Phenotype Hunt - The search for the next, new and best!

• Thread starter als_weed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

als_weed

Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

PH070

Perky plants with leaves reaching high for the light is just a delight.

Data:

PH071

The plants are pigging out, needing more food every other day this week. We will continue to shoot prune the short plants and pinch the tall plants.

Dueling Projects:

PH072

Pure Michigan competes to be tallest in the unit.

Full steam ahead with maximum growth rates starting now!

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

A

als_weed

Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

PH073

Data:

PH074

The plants are eating heavy and growing fast. A BRLC cross is winning the height race. There are several strong plants that just exude hybrid vigor.

Starting to see various bud sizes. Remember one of the goals of this experiment is to make a "crystal cactus" version of each strain, so big buds on a shorter frame is a key indicator.

-al

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Oh man this is where the fun really begins!! Can’t wait to see how these beauties progress!!

A

als_weed

Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

PH075

Data:

PH076

Happy Plants:

PH077

The stretch is about done, and it's time to stack! I'm still pinching tops and getting ready to take out intermediate bud zone leaves.

The first res change was completed, with the only issue being a high pH that had to be brought down.

-al

A

als_weed

A personal update

As you may know, I have recently partnered up with Green Rush Farms to do pheno hunts and crosses. We wanted to have a forum here, but for now that is just not possible.

If you are enjoying this project thread, please join me on Icmag in the Green Rush Farms forum.

In addition to a version of this thread, I have several projects:

23 Strain Cross with Reversed Black Truffle

We have 23 strains spread across 2 units in the bloom boom room. Meanwhile in the transition chamber, we have successfully reversed Black Truffle.

BTX027

Our She-Male:

BTX025

Pheno Hunt of 3 Bros. Grimm Strains

We are looking for a trippy buzz. Participants are Cinderella, Apollo, and Rosetta Stone.

BGPH006

Pheno Hunt of Original Chocolate Diesel+ 3 More Diesels!

Yeah, we are popping legendary seeds! Just started.

SDX002

Thank you for your attention.

-al

Last edited by a moderator:
A

als_weed

Day 35 Bloom

Unit:

PH078

The plants are done stretching and the flowers are coming on strong. We have a couple daughters looking better than their mom. PRMZ4 is shorter, but has larger buds with more trichs than PRMI.

I have removed fan leaves from the intermediate bud zone. The bottom leaves stay on until the plant decides they are done. This lets us foliar feed them in the bloom cycle without worry of bud rot.

Data:

PH079

The plants have slowed their eating as expected with the stretch coming to a close. As flowering begins to crescendo, we will start to PK boost.

Volcanic Slap #3 Mutant:

PH080

We have a super vigorous version of BRLC. It is stacking hard right now, but we will see about color, yield, and buzz in a few weeks.

-al

Moshmen

Moshmen

A personal update

As you may know, I have recently partnered up with Green Rush Farms to do pheno hunts and crosses. We wanted to have a forum here, but for now that is just not possible.

If you are enjoying this project thread, please join me on Icmag in the Green Rush Farms forum.

In addition to a version of this thread, I have several projects:

23 Strain Cross with Reversed Black Truffle

We have 23 strains spread across 2 units in the bloom boom room. Meanwhile in the transition chamber, we have successfully reversed Black Truffle.

View attachment 1290767

Our She-Male:

View attachment 1290768

Pheno Hunt of 3 Bros. Grimm Strains

We are looking for a trippy buzz. Participants are Cinderella, Apollo, and Rosetta Stone.

View attachment 1290769

Pheno Hunt of Original Chocolate Diesel+ 3 More Diesels!

Yeah, we are popping legendary seeds! Just started.

View attachment 1290770

Thank you for your attention.

-al
Just popped 10 Cindy’s myself

DA3B6659 0EA8 449B 9AC6 DAF5A39DAD6F
A

als_weed

Mom Update

PH081

Our moms are 125 days old!

With just another month to go, they are all still alive and ready to be mom plants. Another round of worm poop and a steady diet of tea should ensure their survival.

-al

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

Day 42 Bloom

Unit:

View attachment 1295697

Data:

View attachment 1295698

Time to Stack:

View attachment 1295699

We have started to PK boost with Kool Bloom. Liquid Karma, along with Aero Tea help to max terps.

-al
Lookin' good as always, just wondering are you fighting off spider mites? Kinda looks like mite damage on the bottom. Or maybe just root issues? NFT is my favorite hydro technique, but it is highly susceptible to root issues..

A

als_weed

Day 49 Bloom

Unit:

PH085

Data:

PH086

We have continued to PK boost. The plants got one of their last tastes of regular nutes.

PRMZ4:

PH087

PRMZ4 has an extra level of sparkle that even outshines her mama!

BTFL Him/Her:

PH088

As some of you may know, I reversed a Black Truffle(pure Michigan x White Truffle) for another project. I have been very careful with fans and such. However, once I saw the speckled browning pistols, I knew it was time to turn a problem into an opportunity. Why not have any winners already impregnated with feminized Black Truffle pollen?

They are old enough that we can see structure and size, but just young enough to make mature seeds.

Pretty tasty lemonade!

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

A

als_weed

Bloom Day 56

Unit:

PH090

Data:

PH091

The plants are coasting to the end and not eating much. They got their last PK boost as the pH has bounced around the mid fives.

PRMZ2:

PH092

A thick stalked "Bertha" version of Pure Michigan with bigger buds and more trichomes.

Side:

PH093

LVCZ3:

PH094

A bigger sparklier version of Black Rock Lava Cake. Now if it will just turn black!

PRMZ3:

PH095

An oddball that looks a lot like Deep Chunk. It even has a deep earth funk smell, tho the genes are far, far apart.

The project is winding down and I'm starting to play the game of "who is first smoke"?

-al

Cohi

Cohi

excellent thread - really appreciate you sharing your techniques and thanks for the sample data sheet :)

A

als_weed

Day 63 Bloom

Unit:

PH096

Data:

PH097

PRMI:

PH098

PRMZ4:

PH099

Budz:

PH100

Many of these are ready to cut, but we are letting everyone go long to let the sprinkling of seeds fully develop.

The plants have stopped eating and tomorrow we will begin clearing the res. We start with draining off half and replacing with RO. I add terps and extra Aero Tea to help retain oils and aromas. Normally this is done twice in the final week, bringing the tds below 200. I prefer to have at least 3 days with lower numbers before chopping.

I'm pretty stoked at the prospect of timber time finally getting here since we started this project back in June. I will be extensively documenting each individual as they come down.

Lotta work, lotta fun! Can't wait!

-al

A

als_weed

Preliminary Results

Test Bags:

PH101

Seeds!:

PH102

First of all - Big shout out to the Green Rush Crew! Thanks for spending an evening pinching through not quite dry enough buds to find all the seeds!

We have plenty of seeds to investigate any winners along with BRLCxBTFL and BTFL S1 in the bag.

As for early smoke test results, we have 2 front runners: PRMZ2 and LVCZ3.

Aka:

Mitten Slap - A brain tickling creep that takes an hour to peak. Just keeps coming with enhanced visual and auditory effects. Numbs the nose and teeth.

Volcanic Slap - An ear ringing slap that gives you head awareness - the tilted altimeter feeling that makes you bounce and move.

Some big duds: The GDPZ and WAGZ crosses. None of the daughters came close to exceeding their mothers. I was looking for exotic terps and head whacking buzzes. Found pretty plants with meh smells and forgettable buzzes.

I'm not looking for any clear buzzes. I want folks to KNOW with physical effects and duration, that they have stumbled into something special.

Odds are always long to find the real deal winners. I have not declared any of these so, but we have at least 2 that warrant further investigation.

I'll have a final report on this round of plants soon. I'm waiting on smoke reports and bud shots to compile the data.

-al

A

als_weed

Straggler Roundup Update

PH103

Here's a pic of Gran Dawgy Purps(back) with her daughter GDPZ1(foreground) at day 63. The mom is outshining the daughter with better structure and aroma.

It's hard to beat that mom, she's about 14 years old and has been bred at least a dozen times with no progeny coming close.

She has a nail salon funk that makes your eyes and your mouth water from the fumes. You can't make wax from her because the oil she creates melts hash. Her sweet flavor with that cloying scent and buzz that makes you move and make lists, will haunt you.

I spent a decade looking up both parental lines to no avail. She's at the critical age when plants flame out and I'm desperate to find a suitable daughter. We have 2 more straggler GDPZs to look at. Here's hoping Black Truffle is a suitable suitor.

-al

-----------------------------------------------------

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
As always, I love reading your highly detailed journal! Amazing progress, keep it coming!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom