everyday and go upto 1/2 strength after a week and so on

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks. I've just fed with mild nutes and shall do the same tomorrow. When I was feeding with A&B I was doing nutes once a week and through the week using ph water but they are stressed so for now I'm dropping back on to the plant start for now until they look green but a good light green the. I will drop back onto the A&B starting at 1/4 strength everyday and go upto 1/2 strength after a week and so on
Put up a pic, I bet they are stressed from being hungry. Coco has no nutrition in it alone you have to add that yourself. That's why you never feed just water, that's for soil.

Newbie987

Newbie987

I'm trying to put a pic up but it's not letting me. I can describe it. The leaves are darks with light brown spots dotted about all over and there's one plant that's started to be crispy. There 3 week 1 day old from seed

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It will come good mate just get your feeds right and fingers crossed . Good luck and learn from this run there is always something new to learn every day . Keep us posted welcome to the farm .

Latest posts

Top Bottom