Phenotype Hunt - The search for the next, new and best!

• Thread starter als_weed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

als_weed

-al's Mail Bag

Occasionally I will repost questions asked in other forums or mail that seems relevant.

You never posted your bloom tea recipe. Please? -b

Here's What You Need:

PH104

Disclaimer First: This is what I use. Your mileage may vary. You can harm your plants if made, used, or dosed incorrectly.

als Bloom Boom Tea

Into a 5 gallon bucket of reverse osmosis water, with a large vigorous airstone add:

1 tspn Great White
1 tspn Epsom Salts
4 tblspn Papa's Perfect Poop
4 tspn Molasses
1 Alfalfa cube (approx 2 cubic inches)

Let brew 24 - 48 hours. Stir vigorously and mix half and half with RO water to feed. Never use on wilted plants.

Alternate feedings with plain RO all the way till clear time. You need no changing recipe schedule to produce awesome organic buds with reduced root volumes.

Here's a retired mom in bloom:

PH105

She will get wheeled around the room as we reset for the next bloom wave.

This tea has few salts outside the Epsom, which is required. It creates a balanced living PK boost that is replenished every feeding.

The only adjustment that may be required is to add worm castings if you see any Nitrogen defs.

This is also the formula I use to feed plants in the Transition Chamber where the process requires heavy PK.

New She-Male Tasting Silver:

PH106

Transformed She/He:

BTX070

And any tea updates? -b

I have found a cheap grocery store organic molasses that performs better. For 2 bucks you get more nutes and foamier topped teas.

PH107

Thank you for your interest.

-al

A

als_weed

Straggler Roundup Update

We have 3 Individuals PRMZ1, GDPZ1, and GDPZ3 in unit 3.

PRMZ1:

PH108

She's a little short, but triched out and pungent.

GDPZ1:

PH109

She's taller and robust with some of her mom's reek. But a looser looking bud.

GDPZ3:

PH110

Extra trichs with the folded leaf trait I normally don't care for. Not much smell either.

Of course, the smoke test is what matters, and I'll be back soon with the results.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

A

als_weed

And Then There Were Four

PH111

These 4 potential moms are all that’s left. Today they are 215 days old and still in their first uppot 2 quart planters. They have survived on only als dirt plant delight tea and supplemental worm castings.

I have aggressively pruned our ladies in waiting. The clippings went to the cloner to make our confirmation clones that will be grown out by my testers in 3 different media and nute regimens. I will run them as well and keep the thread updated with the results.

Our girls will sip tea for another 4 months while their fate is determined with an uppot to a gallon container soon.

Roller Girl:

PH112

A couple folks asked how Roller Girl, our mascot WTFL dirt girl is doing. With about 3 weeks of bloom left, she's purpin and terpin with a stank! Her diet will continue to be als Boom Bloom tea every other day until clear cycle.

We have a new als_weed forum on Overgrow.com! Come join us there in the sponsored section to see all the cool projects.

The als_weed/GRF network now includes:

als_weed forum on Overgrow.com

Green Rush Farms forum on ICMag.com

Nonsponsored threads on THCFarmer.com

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

A

als_weed

15th = Calibration Day!

PH113

As a regular product tester, I have learned that establishing rituals is an excellent way to make sure certain things get done.

Just like always putting your keys on the hook, for me, the 15th of every month is calibration day.

This is something that many do only after they are performing an autopsy and trying to figure out what the hell happened. It can sneak up on you and before you know it, you don't know anything.

The reason we have instruments is to gather knowledge, and if they are faulty, they can tell you to do the exact wrong thing.

You don't need expensive equipment, just take care of what you have. My first Hanna Nutridip was over $1,200. I use the $29 variety now.

Calibration Math: 15 minutes a month on the 15th = Situational Awareness and happy plants.

Aa always, your comments are questions are welcome.

-al

A

als_weed

Confirmation Grow Update

PH114

Here we are starting a confirmation run. We are confirming whether PRMZ2, LVCZ3, GDPZ1, and GDPZ4 are worth further research. PRMZ2 and LVC3 are also being grown out by test growers in dirt and coco.

GDPZ1 has a nice combination of Slapz and GDP attributes. However the bud is a little fluffy for my taste, since loose nugs tend to crumble and degrade fast in storage. The nutes are a little stouter in this run and the plant is a little larger. If it improves I will pass it off for further testing.

PH056

This is what happened last time I tried to plant GDPZ4! Took this long to get back to it, but here's hoping!

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

Top Bottom